PDA

View Full Version : Recomend Cyprus Hire??

Ken Wells
26th May 2008, 16:28
Off to Cyprus for 3 weeks this week, via T5. Hand luggage only as can't trust the :mad:THEIFROW handlers.

Any advice on hiring an aircrfat or R44 over there?

Cheers

S-Works
26th May 2008, 18:19
You have zippo chance of an R44, I have never seen a private helicopter in all the years I have been going to Cyprus.

Pathos has a club I can't recall the name off. I fly with Griffin at Larnaca.

Ken Wells
26th May 2008, 19:15
Cheers I'll check em out, are prices similar to UK or cheaper?

S-Works
26th May 2008, 19:29
More expensive. CYPŁ to UK but the exchange rate sucks!

nickyjsmith
26th May 2008, 19:38
Cyprus joined the euro at the beginning of the year, it was already expensive so with the euro so strong its even more expensive!

NIck.

eharding
26th May 2008, 19:40
Off to Cyprus for 3 weeks this week,

Cheers Ken - you ruin my Sunday lunch by reading out the weather forecast in Cyprus - repeatedly - just to rub it in, and now I log onto the Proon and damn me, here it is again.

That being said, where is the one once known as "Dirigible"? - I thought he was still on the island?

Mike Cross
26th May 2008, 20:43
I flew with these some years ago from Pafos

http://www.griffonaviation.com/

Aeroplane was a PA28, tatty looking but fully serviceable. It gets very bumpy due to thermal activity and you have mountains rising straight off the sea. You wouldn't want a forced landing I can tell you.

Chart was a photocopy and you needed a FP for every flight.

No idea what they are like now but if they're still in business they must have something going for them.

Ken Wells
27th May 2008, 08:23
Yeah he is still there, PM'd him so hopefully meet up.

Ken Wells
27th May 2008, 08:26
Thanks Mike!

TheGorrilla
1st Jun 2008, 00:14
Ken, Dirigible was the CFI of Griffon Aviation. God help us.

Now he's flying more expensive toys around. Kick him in the groin for me please.