PDA

View Full Version : Help needed. Farm strips near Dorchester.

junglie-driver
15th May 2008, 20:14
Good evening all. Wondering if anyone could guide me in right the direction. I'm trying to find a farm strip to the east of Dorchester (near to Puddletown). A recent google search identified a possiblity:

BAGBER FARM.Between Milton Abbas and Milbourne St Andrew.Grid Ref SY811997..50.47.47N/02.15.56W.There is a private Strip here with a grass runway approx NNE-SSW(04/22)540M.(info thanks to Shaun Churchill)NB:Previously listed as DEVERALL FARM.
There appears to be a hangar at the north end of the strip.

Is there any good online sites where I could continue my search. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

JD

Humaround
15th May 2008, 20:59
Bagber Farm does indeed have a hangar, and it has PPR in very large letters on the roof - never followed it up but I rather think this may mean the owner doesn't welcome visitors.

Which is a pity because I have a lot of family in and around Dorchester.

Compton Abbas is not all that much further away though, and they LOVE visitors...

:)

junglie-driver
15th May 2008, 21:53
Humaround,

Many thanks. I'll keep investigating the Bagber Farm strip. Thumbs up for Compton. Awesome field and you can have a quick peek into madonna's pad (before she sells it). Thanks again. JD