PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

CaptainTC
17th May 2008, 21:21
Hi i was wondering if someone can give me some advice? I have been looking at Orlando Flight Training, at their JAA Private Private Course they offer.

I understand everything listed except at the very bottom of the page where it says this:

JAA Private Pilot Training Eligibility Requirements:
1. Be able to speak and understand the English language.
2. Hold a current U.K. JAA class 2 medical certificates.
3. Pass the U.K. JAA PPL written examinations with a score of 75% or more.
4. Pass a radiotelephony practical test.
5. Complete a qualifying a 150 NM cross country flight.
6. Pass a U.K. JAA skill test.

Does that mean that i would have had to fly in the UK before i can apply for this course?
Can somebody explain this to me?

Scottishflyer182
17th May 2008, 21:48
Hi,
These are all the requirements for your course. All of these can be done in Orlando.

So you don't have to do any flying in the UK first. You will need to give yourself at least 6 weeks to do this course, As there is a lot to do.

You might find it worth while doing a few hours in the UK to give you some idea of what to expect when you go over to the USA.

You may have to get your medical before going out.

Good luck

Colin

BackPacker
17th May 2008, 22:44
You may have to get your medical before going out.

Technically you may possibly be able to get your JAA medical in the US. But if you don't qualify for a medical, the whole endeavour is a waste of time and money. So before you commit ANY funds in this undertaking, make sure you qualify for a JAA class II medical - by getting one.

Also you have seen this thread, haven't you: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278995

CaptainTC
18th May 2008, 22:16
Ahh ok thanks for the advice, now i understand :)