PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways OTP

flyer_18-737
11th May 2008, 23:48
Well they managed to get 80% for May, In their first ever recorded Australian Network. Rather pathetic as they have:
-45min cutoff
-Not as much baggage (onyl 15kg average)
-So close to the Runways (less taxi)

Also, Tiger have upted the ante on their credit card surcharge to per person, per sector

Skystar320
11th May 2008, 23:53
Oh dear - someone has got personal problems!!!

Like all ‘new’ airlines they have teething problems

As you are well aware that they only have 4 aircraft [or is it five?] and when one goes tech it has a flow on effect to everything else and being a budget airline there up in the air for 10+ hours at a time during the day

You only had to look at when a QF 744 went tech recently in India it had a flow on effect to the rest of the 744 network as QF had no spare capacity!

flyer_18-737
12th May 2008, 01:20
As I work for Tiger(Aero-care actually, and yes they hire 18yearolds) We put in a lot of hard work to get this damn airline off the ground and ontime. When people call up sick, they are not usually replaced, which just puts heaps and heaps of strain on us. Another thing is that the Check-In people need to make sure they put the right tags on the rights f***** bags, cause you would be suprised on how many bags go to ADL instead of OOL. Anyway, I am hoping to see this figure aboce at least 90% in May. This airline can really suceed, it just needs crew that dont slack off.

Apparently PER crew are the worst, but OOL crew are the best

wateroff
12th May 2008, 02:16
Jeeeeeeeeeez,

reminds me of Me, Myself and Irene,

no it doesnt, yes it does, nyuk nyuk, a wiseguy eh,

Trevor the lover
12th May 2008, 03:45
Flyer 18 - 737

Ahhhh you have just proven a point. Aerocare is full of people with no freakin idea about aviation. Your statement "close to the runways, less taxi" - irrelevant champ. Departure is push back time, or engine start time if not on an aerobridge - nothing to do with taxy distance. I am dumbfounded every day by some of the mind numbing mistakes of aerocare. BUT - to be positive about it, it has a lot to do with the fact that most of the staff are very new to the aviation industry and the thinking and performance will improve over time - essentially good people who are learning.

And if 80% is rather pathetic - then take a bow because 99% of delays are caused by you guys, late load sheet information, incorrect load sheet infromation (rampant that one) etc etc.

Since you list the reasons for delays as
"We put in a lot of hard work to get this damn airline off the ground and ontime. When people call up sick, they are not usually replaced, which just puts heaps and heaps of strain on us. Another thing is that the Check-In people need to make sure they put the right tags on the rights f***** bags, cause you would be suprised on how many bags go to ADL instead of OOL." the delays, in your own words, are due to aerocare, not Tiger, and its staff and staffing policies. So how about calling it Aerocare's OTP.

Van Gough
12th May 2008, 04:11
Windup perhaps?

Mr. Hat
12th May 2008, 05:34
yer i'd be careful about slinging mud about otp if you work for aerocare flyer18

I dont doubt you might be working your guts out as an enthusiastic wannabe but there are well and truely some very large issues with aerocares performance.

80%? its a start - some of the majors have had worse and they have alot more back up and systems in place.

flyer_18-737
12th May 2008, 05:43
yes, I guess 80% is a start, even if we have been going for 6months. What I hate is that they accept people who dont even know what Boeing or Airbus is, nor what An A320 is!!!

I Love it:
Aerocare guy: "So have you dealt with A320's before"
Stupid Recruit: "Yeah, I love those big jumbo's":ugh:

At least I entered Aerocare knowing a fair bit about Aviation, and knowing what to do. I like working there though, Tiger are in a great position for watching planes apprach and land at 34. Anyway, things are better than they were in November

If interested apparently Aerocare are hiring for the Summer, as TT are going to expand with some A319's, I will ask tommorow and see if any are from Skybus!

Chocks Away
12th May 2008, 05:49
:D Here here Mr Hat!

Aerocare AND Menzies!:ugh:

bogan mover
12th May 2008, 05:50
Lets not get into a blame game here. Tiger has played a role in many of the delays as well.

Suffice to say, 80% aint too bad for a new start. Let's look at other airlines just as a comparison.

On time performance – total industry for February 2008
(from the DOTARS website)

Jetstar 73.0
M@CAIR 71.4
Qantas 82.8
QantasLink 76.6
Regional Express 82.0
Skywest 77.2
Virgin Blue 79.2

Skystar320
12th May 2008, 05:57
geeez they are all shocking........ Tiger hasnt done bad.

Flyer, Aerocare wont know if Tiger would be getting skybus A3219's

Van Gough
12th May 2008, 07:36
What I hate is that they accept people who dont even know what Boeing or Airbus is, nor what An A320 is!!!

Thats what training is for....:hmm:

mingalababya
12th May 2008, 10:47
When are they (Tiger Airways) going to finish building their terminal at Melbourne .. or is that tin shed "it" ?

