PDA

View Full Version : I Love Dick Smith (not in a swappin' spit way)

En-Rooter
21st May 2008, 12:43
It is with a massive red face that I resurrect the en-rooter handle, but I just had to express my gratitude to Dick in reference to his ATC's are underpaid comments.

It's time to reflect on Dicks massive contributions to aviation.................

Thanks Dick, if I get at least 2% more than CPI in the first year of the next EBA I will donate to your favourite charity $500.00 (genuine offer).

Any other ATC's willing to match?

Jabawocky
21st May 2008, 23:00
And what about the low level ADSB.......any chance he can turn that around?

Talking to a famous.....well infamous:E ATC'er last night and he was on the rant also about why the heck this has not been done. Shortly due no other option the radar heads will need to be replaced, and the justification for moving to a better system with more coverage for regional RPT will be lost for another 25 years.:ugh:

Sorry for the thread drift.....but one win could lead to another!

J:ok:

En-Rooter
22nd May 2008, 03:34
Dick'll fix it, best thing that happened to aviation ever:ok:

Skystar320
22nd May 2008, 03:39
how do you fix it dick?

Lasiorhinus
22nd May 2008, 05:16
Duct tape.

Skystar320
22nd May 2008, 05:39
ouch. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

En-Rooter
22nd May 2008, 10:53
Any other ATC's willing to match?

Tight as fishes a-holes eh? Thought so:D

Dick guarantees us a pay rise and you can't spread the wealth? At least Dick does:D

turnleft
22nd May 2008, 13:17
I'll match you, even though the outcome doesn't affect me for another 20 months or so, while I enjoy the english summer.

Roger Standby
22nd May 2008, 13:39
Not that we're tightarses, just that we're disappointed you didn't leave that handle retired where it should be. Piss off back to your abyss you antagonist.:= Let's see how long you stay out of retirement. Bet you can't help yourself.

Skystar320
22nd May 2008, 23:33
Dick guarantees us a pay rise and you can't spread the wealth? At least Dick does

Hang on, my dick already spreads the love as probably everyone here on this forum except a few people [********e]

Is that what you mean?

Plazbot
23rd May 2008, 00:12
Let us keep in mind how Dick operates. If you read the rest of the article, you clearly see that he is using the example not for ATC benefit (but may be a by product) but for his own agenda of having Avalon Tower staffed.

Don't fall into the trap of 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend':=

Scurvy.D.Dog
23rd May 2008, 07:36
:ok:
El Presidente Smif .... not while I'm upright and breathing!!! :=
:E

En-Rooter
23rd May 2008, 07:40
Not that we're tightarses

Truth hurts eh Rog:D Serious offer here, hell, even if the conditions aren't met I'll probably donate if he nominates a charity:ok:

just that we're disappointed you didn't leave that handle retired where it should be

Maybe it's just you disappointed? I know who you are Rog and I know you haven't exactly been towin' the union line mate, I won't tell anybody:=

Piss off back to your abyss you antagonist

Antagonist I am mate, been around this scene a bit longer than you buddy and seen the hipocrisy, your rose coloured glasses wont let you see what will happen during EBA,

I TOLD YOU SO (Just gettin' in early mate;))

Let's see how long you stay out of retirement. Bet you can't help yourself.

Out of retirement for this thread only tightwad, show me the money?? What's your favourite charity big boy? (just in case Dick doesn't nominate)

:E

I'll match you

Are you serious mate? I'd like to get a bit of moolah donated. PM me if you are.

En-Rooter
23rd May 2008, 11:09
Welcome back Scurv:ok:

Thanks lefty:ok:

C'mon Dick, get into those offices in cantberra and do some lobbying for us poor ATC folk:ok: There's now a gorilla on this.

320, keep spreadin the lurv, the world needs more pilots I hear?

Roger Standby
23rd May 2008, 15:20
Rooter,

If we get 2% above CPI as you suggest, I'll donate $1k to charity of my choice (prob RFDS). You know who I am because I made myself known to you. Pity the courtesy hasn't gone the other way.

