PDA

View Full Version : LHR query

Ellis Hill
6th May 2008, 11:33
Couple of questions for the boys and girls in LHR ATC.

First, is there a limit on size of aircraft that can use taxiway L or is its' use limited because of the work in progress. Just that I've been sent the long way round (via A and link 25) a couple of times and was curious as to why.

Second, did a go around yesterday on 09L which was due to A/C in front not vacating in time. In this case we were at 1.7D when he touched down and I was wondering if you are allowed to ask for 'min time on the runway please' or if this is considered too much to ask.

Please understand I imply no critisism whatsoever in these questions. I've operated all over the world and you are the best ATC unit I've ever come across, by a long way. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the job you do. I'm just curious, thats all!

Geffen
6th May 2008, 13:55
Taxiway 'L' leads straight past the europier (delta's anyone?) and a pushback could have been the reason for a longer taxi. As to the missed approach, controllers will often ask for min time. Didn't see yesterday so can't really comment.

Gonzo
6th May 2008, 21:11
Using A all the way to Link25 is much easier, R/T-wise. Some a/c have gone the 'wrong' way after being told A-L-B hold B1 or similar.

point5
8th May 2008, 00:01
We are encouraged not to use Lima as a through-route. When UAL and ANZ move to T1 next month, the Europier and stands 256,257, 258, 170 and 171 will be heavily used so Alpha and Bravo will remain the standard routes.

Geffen
9th May 2008, 08:01
I find the 'encouragement' not to use certain routes because at some point more traffic will be on certain gates quite depressing. What ever happened to moving traffic along the most expeditious route? Or are we now in the process of restricting traffic routings due to the odd pilot going the wrong way? Should we not route T1/T3 traffic through T5 because in a few months it will be a lot busier in T5? I call it flexibility and it helps everyone out. Rant over!

mickrobbo
10th May 2008, 19:56
flexibility? That's fast going out of the window sadly :ugh:

Gonzo
10th May 2008, 20:15
I blame Ops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ugh:

Oh, hang on...........................:uhoh: