PDA

View Full Version : renting planes around Europe

Z10
14th May 2008, 00:59
I just got my PPL-A this week, and I'm based far north in Norway. I would like to rent a plane in the UK for instance (or somewhere else in Europe), and fly around there.
Does anyone know any good sources to find schools/clubs/companies that you can rent planes from, not only in the UK but in other parts of Europe too?

Have also been thinking of doing the same thing on a vacation in Australia, and have gathered some info regarding temporary licence for flying in Australia and so on, info about other countries would be very appreciated. (It's not always easy to find your way around foreign government issues...)

LH2
14th May 2008, 18:27
Does anyone know any good sources

Local knowledge. Next time you go on holiday somewhere, visit all the airfields in the vicinity and see what you find, or ask people who live in the specific area you are interested in. I can provide some info for southern Europe if you wish.

And your question leads me to this: How does it work if I want to hire a plane for anything between 5 and 15 hours in Bodø? What is available (SEP/MEP, VFR/IFR)? Indicative prices?