PDA

View Full Version : GFs Phantom 321s

Mephistopheles
20th May 2008, 10:21
So where are the promised 321s??? Summer is fast approaching & still nothing. Some crews were rostered 321 blocks but that has now been changed. Looks like another f*** up by the people upstairs. Lots of rumors regarding the state of the 321s form RJ-i.e. the are in such bad shape. But I suppose thats what you get when you are trying to do deals on the cheap. Looks like its gonna be a very interesting summer:bored::bored::bored:

Sal-e
20th May 2008, 11:05
Less aircraft mean less work. Isn't that a good thing? Sorry, I'm a glass half full type.
If there's more aircraft, then great! More work more money.
Why worry about things totally out of your control?

Che Guevara
20th May 2008, 17:42
Lots of rumors regarding the state of the 321s form RJ-i.e. the are in such bad shape
Well, going on the condition of the other two of RJ's finest, I wouldnt hold your breath on these babies. :{
Wonder if they come with the speed tape included...?

Chao

Chuck Y
20th May 2008, 17:58
I reckon we should bring back the Tristar, at least they'll be in better shape than the s--- that Naf & co are trying to get hold of!!!

brassplate
21st May 2008, 16:18
what pains me the most is that low cost carriers like arabia and kingfisher have far better equipment than gf and are continuing to add new hardware to their fleet while gf continues to rummage around for used crap of the same quality as their present fleet.

stefan1138
21st May 2008, 17:56
So, are these two birds already painted and waiting somewhere on their acceptance by GF?

brassplate
21st May 2008, 22:10
a few weeks from now.

REACH-69
22nd May 2008, 21:06
Good news , upgrades on the way......more money........more captains.......4 upgrades a month:ok: but where are the aircrafts ? I guess they are preparing them for the 78s:zzz:

Panama Jack
23rd May 2008, 04:10
This certainly is an encouraging trend, including that the Company is planning ahead to avoid last-moment panic-status, with a reversion to the DEC-mode. Things are happening here to be optimistic about. :D :ok:

Heleheleyani
23rd May 2008, 11:32
There'll be a pilots meeting on the 27th, I can guess couple of the subjects to be discussed one is the upgrades and the other one is the expansion strategy does anyone know anything specific? shall we expect any announcements?

MMS
24th May 2008, 16:53
Hello fellow pilots,

Are there any plans for GF F/O recruitment? Does anyone know of 767 recruitment or the likes of?

Thanks in advance.

Che Guevara
24th May 2008, 16:57
Hi MMS,

Gulf Air has retired all their 767s, so I guess they won't be hireing on that fleet...
Rumour of another large aircraft order sooner than later, so watch this space.

Chao

Chuck Y
24th May 2008, 16:58
mms, the 767s are very shortly being retired but I am sure they will be hiring for the 320. Especially with all the planned upgrades there should be plenty of fo positions.

MMS
24th May 2008, 16:59
Thanks for the info C G.

Good luck to GF...the best livery out there.

MMS
24th May 2008, 17:02
On the matter of upgrades, I have heard that F/O's who join GF have to wait very long for the upgrade and that Gulf Nationals are prioritsed even if their experience is not commensurate with age or even if they lack experience in comparison to non Gulf nationals? Anyone shed some light on that?

Also, what is the current time to command?

ironbutt57
24th May 2008, 17:07
Upgrades are now by seniority, which is based on your date of your line check and therefore becoming a productive flt deck crewmember...i THINK the upgrades are in the 7yr range at this point in time...not sure how many senior f.o.'s they have that meet the aeronautical experience requirement but enough i suspect for the time being..

MMS
24th May 2008, 17:09
Thats very positive to hear, seniority is the most fair system in MY opinion. Thanks for the insight!

Sal-e
24th May 2008, 18:16
I think it will be brought forward to around 2-3 years based on the lack of aeronautical experience of a lot of First Officers who were on the cadetship program, and based on new orders on the cards.

Capt Hair Y Balls
25th May 2008, 09:21
Did you lot actually buy the "spiel" about the 787? Ha ha, don't hold your breath boys, you'll be lucky to even see a model of the 787 sitting on the desk of a manager (see Boeing freebee).

It's all empty promises to calm the troops down, damage control. I recon we may see a few second hand rust buckets which some decent airline sold for scrap getting a new paint job in the GF livery.

Sal-e
25th May 2008, 18:41
I hope that is nowhere near the truth because delays due tech only cause the travelling public to switch loyalties to a more reliable airline (as was my case, over an hour delay recently because of a 'small' issue).