PDA

View Full Version : A great Sunday - my first solo

Rishy
19th May 2008, 07:37
All,

Yesterday saw my first solo!!!! Despite not having done my air law exam my instructor at Northumbria Flying School sent me up. Light winds right down the runway with great visibility meant conditions were perfect. I was held in orbit for about 10 mins which was a bit nerve racking, the whole circuit took 15 mins.

On landing my instructor then made me do my air law - which I passed! What a great afternoon.

What a totally fantastic experience. It only sunk in about two hours later.

I want to go up again, again, AGAIN!!!

:)

Mikehotel152
19th May 2008, 07:57
:ok::) Well done.

FantomZorbin
19th May 2008, 08:12
Well done Rishy.

Isn't the empty seat a wonderful sight:ok:

Winco
19th May 2008, 08:12
Well done! and welcome to the 'club'

Not too sure you should be broadcasting the fact that you bust the law by not having passed your Air Law exam first though!!! I should keep quiet about that, or better still, delete your post!!

Nevertheless, well done, sounds like a helluva day!

Redbird72
19th May 2008, 08:36
Congratulations - the grin won't wear off for days :ok:

Put1992
19th May 2008, 08:55
Congratulations on the solo and the air law!

It's all fun from here :ok:

madgav
19th May 2008, 09:27
Is the 'air law before first solo' thing not a club requirement rather than a legal one? Although most clubs seems to require it.

Anyway, congrats on first solo and on passing the exam :ok:
Hope you don't have to wait as long as me to do it again though, first solo was 25/10/07, due mainly to weather but also other frustrations, I am *still* waiting for 2nd solo :*

And yes, the empty seat is a fantastic sight :) ah I remember it well...... :rolleyes:
G.
www.madgav.org (http://www.madgav.org)

dj Mcrae
19th May 2008, 09:35
Well Done RISHY! I did mine a few weeks ago and ironically i had to do an orbit as well...

I got nervy after being told to orbit and called the tower " XXX on first solo Circuit" and they promptly replied with "XXX looks like you might have to complete your first solo orbit then" Cheeky buggers!

In the words of my instructor you only get to ever do your 1st solo once so enjoy it!

Well Done again :ok:

Mariner9
19th May 2008, 10:02
Well done Rishy :) I recall my 1st solo was the 1st time I felt like a "real" pilot :ok:

As others have said, no law broken by not having Air Law - a solo is at your Instructor's discretion.

stoneyrosetreered
19th May 2008, 11:24
Well Done, amazing feeling isnt is!

Rishy
19th May 2008, 12:28
Thanks All,

Yes, a great feeling. My instructor's a little on the 'large' side so there was a big space where he normally sits. I seem to remember I passed through 500ft a lot quicker as well....;)

Great times :ok:

Rish