PDA

View Full Version : Airtours bonus payment to help boost Pilot morale??

vertex
25th Aug 2001, 21:15
Can someone confirm that Airtours have paid a £1500 interim payment last month to their pilots, to try & boost morale, whilst still negotiating a pay rise.
IF this is the case, Mr.Crossland has maybe realised the value of his workforce,or has some forward vision, unlike the millenium charter namesake, that couldn't give the proverbial, they seem to want to lose experience from within.
Time will tell, remember you bean counters:

If you think payrises are expensive,try an accident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fireflybob
25th Aug 2001, 21:30
I am all for decent pay but the commonest reason for staff leaving any company is lack of recognition.

Notso Fantastic
25th Aug 2001, 21:42
Firefly, I think the best way to provide adequate recognition is to provide adequate recompense. Status and respect follows the money- I think it is quite simple and true!

tunturi
26th Aug 2001, 03:28
Vertex
>unlike the millenium charter namesake, that couldn't give the proverbial<

I'm not very good at cryptic crosswords. Would you mind just for my sake saying who you mean by this. Not Air two bob surely?

Thanks

The Guvnor
26th Aug 2001, 03:38
Not necessarily tru, Notso Fantastic - anyone that joins Southwest, for example, will have to have an (often self financed) B737 type rating and will initially be earning some 30% less than with other major airlines; and will work considerably harder. Equity and profit share schemes increase the take-home pay.

Southwest say they have something like 200 applicants for every position that opens - and most importantly of all, their staff turnover is one of the lowest in the industry.

The lesson therefore is that people who feel valued and part of a team will quite happily accept lower pay and poorer working conditions - so yes, fireflybob is quite correct.

takeoffallgreen
26th Aug 2001, 12:32
Guvnor,

I know its off the thread but:

To quote your sign off message:

"Now what are YOU doing", besides spending ALL your time on Pprune?

Can't be much!

yespigscan
26th Aug 2001, 22:13
Airtours pilots paid £1500 to aid moral absolute bo****ks. It certainly didn't come in my pay packet. Do not believe all the propoganda dished out by management. The company is still as tight as a camel's a**e in a sand storm.

Notso Fantastic
27th Aug 2001, 01:34
Is there no escape from this idiot? I see his pprune count has gone up nearly 100 in less than a week. Almost every thread in R&N is either started by this twerp, or has his awful preaching opinions about EVERYTHING in aviation. I do not read his daft contributions anymore because I know what an idiot he is. If anybody doesn't know who this person is, go to http://flytristar.tripod.com/article/art06.html and read for yourself who this idiot is who preaches what should be in all the worlds aviation.
Guvenor- GO AWAY!

763 jock
27th Aug 2001, 02:54
The Guvs L-1011 bull**** has been on pprune for at least 2 years. Is this the most delayed departure on record?? :D :D

The Guvnor
27th Aug 2001, 03:08
Notso Fantastic - I thought I told you that you're not my type and that you really ought to stop following me around? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As others have said, if you don't like what I say then ignore it - and stop hijacking otherwise decent threads to have a go at me (and others) with whom you appear to have an inferiority complex.

As I told you previously, dear boy, I did try to send you my rebuttal to that piece of cr*p to which you've posted a link which I'm quite sure you'd have found interesting and you may well have even learnt something. Unfortunately, you're one of those people who likes to snipe from behind the cover of anonymity and you haven't included your email in your profile. I, on the other hand don't do that - so you're invited to email me and I'd be happy to pass it on. There are a fairly sizeable number of PPRuNe members that have either an involvement in the project or have a good knowledge of it and I'm sure they would also be happy to tell you that it's cr*p and to wind your neck in.

Notso Fantastic
27th Aug 2001, 20:59
Guvnor- Less, if you please, of the "my dear chap" or "my dear boy" condescending rubbish. I am 51 and don't take that insulting tone from any charlatan or dodgy individual. All I want to hear from you is: with your business record, how can you have the nerve to come here and preach to us all in over 2600 postings the rights, wrongs, wherefors of World Aviation in general. You must qualify for your own server, so why don't you start your own 'Failed Airline Operator Rumour Network'? Then you can preach to whoever you like. But.....you are not going to remain here preaching aviation to us all with your record! I shall follow you around relentlessly reminding everybody exactly what the background of your particular business dealings is. So why don't you take the hint and go away? There must be other people who are ready for your multitude of opinions on everything!

bumpthrust
28th Aug 2001, 01:27
Hear Hear NotSo. I used to work for AIH and naturally clicked on this thread. What do I find but Guvnor spouting some irrelevant b*llox about the USA.

There seems to be no end to his opinions.

Guv: better to kepp your mouth shut & be thought an idiot, than to open it and confirm the fact....

The Guvnor
28th Aug 2001, 01:54
Notso Fantastic, old boy, so you accept any old badly written rubbish at face value, do you? I'm really rather puzzled as to why you have not contacted me in order to obtain my rebuttal of that article - the majority of which originated from Who? (aka Freeboot and about a dozen other identities).

Now, I'd really rather like to not have to descend to your level and attack personalities rather than issues (which is why I attempt to keep these posts rather humourous) - and I'll sign off by suggesting that you check out this thread: Goodbye PPRUNE (http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=41&t=002168) and reflect on its contents.

Hamrah
28th Aug 2001, 02:08
And another one bites the dust.....