PDA

View Full Version : class 2 medical passed today :) !

liam548
23rd Apr 2008, 19:16
went Dr Gerald Bemjamin today at multiflight and did my class 2.
Now thats done just waiting to finish police advanced driving course then can start with the fun part, the lessons! he said I shouldnt have any problems with my class 1 when I come to it, which im glad to hear at 25 and in good health!

Just a quick one I forgot to ask him at the time. On the certificate it says "JAR CLASS 2" then underneath it says,

"pertaining to a flight crew licence"

what does that mean?

Thank you

Liam :)

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2139/35121412ij3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

englishal
23rd Apr 2008, 22:32
Or ATC I assume...?

I assume you could pass an ATC class 1 and be wheelchair bound? Which obviously may not make you suitable to command a 777 in the eyes of JAR?

Old Fella
23rd Apr 2008, 23:00
G-EMMA. "I've a feeling in JAR-FCL land a basic PPL pottering about the sky is also defined as flight crew". Just how would you define a PPL? I note you too are a PPL, so don't diminish the value of your achievement.

niknak
23rd Apr 2008, 23:36
Englishal,
I don't know if you were trying to be funny or genuinely insulting to people who are less fortunate than us able bodied folk. :ugh:, either way, grow up.

Plenty of "wheelchair bound" people are more than capable of attaining the PPL, it's just a case of finding the right organisation to accomodate their needs, (hopefully you'll be nowhere near any of them:rolleyes:).

Just for your information, a CAA Class One Medical certificate is equally applicable to an ATCO or a Pilot, it's just the time scales of validity which differ.

liam548
24th Apr 2008, 13:39
thanks for replies.

I just wasn't sure what it exactly means, and reading some of the replies it seems I am not the only one.

Still looking for ward to lessons ;)

homeguard
24th Apr 2008, 15:24
There are more than pilots involved in aviation who are regulated by the CAA. Others by example, that require a CAA medical, are Air Traffic Controllers who would not, I presume have 'aircrew' printed onto their medical certificate.

While the standards will be pretty much the same generally. no doubt there are considerations important with regard to a pilots physiology which are less important for assessing ATC. However, a pilot could have poor hearing but fly safely but a partially deaf air traffic controller would be problematic. The medical certificate therefore is better when it states the purpose for which it was issued.

liam548
25th Apr 2008, 21:16
goin to wait until after the driving course, too much studying roadcraft and learning to fly.. :)