PDA

View Full Version : Dubai holding Orsar

Gulfstreamaviator
12th May 2008, 05:23
Last night there was a lot of Orsar holds.

The instruction was hold ORSAR, standard hold Left Hand.

The standard hold is Right Hand.

My main question why holding last night.

And who was the professional who told atc...do you know who I am...........Classic.

trailblazer
12th May 2008, 06:13
As far as I know there is rarely holding at ORSAR, DESDI is the normal hold for Dubai, and it is published as a left hand pattern.
The reason for holding last night was probably the same reason there is holding every single night, namely that Emirates thinks
it is a great idea to have all their aircraft arrive and leave at the same time:ugh:

Gulfstreamaviator
12th May 2008, 06:44
Is this the start of the Dubai slots....................

Rule3
12th May 2008, 21:32
Had to laugh at this post. Sentences 1,2 and 3 are all incorrect. Sentence 4, where have you been flying for the last few years? Obviously, GN doesn't fly at night very often.:rolleyes: The UAE hold traffic at Desdi every night :ugh:and the reason the left hand pattern was stipulated, was because some aircraft were above FL260 at the time the holding instructions were issued, and others get the direction of turn wrong.:ugh::{:{:= It is called guarding your :mad:arse. As an aside, it wasn't all that busy on the Western side as there was no holding at Desdi above FL260, however the Boys on East certainly earned their money. Slots is what we need and have been pleading for.:ugh::ugh:

Scooby Don't
13th May 2008, 00:15
In defense of Gulfstreamaviator, he mentioned in a PM that he meant DESDI, not ORSAR. I would regard him as a friend of ATC and thus not to be publicly dragged over the coals for getting a reporting point wrong.
Beyond that, proper flow control is certainly a good idea.

VoxPopuli
13th May 2008, 05:19
Is this the start of the Dubai slots

proper flow control is certainly a good idea

You are using the tongue of Satan. Seventy times seven years in purgatory yee Beelzebubs. Retract this blasphemy and return to the path of chaotic righteousness.

Then again, doesn't cost me a penny watching the planes in the hold go round and round, round and round, round and round.