PDA

View Full Version : VFR FPL addressing?

TotalBeginner
14th May 2008, 15:14
Now that my user ID is up and running for the new AFPEx site, I was thinking of using it for my next trip to LFAT.

But, I have a few questions about addressing the FPL. The system automatically fills in the Dept and ARR addresses, but that's it. I've had a look in CAP550 which states:

In addition to addressing a VFR Flight Plan to the destination aerodrome (see also
paragraph 3 below), it must also be addressed to:
EGZYVFRP — VFR flights entering or remaining within Scottish FIR;
EGZYVFRT — VFR flights entering or remaining within London FIR.
2.2 For VFR flights departing UK FIRs, use the appropriate destination collective, not
VFRP/VFRT.

Uhh? This seems like bit of a contradicition. Is EGZYVFRT not necessary, because the flight is not "remaining in the FIR"?

France has the following info...

VFR address: EGZYVFRF

All VFR routes to destinations other than
LFAT, use ZPZX & ZTZX. If flight enters
LFRR FIR add EGJJZFZX and LFRRZFZX.
If flight enters LFMM FIR add
LFMMZFZX.
All routes to LFAT add LFATZPZX.

Why does the VFR address start EG?

heinke
14th May 2008, 22:31
Apparently, if you hover over the next address box after the dest address and right click, you will have a menu of VFR names to choose from. Just do that for all the countries you are flying through and to, not forgetting the UK and the system will put the addresses in for you.

Best of luck

jabberwok
15th May 2008, 05:16
EGZY is used for collective addressees - see the end of CAP550 for the decodes. In the case of EGZYVFRF it gets distributed as follows:

EGZYVFRF - LFFF VFR
EGTTYTYR EGTTZFZX LFFFZFZX LFFZRZX LFQQZPZX

That's why you don't add EGZYVFRT.

TotalBeginner
15th May 2008, 14:27
Ah, ok that makes sense now!

What about filing for the return (FR-UK)

Would you add both EGZYVFRT & EGZYVFRF

heinke
15th May 2008, 18:16
Yes, but you don't need to remember the addresses. Just click on France on the VFR menu then go back and click on UK - London FIR.

We got a message earlier today in our mailboxes. The guy in the helpdesk was pretty good in explaining it.

Best of luck