PDA

View Full Version : 777 Detailed Dimensions

FirmamentFX
26th Apr 2008, 14:25
Hi guys,

Can anyone point me to a source of information regarding highly detailed dimensions of the 777 (I am modelling the aircraft in 3D)?

I have the Flight Manual and the Training Manual, which I had hoped would provide these, but unfortunately they seem not to... They only go into general detail.

Ideally I would like something like the Airbus Maintenance Facility Planning documents - which go into immense detail (even down to exact angles for ailerons, and dimensions of all bay doors etc). This doesn't seem to be a Boeing "thing" sadly.

If anyone could help I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Martin

Green-dot
26th Apr 2008, 15:03
Maybe this will help.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/777rsec2.pdf

Which is part of the B777 Airport Planning Document

Found here:

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/777.htm

Regards,

Green-dot

FirmamentFX
26th Apr 2008, 17:30
Thanks very much! Very useful.

M

james ozzie
26th Apr 2008, 19:58
Interesting diagrams. I just confirmed the statement that the 777 engine nacelle is wider than the 737 fuselage - yep, its true!

enicalyth
28th Apr 2008, 18:34
I know you didn't intend it but the boot is most definitely on the other foot. Company "B" has had free information available by post, phone, ftp and the website for longer than Company "A" has been in existence. It is knowing where to look because companies choose different ways to structure their sites. In Company "B's" mindset anyone who does not have access to dimensions is ipso facto not directly in the airline business and so probably is a civil/structural engineer or architect involved in airport design. So having a division to look after airport technology.... that is where they post it. And if you buy an airplane they give you disksets and privileged access. If Company "A" choose to do it differently that's fine. But the Company "B" information is there, and always has been ever since Icarus stuck on wings and flew so high that he didn't notice that cold air cracks wax quicker than the sun can melt it.

Best Rgds

The "E"

FirmamentFX
28th Apr 2008, 21:04
Heh - point taken enicalyth...

I should have qualified my post slightly: I was referring to information "freely available on the internet".

Even so, and to (vaguely) stand up for my point - the AC documents are created in accordance with ATA/NAS 3601, so the information there is reasonably standard for both companies.

However, company "B" does not make the Maintenance Facility Planning manual freely available to anyone (as company "A" does). For non-industry people looking for this kind of information, the MFP gives you precise dimensions and angles for all flight control surfaces, all major aircraft structures, detailed breakdowns of a/c zones, and hundreds of pages more of information.

My post was not intended as a criticism of Boeing at all (please God not another A vs. B thread! :ugh: - and this isn't even about the aircraft! ;)), more an observation of what information is "freely" available and what is not.

All best,

Martin

john_tullamarine
28th Apr 2008, 23:47
Have a look at the FAA website under the ACs for airport work ... long time since I have had the need to look in that section but there is likely to be mucho information along the lines of what you are after.

FirmamentFX
29th Apr 2008, 20:42
Thanks John - heading over there now.

M