Done one AD in three months (from memory), probably longer, and No AD/COS since commencement of negotiations and been pretty vocal to those around me about it.

Come and see me, I'll put the cheque in your hands! :ok:

SM4 Pirate
23rd May 2008, 22:57
I'm not prepared to believe that anything Dick says will contribute to our payrise. CPI+2%, bah humbug! They know they need to anti up more than that.

Ultimately it will be about your ability to stand a picket line or at least your intention to do so.

Whilst Dick can tinker at the edges (in the media), he knows without more ATCs there is no airspace reform cause his model needs more; even if he won't admit that publicly.

What is Dick's agenda, well only Dick will know that? But it's got little to do with getting ATCs a payrise. I suspect 'heaping it' on the current CEO has more to do with it than help us poor ATCs; apparently its not the greatest relationship.

As for charities, I contribute consistently to charities with the money I can spare from time to time, throughout the year. I'm not prepared to "lump sum" something which in essence has no meaning. This doesn't mean I'm a tight arse, it means I don't want to play your little game.

I'm sure Dick is well aware that the "Evil Empire" is taking some $7M more (about 11% more) per month in revenue than they did last year, which makes their scheduled profit to be as good as a bank on asset ratio. Watch the capital expenditure "brought forward" to offset (hide) the massive profits.

It's outrageous to then claim inability to pay; in line with the governments 'enterprise framework'; one would have thought that was demonstrated productivity in line with that document.

max1
23rd May 2008, 23:13
I'm with the pirate, I donate what I can now, to what I believe will do the greatest good. I also don't want to play your little game. I also have a moral radar that doesn't see Dick as the 'Messiah' rather more as a 'very naughty boy'.
In the wash up it is the ATC's committment to a 'bloody good payrise' as basically promised by TFN than anything Dick could achieve.

En-Rooter
25th May 2008, 12:33
You know who I am because I made myself known to you. Pity the courtesy hasn't gone the other way.

I owe you nothin' on this front Big-boy. The very reason I remain anonymous is because I've been burnt too many times by a minority of back stabbing turds I work with.

I'll donate $1k to charity of my choice (prob RFDS).

Well done champ, this is what I'm aiming for, I kind of know Dick wont reply nominating a charity. I've got one in mind and truth be told I'm donating anyway. I'll hold you to the gorilla and if you do, I'll donate a gorilla as well.

I've got one pledge so far and between us all we're donating 2 and a half gorillas so far.:D

They know they need to anti up more than that.

Your ball-less colleagues wont force them to anti-up more than that I'm afraid.

Ultimately it will be about your ability to stand a picket line or at least your intention to do so.

I've actually lost a job in the past from standing a picket line. Your pretty boy colleagues will not stand a picket line mate. You will find their inflated opinions of themselves will not allow it.

As for charities, I contribute consistently to charities with the money I can spare from time to time, throughout the year. I'm not prepared to "lump sum" something which in essence has no meaning.

Has no meaning? Does to me, if I get 10 ATC's to donate 5ung, that's 5 grand. Meanwhile, keep donating 10 bucks to the salvos when they knock on your door once a year and feel really good about yourself mate:ok:

I'm with the pirate, I donate what I can now, to what I believe will do the greatest good. I also don't want to play your little game.

Don't play, got two pledges and two little boys who don't want to play, big fcukin' deal mate.

I also have a moral radar that doesn't see Dick as the 'Messiah' rather more as a 'very naughty boy'.

You've got a moral radar? Sh!t eh, I'd like to meet you, my hero! I'll back Dick's promotion in the media gettin' us a payrise before any of your hero mates standing a picket line:yuk: The last EBA proved how many people you can count on to stand a picket line.

Roger Standby
26th May 2008, 03:10
Rooter,

I'm a bit lost? You seem to hate all ATC's, yet you are one. I am the first to admit that most are soft, but 1/3 did vote "no" last time so give them a bit of credit. This is my 4th EBA. I have no illusions about what to expect.

