PDA

View Full Version : Starting CPL monday

gd123
13th May 2008, 10:17
Hi everyone, im starting my CPL on monday at JD aviation and cant wait. I really dont know what to expect so any advice would be great. Also, are there any books I could read to give me a head start

fitlike
13th May 2008, 10:47
Hi
There are a few cpl diaries on the web

http://www.wbryce.co.uk/Other/diaries/cpl/cpldiary.htm

is one, seem to remember reading a few others in the past, just google it and they'll give you all the info you need.

fitlike

Arfur Feck-Sake
13th May 2008, 11:54
Every evening, sit down and review what you've done that day. If there's something you don't understand, get out the notes/books and read up on it, or put it on a list of questions to ask before the next lesson.

As a general comment, don't expect to be spoonfed. Commercial training is very different from the PPL. From now on, right through to your first type rating and beyond, a lot of self-study and self-discipline will be required. Along the way, there are lots of things you will be expected to have done/studied without being told to by an Instructor.

Before Monday, if you're unfamiliar with the airfield you'l be flying at, reviewing the aerodrome plates, frequencies, procedures, local airspace, etc. would be a good start.