PDA

View Full Version : Saab 2000 Vr

Otters2000
3rd May 2008, 20:03
Just doing some uni course work and am hoping someone can tell me the take off speed for the saab 2000. I can't seem to find it on any of the specs!

Thanks in advance:ok:

rada76
6th May 2008, 17:14
Check your PM's (private messages)

Dani
7th May 2008, 07:40
It might be a problem of your specs...

Which one you have available? It's been a while, but maybe the book you have says that V1 and VR are always the same?

Performance calculation isn't necessarily done by Saab itself but by some other company, and the one you have has a slightly different approach.

Tell me if you need further info.

Dani

PaulW
7th May 2008, 14:04
Why Saab 2000? Is this a performance question or a type specific question. The V speeds relate to weight, temperature, QNH, Take Off Run Available, Accelerate Stop Distance Available, Obstacle clearance up to 1500 ft above airfield, VMcg, VMBE. In the case of the Saab it is an exceptionally well performing turbo prop (performs better with one engine out than lots of other turbo props with all engines operating) and you will find that all but exceptional airports you will find the performance is only limited by the Airframe limitations (Max Take Off Mass) and balanced field ie v1vr are the same. You will be able to carry out reduced power takeoffs pretty much everywhere up to 43C in most cases for MTOM. The V1 VR if taken from the performance book for Max Take Off Mass is normally 121kts. Taken from easterns own little speed book Vr varies between 116 to 118kts depending on weight. Why do you ask? There is a fair bit of info on www.saabaircraft.com