PDA

View Full Version : College NATS July'08

jopeec
2nd May 2008, 13:21
This thread it's for those people who will start their training on July'08 at Bournemouth as myself.

I'm allocated at area course.

I hope this help us to solve any previous doubt we could have.

For instance, have you already thought about your accomodation?

SACrIGGER
2nd May 2008, 13:37
HR will usually sort you a forum that only your course members have access to via the Nats homepage.

If it hasn't been done, i'd expect it to be done soon.

watch_the_birdie
2nd May 2008, 17:19
I am on the July area course.

atcowannabe
2nd May 2008, 17:29
I'm on it too - also area.

walker4
2nd May 2008, 20:11
seems i'm the odd one out, i'm on the aerodrome course starting in july.

AJ7
2nd May 2008, 21:06
walker ur on the right side of the college... at least from my point of view :E just finished the aerodrome course; ull really enjoy it, hard work though :ouch:

adrian

SACrIGGER
2nd May 2008, 21:13
I agree, aerodrome is the way forward!

walker4
3rd May 2008, 13:01
Thanks Adrian,

I picked aerodrome as i work on the ramp at glasgow airport so seemed natural. Cant wait to start been a long wait.

Craig

morgstar
3rd May 2008, 21:07
Hi all,

Looks like i'll be joining the first couple of posters as i have plumbed for area. Had a email friday confirming my place.

Has anyone looked at accommodation yet? Do you know if NATS send you any suggested B&B's.

Raelly looking forward to meeting everyone!:ok:

simfly
4th May 2008, 23:03
You will get a list of recommended accomm, prob from the forum ("departure lounge") that you will get logins for in due course so don't worry too much yet.

1967kev
5th May 2008, 09:14
Hi,

I'm also on the area course in July. Good to see that there is a few of us anyway!!!

See you all in 9 weeks

Kev:ok:

watch_the_birdie
5th May 2008, 09:34
Ooo is it me or are there a large proportion of Scottish people? :)

NeoDude
6th May 2008, 18:00
Och aye the noo.

Ivor_Novello
6th May 2008, 18:24
Aye, it's called unemployement ;)

321now
7th May 2008, 20:05
Ahhh... July, bring it on.

Seems you'll start about a week before I finish Approach and leave for TC.

So near yet so far. :bored::cool:

(*looks at oral board revision notes and gulps*)

Best of luck guys, you'll love it.

AJ7
7th May 2008, 22:28
dont be so cruel to them 321... :E

ull def enjoy aerodrome, area i guess is similar. and bournemouth is pretty alright too, even for all you scots who live the other side of the world ;)

i did half wish back for seaton the other day for simple taxiways...

Gonzo
8th May 2008, 03:53
Don't worry, you'll soon feel that you can never have too many taxiways!

katie84
8th May 2008, 08:08
i think whichever discipline you go to, you will love it. For me im an area bod leaving the college in a weeks time.... note to all, be prepared for hard work! The college is great, and you will have a wonderful time, but you need to be extremely motivated and disciplined if you wish to get out of the college in one piece.

Good luck guys

dansed541
8th May 2008, 16:44
i was told july 7th as a possible start date, im not making any plans just yet, :rolleyes:

im doing aerodrome, anyone want to get in touch then feel free to message me.

dan

adsr
10th May 2008, 03:00
Also starting Aerodrome in July. Slightly worried about finding accomodation. Haven't got that much saved for the first month.

Does anyone know about the 60pounds/week extra living costs pay on top of the 10,000/year? I heard some people talking about it here but no one seems to have confirmed it.

SACrIGGER
10th May 2008, 08:09
its 100% true, see the money at NATS college thread.

1967kev
12th May 2008, 09:36
Has anyone rec'd a contract from NATS yet? I have to give a months notice but I am booked up to go to Cyprus for 2 weeks before going to the college which gives me very little time. And I am a little reluctant to hand in my notice without having anything on paper from NATS.:ugh:

Is anyone else in the same situation?

atcowannabe
12th May 2008, 10:07
Hi Kev,

Received no contract yet but gave 2 months notice to my employers so that NATS could get the references etc sorted out. Not sure when the contracts will be coming out but I think there is no choice but to hand in notice working on the idea of college starting on 7th July. I have read on other threads that is what people have had to do before also.

Why would you want to go to Cyprus when the weather here is so nice?! :}

1967kev
12th May 2008, 11:07
Hows it going atcowannabe?

Yeah I know buddy, the weather in the UK is too good! Why anyone would want to go abroad is beyond me!!!

Yeah, I think I'll just have to hand in my notice then without any documentation from NATS. If everyone is else is doing that, then its good enough for me.

Thanks for the advice

AJ7
12th May 2008, 12:46
i didnt see a contract till at most 2-3 weeks before i started in sep last year... but then maybe i was last in the queue :ouch:

adrian

walker4
12th May 2008, 14:03
I haven't recieved a contract yet either but still lot of time before start date. I too have to give a months notice but i have been continously updating my managers on the situation and am lucky that they are comprimising and i have got it down to 2 weeks notice.

Topjet
12th May 2008, 15:49
I was concerned about this before I started at the college as I wanted to give my employer as much notice as possible. I started on the 4th April and didnt get the contract til about the 24/25th February and I know of others on the course that were in a similar position.

Hopefully see you around in July!!

quadra4
13th May 2008, 10:29

".... note to all, be prepared for hard work! The college is great, and you will have a wonderful time, but you need to be extremely motivated and disciplined if you wish to get out of the college in one piece. "

This is really good advice, University this ain't!

daveosger
13th May 2008, 13:40
I'm on for the July course aswell, and like everyone else I just seem to be waiting on the contract before handing in my notice. I got my notice down to 2 weeks though so I'm not too worried, currently looking at accomodation for when I get down there.

watch_the_birdie
14th May 2008, 12:18
Ok...who has booked accommodation for definite...and what date is everyone thinking of moving down?

There's nothing too major to organise for me, just accommodation is the biggie. I'm assuming Boscombe is best, and I don't drive yet (currently learning), so can I tempt someone with petrol money and beer tokens?

watch_the_birdie
14th May 2008, 19:11
The word on the street is that contracts are being sent out by hr tomorrow...

1967kev
15th May 2008, 10:39
I have just e-mailed HR asking when they will be sent out. Hopefully WTB is right!!! I'll update when I get a reply from HR.

With regards to accomodation, its proving really difficult because July is tourist season and hoteliers seems to take the proverbial at this time of year!!!

Anyone else up for a tent on the beach?!!!!

stu_h
15th May 2008, 12:03
As long as it comes with a BBQ, tent on the beach sounds good!

Anyone else going direct for a flatshare straight off, or is everyone going B&B?

Stu

sam-sinc
15th May 2008, 13:01
Looks like tents might be our best option! haha!

I spoke to Felicity at HR yestreday and she did assure me that she personally would be sorting all our contracts and posting them out today - wooo! So guess we'll all be hanging around waiting for the post tomorrow :)

As for accommodation - I have no idea! totally disorganised on that front. Ideally I'd like to flat share but I suppose a couple of weeks B&B to get to know people first would be good.

Sam

DAZZA86
15th May 2008, 14:29
Hey,
just found out im starting area in July too, have any of you guys booked any accommodation yet and are you thinking of b&bs first off?
Also, have you been put on this departure lounge thing as I've heard nothing about it, i got the accommodation list though, but done nothing with it!

walker4
16th May 2008, 12:54
just recieved my contract today. starting date 7th july on aerodrome