Buster Hyman
12th May 2008, 11:08
Minga...That's Virgins fault. They got all hoighty-toity when they moved into the big building, and never finished the shed properly.;)

Anyway, Aerocare are lucky to have you Flyer. Otherwise, Gawd knows what the OTP would be eh?

Skystar320
12th May 2008, 11:35
102%... Otp

flyer_18-737
12th May 2008, 11:50
haha, anyway I think there are plans for a new arrivals hall, construction to start very soon from what I heard. They tell us it will be finished in time for Summer, what about F***** winter! (Ill tell you what, it wont happen!)

Skystar A320, Aerocare might not know, but Chris Ward (Managing Director of TT, is sometimes in the "tempory el-cheapo, portable toilet-like office building where all the Pilots go before they start". We get a lot of TT managment around, as the Tiger Airways Aussi HQ is in a "Classroom" a few hundred meters away!

Mr. Hat
12th May 2008, 12:23
its all about training and retaining flyer.

if you have a constant turnover you'll never get the productivity out of your workforce.

i often feel for the Acare staff as i can see they are trying their best. the result is more often than not a bit of a shambles.

unfortunately though in our industry sooner or later there will be a stuff up and someone will get really hurt or something really expensive will get broken.

good luck to the tiger.

ozangel
12th May 2008, 13:43
I feel for the contractors, as they often get a bit of a bad wrap. Having worked at a few airlines in the cabin (and dealing first hand with these guys), GENERALLY they are more concerned about getting the job done than you'll ever find in the main ports with employees of the airline. The main ports is where I have found most delays occur - am yet to be delayed by a ground crew stuff up with contractors. My only exceptions would perhaps be OOL and BME, who (through no fault of the front liners) have been overloaded with contracts requiring multiple uniform changes and proficiency on multiple airline procedures and systems - inevitably having a degree of effect on the end result (safety/otp/service)...

Without a doubt however, the regional ports almost always greet you with excitement, and could only be better if they had time to invite you in for a scone and a cuppa.

As for tiger getting 80%, good on them. With a small fleet, and high utilisation, they must be doing something right! 80% by comparison is something to be proud of. (from someone happily working for a competitor!)

phyrexian
12th May 2008, 14:26
You hang in there "Flyer 18-737" because your special......

Remember: "It's always hard to make strawberry jam from pig s#&t."

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

flyer_18-737
12th May 2008, 21:58
I will hang in there, Im going nowhere:ok:

I have been hearing rumours though about new Summer scheds that are nearly finished, and something about Cairns??? Expect new scheds to be up soon. We also have a new A320 coming in the next few weeks or so, which will help put less strain on the fleet, and I think we are getting a new route, as I said, mabye Cairns

Skystar320
13th May 2008, 00:00
I heard it was Auckland :bored::bored::bored::bored:

flyer_18-737
13th May 2008, 01:03
Yes, Auckland is also on the radar, and it will be probaly introduced over this coming summer. I think we would see 3/4 weekly to AKL. Anyway, who knows what this airline will do, i must say they are very secretive

bogan mover
13th May 2008, 01:07
Anyway, who knows what this airline will do, i must say they are very secretive

And Qantas/Jetstar and Virgin can't stand it.

Skystar320
13th May 2008, 02:48
Tiger airways reveals its short list for the 2nd base.

Chris Ward Managing Director of Tiger Airways said. “As a gesture of goodwill from Tiger to our dear friends at other airlines we have decided to let them into our little secret”
The nominees for the next Tiger Airways Australia base are:

Perth
Rockhampton
Mackay
Alice Springs
Gold Coast
Darwin
Launceston
Canberra
Adelaide
Newcastle
Hobart
Sunshine Coast

As well as Sydney and every other airport that you can think of.

All the Tiger spotters out there should be confident that they will have their thirst for knowledge quenched very soon. Until then, don’t believe everything you hear from our competitors as Tiger airways will never prematurely reveal its hand.

I reckon its going to be Alice Springs

Mr. Hat
13th May 2008, 03:02
I've found the exact opposite ozangel.

Skystar320
13th May 2008, 06:56
Bi-lat agreement doesnt mean you have to have an international AOC to hop across the tasman......

[though thats what I am led to believe - i can be wrong]

flyer_18-737
13th May 2008, 06:56
You dont need an International AOC for NZ

May I ask why the 5th 320 has been delayed

flyer_18-737
13th May 2008, 08:23
haha, yeah he also looks like a wearwolf:E

Dont think all that stuff about him losing his job to that easyjet lady went down to well at all:ouch:

Dixondik
14th May 2008, 01:30
Speaking of Tiger HQ, those red buildings are not classrooms, more or less 'pens' to keep up with the Tiger atmospher. I don't know how people can work in that S**T factory, the first aviation job I have declined!

