PDA

View Full Version : Flying US citizen in private plane to Europe

Sam Rutherford
17th May 2008, 10:58
I'm not sure if anyone on here will know but...

If I enter the US (British passport) on a commercial flight, I can enter on the visa waiver scheme. If I enter on a private aeroplane (for example, from the Bahamas) I require a visa.

Does Europe have similar regulations for US citizens? My fly-buddy for Florida-Belgium is a US passport holder, he does not have a Schengen visa...

Thanks for any help!

Sam.

411A
17th May 2008, 11:30
Visa not required for a US citizen entering Europe by either private or public conveyance (aeroplane).
However, to be listed on the general declaration (or attached manifest) is most definitely required.

ab33t
17th May 2008, 11:45
You will also need to complete a customs form and submit 24hrs prior to arrival in country of first landing and any subsequet countries.

Sam Rutherford
17th May 2008, 20:34
"You will also need to complete a customs form and submit 24hrs prior to arrival in country of first landing and any subsequet countries. "

Hm - first I have heard of this? Prior flight plan requirement is obvious enough, but for the rest? Aircraft is N registered (and staying on N register).

I know about Canada (CANPASS), but Greenland, Iceland, Faeroes, Norway, Denmark etc.?

Thanks, Sam.