PDA

View Full Version : FlyGlobespan

SpamCanDriver
26th Apr 2008, 01:12
Hi

Was just wondering if anyone can give me the lowdown on the Wynnwith contract with Flyglobespan on the 757/767. Reading all the threads from last year didn't make for very good reading! Is this still the case or have they manged to sort their act out a bit yet?

Cheers in advance for any replies!

SpamCanDriver
27th Apr 2008, 20:41
My god its either so good you guys dont want to tell anyone or your all working so hard youve got no time for pprune! haha. Seriously though would appreciate any info on the working conditions in Globespan Cheers!

ScottyDawg
27th Apr 2008, 21:31
Well there might not be any information to assuade yourself on this thread,

- But as usual the life and times of the GSM B763/B757 Fleet/world are well catered for on the "Airlines, Airports & Routes" Forum..Aka..

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=308244&page=26

The usual stuff.. doesn't seem like much of a change since last year - But then again, this is still only April - perhaps there is loads more to come :rolleyes:

Cheers

Scotty D :O

Pontious
28th Apr 2008, 13:39
I've been here 18 months. MAN based, commute from the IOM, 767, permanent longhaul, just gone leftseat, love it!

:ok:

Iron Duke
29th Apr 2008, 10:37
There was certainly some bad press on this site last year, but I judge as I find. I have been with GSM as a contractor for 6 months now, and am for the large part content. I enjoy the people and the routes ... and it certainly runs rings around the IT rosters. ACMI is great.
I get paid on time and there appears an "open door" policy from Middle Management ... for me it works fine. There is the also the potential for interesting opportunities in a couple of years time ...
I hope this helps ...

I.Duke

shootfromthehip
29th Apr 2008, 11:49
Anyone heard any rumours that Ryanair have bought Globespan????

ecj
29th Apr 2008, 16:24
sh.....hip

poppycock

I think your name says a lot........and the facts/evidence for your assertion ??

:\

Iron Duke
29th Apr 2008, 17:16
All any of us can base our opinions on ... my own personal experience ...

I.Duke

potkettleblack
29th Apr 2008, 17:43
Always happy to be proved wrong but why on earth would FR want to buy someone like Globespan when they can just compete on routes with one of their "million seat sales", or do nothing and wait for the marginal loco's to suffer with increasing fuel prices. FR have around a billion quid in cash and can sit back and watch a lot of operators suffer over the next 6 months then move onto their routes and gradually increase the prices as they do so well.

Wee Willy McGorbals
30th Apr 2008, 00:56
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/856880/quick_tip_to_pull_out_your_car_stuck_in_sand_must_see/

Toastal
30th Apr 2008, 10:02
Will GSM be recruiting experienced NON-TR pilots later this year/early next?

Even if one has a couple of thousand hours on TP's will they still have to pay for the rating over 3 years AND be on a reduced salary till obtaining 500 hrs on type Does that vary from person to person?

T:suspect:

MMS
30th Apr 2008, 10:10
I have been on the wynnwith 767 contract with globespan for a few months, and from my experience, Globespan invest alot of time and money on their pilots training. I have not had any problems with payments or schedules. To me it seems a very nice contract.

As for the problems which passengers have, that is another topic on which i will not comment on. I am only talking as a pilot and thus, from a pilots point of view.

Any questions, you can PM me.

MMS

uncle dickie
30th Apr 2008, 14:41
I suspect typed rated only will be recruited UFN

SpamCanDriver
30th Apr 2008, 15:28
Thanks for the reply guys! Glad it didnt turn into a bashing thread