Skystar320
14th May 2008, 01:38
I am suprised no more aviatino companies have rejected you,...... or have they?

armslides&crossdress
14th May 2008, 02:04
SO DIXONDIK

Care to expand a little on Tiger Oz and why So Anti ... I would be happy to interview with them or another LCC in Aus>> are they not all much the same ?

Trevor the lover
14th May 2008, 05:35
Dixondik,

******!

rodney rude
14th May 2008, 06:01
Yeah Dixondik, great post mate, really worthwhile reading.

Dunnybudgee
14th May 2008, 10:07
Umm yeah I'm kinda curious about Dixon's di*ckhe*ds posting too. Me thinks he no like this outfit much!

Wotz these red buildings then? :\ I've seen the old Greenish coloured demountables their offices are in on Grants Road at Tullla. (Used to be Ansett offices if I remember right).

Wouldn't NZ ops need a "designated" OZ or NZ AOC under the Single Aviation Market agreement (or an intl AOC). Does a 100% foreign owned outfit like Tiger get that right?

As for the 5th plane. A Tiger mate's recent version was he's been told that Singapore needed the 5th A320 more, and they are getting 2 new A319's in Jan / Feb - with more to follow. But who knows?:bored:

IMHO with SIA and Ryanair $$$ I don't expect them to pack up anytime soon (if ever).

Stationair8
14th May 2008, 11:21
Some people just find rejection difficult.

Perhaps you could try Safeway for a job Dixondik, I am sure they would let you eventually progress to a checkout chick after doing the trolley collection for a while, they are an equal opportunity employer!!

Dixondik
14th May 2008, 11:47
Was it something I said?

Stationair:

No I have quite a good job in MEL, pays well and will allow me to get back into rotary, relax eh?

Dunny:

I am all for TGW and their competitive nature. I was talking from a mere Operations perspective. I am sure the left hand seat in an A320 is surely sweet. Perhaps you should relax too?

Armslides etc:

Read above post, I am not against TGW, compare their Ops Rooms to even Rex's. Can't even compare them.

Skystar:

Nope, been quite stable with jobs. Yet to be declined of one. Sorry to offend so much.

Stationair8
14th May 2008, 12:01
What your Rotary Mazda?

Dixondik
14th May 2008, 21:45
Yep thats it Stationair.:ugh:

rodney rude
15th May 2008, 00:19
Been quite stable, never been declined...... You are definitely my hero!

flyer_18-737
15th May 2008, 00:38
:{Back On track please, no garbage

Dixondik
15th May 2008, 00:40
Thanks flyer, back on topic, tip of the hat to Tiger for getting to 80%, almost unheard of these days.

Skystar320
15th May 2008, 00:52
I bet you havnt been loved............

Thanks flyer, back on topic, tip of the hat to Tiger for getting to 80%, almost unheard of these days.

flyer_18-737
19th May 2008, 22:43
This month we are struggling a bit, cause damn VH-VNB has got so many issues. I dont know what they did to her over in Singapore but she is always needing new parts. Lucky its my day off, I see Perth,Darwin and Adelaide flights have been delayed of up to 3hours. VNB had some minor issues, but we pushed back ontime luckly, so pretty sure today shes gone mechanical!! We dont want ex-Sing planes Tiger!!!!

bush mechanics
21st May 2008, 13:35
could be some faulty Singaporian staples!!!!Get ya every time

Skystar320
22nd May 2008, 03:02
and maybe l should do my A320 type with them before they go down then l wont have to pay for

God save them if you join.

of Chris Wards $1,000,000.00 bonus ARE YOU bullsh*tting again> where was this?

flyer_18-737
22nd May 2008, 03:08
He dosn't deserve that much, "To keep their costs down" I was thinking mabye 80k. He does a pretty **** job, plus he looks like a walrus:eek:

Skystar320
22nd May 2008, 03:13
He dosn't deserve that much, "To keep their costs down" I was thinking mabye 80k. He does a pretty **** job, plus he looks like a walrus

further add's to my point that dixon's son has been snoffin his but and telling lies

flyer_18-737
25th May 2008, 10:55
After 25days into this month Tiger is going to be getting an embarrasing OTP this month. At the moment it stands at ....you dont want to know, trust me
Reasons for this month are:
-F***** VH-VNB (just get rid of her, jesus!)
-Pilots like taking their time doing paperwork
-Stupid aerocare crew calling in sick:ouch:
-Passengers always tumbling down the stairs!!! (averages 5 falls a day:{)
also the other Planes having general issues from time to time!

(:ouch:haha, I like to release my anger on here)

Buster Hyman
25th May 2008, 11:34
Passengers always tumbling down the stairs!!!
Get a handy-cam, send the tape to Funniest Home Videos, & you'll be turning a profit in no time!:ok:

apacau
25th May 2008, 22:12
Tiger's summer timetable now published online. Most turns now reduced from 30 to 25 mins!!!