My $1k offer has nothing to do with Dick's involvement, but rather my lack of optimism in ATC's making enough noise (in fact I'll double my offer if we get what's in the Vision Document). Surely you don't think that Dick won't want his pound of flesh in return?

Are you a member of the union? Will you stand the line if required come 21/12?

Howabout
26th May 2008, 08:16
From a purely personal perspective and as an outside observer, does En-Rooter have a lot of cred? Them's some of the wierdest posts I've seen on this forum.

En-Rooter
26th May 2008, 11:31
does En-Rooter have a lot of cred?

My credibility is where my mouth is. I've been in ATC going on 18 years now and I'm disgusted with the way new joiners have been sold out. It took me three and a half years to get to top of FPC. It now takes a new joiner 13?

Trust me mate, you've got a majority of ATC's up front saying they voted no to the last EBA, but amazingly they all seem to get voted up??

Nothing will change within the ATC ranks and my weird posts are aimed at the greedy who look after themselves, if you are going to continue to sell out your colleagues how about sharing some of the coin. I happened to have come across a charity that really got to me (I know Dick wont respond and like I said in a previous post I'm donating anyway), I'm going way out of my comfort zone to donate more than I can afford here.

I've had a couple of people contact me about donating, and they are people that call a spade a spade. They are not your typical ATC. Well done.

Rog, I'll double to 2 gorillas if the vision statement is obtained.

Yes, I am a member of the union, and I'll be the first out the door if required. It wont happen though, the recession in the US, inflation etc will be the tool ASA use this time to scare people into submitting, and they will.

I don't hate ATC's what I do hate is people that hide behind secret ballots and votes and by your reckoning 2/3 hid, because the majority of people I speak to say they voted no. It don't add up?

Roger Standby
26th May 2008, 15:21
Fair cop. Hard to argue anything in that post.

Unfortunately, I think the numbers appear out of balance because those that are passionate enough about the inequity will say so, and the greedy cowards won't say anything. I also don't deny that there are a few who are so cowardly as to lie about there votes.:ugh:

max1
27th May 2008, 02:43
En-Rooter
Yes I do have a moral compass, and I actually spoke up against selling out new hires during EBA meetings in the mid 90s. What did you do?
You are right, it is astonishing how many people say they voted no. Do you speak to people or talk at them? I would agree with you just to make you go away.
From what you say about length of service, it sounds like you were hired as a Fido and got put through an ATC course.
Grow up a bit, you want to go down a path of showing how big you are by daring other people into doing what you are doing, and then giving those who disagree a spray for not playing your game.
Dick usually has his own motives for what he does, if these then diverge from what ATC is trying to achieve where does that leave us.
Your pharmacist can make up a weekly blister pack so that you don't get confused about what tablets you take on which days. Hopefully this can control your outbursts.
I feel sorry for En-, whoever or whatever that may be.

En-Rooter
27th May 2008, 08:20
Just what do you think I did? I have made it quite clear what I thought should have happened both at union meetings and the "philosophical" chats we have amongst each other.

Unionists who have a moral compass have taken on the previous government and employers, perhaps risking their financial security and jobs to correct injustices.

We as a group haven't.

Not trying to show how big I am, just met a bunch of people who had nothing and I was embarassed at the way we as a group whinge and complain about our employer but do nothing.

The reason I brought Dick Smith into this is he has more of a chance of securing a 'real' payrise for ATC's than ATC's as a group, it was tongue in cheek. You don't think I'm aware of his motives? For fukcs sake:ugh:

I hope I'm not exposing Roger's identity but he was involved in a fundraiser recently that made me embarrased to be associated with some of you, you should of heard some of the excuses some made for not donating a modest sum. Alot of people didn't hesitate, champions:D

My posts started out tongue in cheek, obviously my sense of humour is mis-understood (and a little warped, I guess) as Rog pointed out I am an antagonist, it obviously rubs youse up the wrong way!