PDA

View Full Version : Videocontrol

ALATOWER
3rd May 2008, 07:13
HI lads

I would be interesting where VIDEO CONTROL at working positions is establishd in EU ATC? Does that make work of ATCOs better or more nervous? Did anybody have a problem with that?

Thanks...

ALATOWER
3rd May 2008, 15:49
…not exist Video control of your behavior during the work? You are very happy, Lads….

Red Four
3rd May 2008, 20:52
Are you saying that the room where you work is video-recorded by management, to be used for incident investigation or other reasons?

ALATOWER
4th May 2008, 01:33
...it depends on mentality of the chief and culture, but knowing, that each your word and reflexion aloud not connecting with management of planes is constantly traced by someone, does not do my work comfortable. Could you give me the doc reference on application video for that purpose? Thanks!

Red Four
4th May 2008, 09:18
In UK it is normal for ATC frequencies/telephones/radar and who is working on what position and when to be recorded.
I do not know of anywhere where the operations room is video recorded more generally, so as to detect 'off-air' conversations. There is, as yet, certainly no requirement for this in the UK.

!turnleftrightnow!
4th May 2008, 09:39
As far as I know the DFS is planning to tape off-air conversations by installing microphones at the working positions....:oh:

ALATOWER
4th May 2008, 14:23
…it has been launched as ICAO recommendation after Borden crash in 2002 but according to first answer I thought RU and KZ take the lead.

Thanks guys