PDA

View Full Version : minimum flight activity for CPL renewal

number
10th May 2008, 10:25
I have a doubt, I am about to start my Citation type rating, and I have to renew my JAR CPL because of lack of activity in the present year :
Do I need the CPL MEP/IR current to start the type rating with the Citation on example, or can I go with the SEP/IP current?

I would like to renew my CPL license these days, with the minimum activity, so I would do the SEP/IR rather than the MEP/IP . Would it be fine?

thank you!

number
10th May 2008, 15:10
I know it's a difficult issue, and i've gone through the JAR/FCL 1.185 , 1.245 , 1.210 but haven't found much yet ....

Considering that my CPL MEP/IR is expiring the 15 of this month, May, do you think I could integrate my type rating and my CPL yearly renewal? i.e. I'll fly the Citation for the type rating, hence renewing my CPL/IR at the same time.

???

capt.sparrow
10th May 2008, 18:01
If its your first multi pilot type rating you need a current/valid MEP/IR and MCC.

number
11th May 2008, 11:09
thank you.

just to make sure, in the part IX of the license, where it's written validity, it sais in fact valid until 2012. while in the part XII, ratings to be revalidated, it sais MEP/IR expires 15/05/2008 ... can I start a citation 2 type rating in this condition?
I haven't found any limitation on the matter under JAR/FCL 1.185 , 1.210 , 1.245 do you know where I have to look for to get something official?

thank you!

capt.sparrow
11th May 2008, 15:31
Cant lay my hand on a reference yet, but the multi engine IR must be valid (in date), you must hold an MCC certificate, and have passed the ATPL knowledge subjects. The CPL validity is not your issue here!

Edit: Its under JAR-FCL 1.250 Type Rating, Multi-pilot Conditions.(Pre-requisite conditions for training)http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf

number
11th May 2008, 18:58
thanks capt.sparrow,

that's a prerequisite for a multi-pilot plane, but the citation C550 (bravo) it's certified for single pilot operations, hence the JAR–FCL 1.255 should apply , page 1–F–6 ,

I do have a frozen atpl, MCC , so considering that my MEP/IR is expiring the 15 of this month, and I'm looking forward to start my type rating in 3 weeks, can I just renew my MEP, eventually, by flying the citation for the type rating?

what do you think?

4Screwaircrew
12th May 2008, 07:26
MEP, multi engine piston can't be renewed on a jet.

number
12th May 2008, 09:34
MEP, multi engine piston can't be renewed on a jet.
why not? what can i renew in a jet then?

4Screwaircrew
12th May 2008, 10:29
The Citation is a type rating, you will fly the skills test to place that on your licence, and renew your IR privilages, but the MEP is for multi engine piston aircraft.

number
12th May 2008, 15:05
ok thank you all.

I'm looking for TRTOs and up to now I have found FlightSafety in Farnborough and the next slot it's for the 5th august 08 ... too late... FlightSafety in Paris doesn't answer, I guess they are in holiday. CAE in Dallas would take too long cause I'd have to go through the TSA.... then there is exas.co.uk , I'm still waiting for an answer regarding the C550 JAR rating,

then I found jetaviation.com and Twinair in Switzerland but no answer yet... does anyone know them?

BenAir and Karlog Air in Denmark, no answer, don't know if they are JAA

abelag.be in Belgium ... no answer

aeronautx.at in Austria... no answer as well

Does anyone know other TRTOs for the C550 which offer JAA ratings?

thanks a lot!