PDA

View Full Version : Music in the air, Middle Wallop, July 26

Genghis the Engineer
21st May 2008, 07:57
I don't know if anybody else here has been to Music in the Air in previous years - I was looking up yesterday considering a family outing when I realised that they'd changed the format substantially. Specifically:

- You can now fly in and out (land before 1200, take-off after 1640)
- Tickets are cheaper for arrivals by air than by land
- It does seem to have a lot more for the family than previously (although possibly less purist for the music lover!)

Details at http://www.wallop08.com/

Just thought I'd mention it, but I may see some of you there!

G

Sam Rutherford
21st May 2008, 18:55
Hm

I'm ex AAC and have never done one! :sad:

I might just try and do it this year...

Sam.

LysanderV8
22nd May 2008, 05:51
A friend has been in the past and recommends it. It looks good to me, and it's already in my diary.

Lysander

Malcom
22nd May 2008, 14:24
I think it has been spoilt by moving from an evening do to a daytime one - lost a vital part of its character.

Watching the flying in the evening and into the darkness made it really memorable, ( and so did getting out orf the traffic jam well past midnight!), now its just another show.

Malcom

XX621
22nd May 2008, 15:09
I think it has been spoilt by moving from an evening do to a daytime one - lost a vital part of its character.
Malcom

I agree. I've been twice, and apart from the slightly annoying contigents who bring half of their kitchen with them for a picnic:confused:, they are (were) superb events. The balloons firing their burners in synch to music after dark was just amazing...not to mention the (I think it was) Sukhoi dogfights to the Star Wars theme.

Flying in and out....yes that's a good idea....but again the evening show angle worked really well - and you could drink of course too.

Why did they change the format? It worked really well IMHO. Now the only have one thing over a standard airshow - the live music.

Malcom
22nd May 2008, 19:25
? Utterly Butterlies flying to the Monty Python theme - marvelous!