PDA

View Full Version : LightSpeed Mach 1 headset or similar?

Rod1
16th May 2008, 17:20
I have owned a Bose X for many years and am very happy with it. I have a selection of DC clones, which I have used for passengers, which are now getting a bit tiered. I am considering using the Bose for my passenger (now fly a 2 seater Rotax powered machine), and getting a LightSpeed Mach 1, which appears to completely rewrite the rules on headsets.

Is there anyone out there who has used a Bose and a LightSpeed (or similar) who could comment? I can get the LightSpeed on sale or return, but I thought I would ask first to save messing about.:ok:

Rod1

jxc
16th May 2008, 21:14
The lightspeed look good and would like to know how well they work. What is the best price you have found them ?

Cheers

India Four Two
17th May 2008, 07:53
I bought a Lightspeed ANR headset (I cannot remember which model) about five years ago to use while glider towing. I couldn't justify the price of the Bose X. I have been very happy with the Lightspeed. I borrowed a demo model for a couple of weeks, before committing to a purchase. On my first tow with it, I had to turn off the ANR briefly to make sure the engine was still making the right noises!

I have also found it very comfortable, much, much better than a DC, which never fits me well because of my large head!