PDA

View Full Version : Mile High episode at Chittingfold

18greens
19th May 2008, 20:12
Having just enjoyed the latest episode of this fine documentary I never knew that DC3s are single crew and the cockpit is accessed by a B&Q ladder.

Anyway does anyone know where Chittingfold is?

Whirlygig
19th May 2008, 20:34
I thought it was Chillingfold but either way, the programme said it was in Kent. I suspect it was fictitious!!! Like the rest of it!!!

Cheers

Whirls

18greens
19th May 2008, 21:17
It didn't look ficticious. All them planes, runways and flying things was more than just a mockup in a film lot. And did you see all of the rubbish piled up in that 'flying school' - you can't fake that. Plus the fact the instructors sit on the left at chittingden and debrief with the canopy open and the engine doing 2000 rpm -its real.

Whirlygig
19th May 2008, 21:56
Well, in that case, they could have used nearly airfield in the UK - doesn't really narrow it down if you wish to know which airfield they used as the set.

However, here's a question - did they really respray a fleet of planes with the the turquoise "fresh" logo? No expense spared eh???

Cheers

Whirls

ifonly
20th May 2008, 11:42
Haven't seen the episode recently , but if the 'flying club' were using a red/white/blue FLS Sprint, and the guy was flying a camo DC-3 then it was done at Dunsfold.

S-Works
20th May 2008, 11:43
Mile High? Is this some sort of airborne shagging society that I have missed out on?

DeeCee
20th May 2008, 11:53
It's about sheep shagging. See www.ewetube.com.

18greens
20th May 2008, 12:30
If-only - Yes that was the exact fleet being used. I didn't know Dunsfold was open again. Good news. Is that a flying school or were they private ac masquerading as a flying school?

Bose -x you've summed it up rather well.(But its on telly so you can't join in)

S-Works
20th May 2008, 12:53
Ah right, crowd control TV for the chavtastic masses.
:p

Foxy Loxy
20th May 2008, 16:24
There's a Chiddingfold in Surrey, not too far away from Dunsfold...

Foxy

Noah Zark.
20th May 2008, 19:39
18 Greens
I didn't know Dunsfold was open
It might not be. The present showing of (excellent) Mile High is on its second or third re-run, originally being first shown two or three years ago.

ifonly
21st May 2008, 15:27
AFAIK Dunsfold is open, albeit with some restrictions. A 'Google' on 'Dunsfold Park' might shed a bit more light. The aircraft used in 'Mile High' were privately owned and just used with a mock up flying club.