PDA

View Full Version : VAustralia New Routes

Pages : 1 [2]

dizzylizzy
7th Feb 2009, 10:01
What is Economy Lite? Is is bogan econonmy?

kiwi engineer12
7th Feb 2009, 13:00
-No IFE. (crew disable the screens/control through the Panasonic system)
-Food/Bev's are extra cost, select what you want when booking your ticket.
-Dedicated cabin using a movable curtain/divider (Lite cabin is the last rows of the A/C, divider positioned according to how many seats sold as 'Lite')
-Seat pitch reamins the same.

I'm also guessing there will be baggage restrictions, and bugger all 'rockstar' treatment.

frank johns
7th Feb 2009, 23:28
Have people been recruited for aircraft 4&5 or on hold files?

abc1
8th Feb 2009, 00:41
Shedload of VB guys falling over them selves at the opportunity to fly a tripla for less than pittens because of lifestyle or any weak excuse.It did it for me when Sir B tried to steal the show as always only to enjoy free publicity from the Hudson Hero-whose actions represent those of all airline pilots.Anyone would have done the same job,its no frekin mirracle,as the media put it.Add insult to injury,Sir B offering him double the going rate whilst the rest don't even get loss of licence amongst other things, but it beats flying GA you say sold souls?

The AFAP/VIPA have failed all of us professionals, so call your fees in,as that's how much the real world thinks/knows of our profession- it was a chance, not training,competence,diligence that all airline level pilots have and have it checked every 6 months. I refuse to take part in any fly for profit only for the benefit of the ''more equal than others'' philosophy that runs in the Branson empire. As for SQ buying the show hmm why does SQ want to sell up from the VS?They had their toes burned once by the egalitarian white beard.
For those in the hold pool I wish you the best of the rockstar treatment can offer.

Massey1Bravo
8th Feb 2009, 00:42
-No IFE. (crew disable the screens/control through the Panasonic system)

What's the point of turning off the IFE when it's already installed and working? The IDG is still turning at the same speed.

DJCCGuy
8th Feb 2009, 01:00
No IFE. (crew disable the screens/control through the Panasonic system)

Incorrect. All pax, in all classes, including any rumoured classes not yet confirmed, will have access to IFE.

kiwi engineer12
8th Feb 2009, 02:03
Incorrect. All pax, in all classes, including any rumoured classes not yet confirmed, will have access to IFE.

Yea, sorry, I got that a bit wrong, I heard the IFE will be like the food/bev's, purchase it as an extra service when booking.

greenslopes
8th Feb 2009, 03:39
ABC1, not quite.............only two Captains and one F/O have left VB for V Oz. Also the union was unable to do anything as was a greenfields agreement and they were not invited to represent any pilots choosing to work there. A union can only ever be as strong as the membership!

Or So the YBTL re-fueller reckons

porch monkey
8th Feb 2009, 04:09
ABC 1, Greenslopes is right. 3 total, and the management still don't get it. I'll have some of what you're smoking tho......

Grogbog
8th Feb 2009, 04:59
And the 40% load factors they are looking at to date might suggest some very cheap seats to the US coming soon.

Virgin Blue quashes talk of capital raising (http://business.smh.com.au/business/virgin-blue-quashes-talk-of-capital-raising-20090206-8024.html)

THE ORACLE
8th Feb 2009, 09:38
Projected 40 percent load factors for a brand new 777 in a declining and ultra competitive Trans Pacific market against long standing competing legacy carriers???

I'm pleased that BG has finally been honest about V AUS, but really, this means it is the end for V AUS even before the first flight!!!!

Do or die competition in the current climate will ensure the load factors (not to mention the yield) will ever exceed the projected number BG has publicised.

maui
8th Feb 2009, 09:42
All hail The Oracle. The font of all knowledge and wisdom.

PBN
8th Feb 2009, 11:25
Never read so much negative dribble. Get a life. :ugh:

KABOY
8th Feb 2009, 11:54
A capital raising would decimate the VBA share price, that is the last thing any public company would do in this current economic environment. They will instead burn their cash reserves in the hope a turnaround is on the horizon. They can't afford to back down now as it will detrimentally impact their domestic operations image from a public relations view.

They will run it a while and try to lure a buyer, typical Branson style. This operation is a very visible billboard for the Virgin Group, especially in the USA.

Arctaurus
8th Feb 2009, 20:12
Never read so much negative dribble.

Maybe negative, but a lot of these posts are probably dancing fairly close to the truth.

If one assumes that Virgin Blue Holdings is in compliance with ASX reporting requirements, then a deteriorating cash position must reach the market place. This applies to any public company.

That's the point at which it could get fairly serious from a day to day trading position. Creditors, particularly fuel companies, will be right on top of any adverse change in VB's cash reserves.

Branson's comments the other day are interesting, but would he put good money after bad into this? Who knows. :confused:

Cursed
8th Feb 2009, 20:41
Spoke to Sir Richard yesterday and he asked me to pass this on to some of you more opinionated armchair experts:

"Kiss my hairy grey arse you bunch of navel gazing planespotters".

Tidbinbilla
8th Feb 2009, 22:25
And on that note: *click*:D

TID