PDA

View Full Version : Vacancies for ATCO at SKYGUIDE CH?

nelsonmadiba
22nd Apr 2008, 22:52
Hello folks,

Anybody knows about vacancies for ATCOs at SKYGUIDE in Switzerland?

I've been working area radar in a big european center (let's say in a place VERY famous stuck between germany and belgium...),but i'm looking for a change.

I've serched their website but found nothing,even tho I've heard of people that are moving to Zurich towards the end of this year.

Any info would be highly appreciated...

Cheers.

Moira
23rd Apr 2008, 11:46
From the skyguide website:

Applying independently of the positions advertised: It will take you approximately 10 minutes to set up your personal account in our job centre: register your profile here and submit your CV. The more detailed the information supplied, the easier it will be for us to find the position corresponding to your profile. Your information will be treated in complete confidence.

Maybe that's what the others did?

nelsonmadiba
23rd Apr 2008, 21:17
I just did it,hope it works...

I was just wondering if they're hiring even tho there's no vacancy displayed or else...

thanks

Mister Geezer
23rd Apr 2008, 23:50
The Zürich area facility is moving from the current site at the airport to a new facility down the road at Dübendorf. Perhaps the move will affect staff levels. I guess that the approach sectors will be moving from the current area facility as well!

Seems like a nice set up to work in...

roomer
24th Apr 2008, 05:01
Well as far as I know, Geneva UAC will need staff since quite alot of people are about to bugger off. Get hold of the OPS managers, since they would know best, if and how to get into Skyguide.
But anyway don't expect any miracles, HR is as fast as a snail hurrying up the hill, I'd say same as all ANS providers..... :}
Good luck with your application and i wish you even more luck finding the people who admit that SG need controllers :ugh:

nelsonmadiba
24th Apr 2008, 05:55
alright,
thanks for the update folks,I got a contact of someone working there but i`m waiting for her to come back from leave in less than a month.....

I`m not really in a rush anyways,I`m just looking around,and geneva (if possible) would be my best option.

Can u guys tell me what it`s like working there?money/roster/leave/general life and so on?

just a rough idea,also pm if you prefer.

cheers

letMfly
24th Apr 2008, 07:39
Well as far as I know, Geneva UAC will need staff since quite alot of people are about to bugger off.
Where are they buggering off to Roomer; and why?

Guy D'ageradar
24th Apr 2008, 13:47
Where are they buggering off to Roomer; and why?

Answer - anywhere and everywhere.

As I told the ops manager during a refresher course a few days ago, when I arrived here 7 1/2 years ago, the package was very competitive, the HR manager very competent and the morale good. The HR manager was fired for being too nice to everyone, to be replaced by a complete w.....r (recently fired himself, possibly something to do with ignoring / selectively interpreting labour law to the company's benefit) morale is under the floorboards and the salaries have risen almost negligibly while cost of living has risen around 30% - not taking into account recent mortgage rate and fuel cost rises. :yuk:

According to the management, they can't afford to increase salaries as the company is in serious financial difficulty - didn't stop them from paying themselves over CHF12,000,000 in bonuses last year, though. At the same time, the board of directors' stated intent is to cut overflight charges as we don't want to appear greedy!:ugh:

End result is that the current recruitment drives in Eurocontrol, Germany, Dubai, UK, Australia, Canada, etc. could all benefit if the packages are decent. Already lost a few with quite a lot more resignations pending. Management seem to think that they may lose a few of the foreigners but the Swiss couldn't bear to leave. Watch this space...........:E

Having worked for several ANSPs, I know that most controllers tend to regard their current management with a certain amount of contempt - this shower have most deservedly earned it!

Rant mode off, have a nice day! :ok:

nelsonmadiba
26th Apr 2008, 18:16
Hi guys,

can anyone give me an idea of what working in geneva would be like?I mean about the work itself,not interested in the city,cost of living etc....

A rough idea about money,roster,leave would be highly appreciated.

I've been working radar area for the last 4 years in maastricht btw.

Thanks

prowler
26th Apr 2008, 18:44
hey Guy D'egeradar

End result is that the current recruitment drives in Eurocontrol, Germany, Dubai, UK, Australia, Canada, etc. could all benefit if the packages are decent

No wonder we already got 3 ex-CH guys with us(one recently) in the sandpit......

Still contemplating a move or still in the longgggg queue???:zzz:

Houston_Tower
27th Apr 2008, 01:49
I would love to work in Geneve or any big city in W.Europe. Can some1 kindly help me find a tower job .
Where could an American citizen could get a job in Europe.

Guy D'ageradar
27th Apr 2008, 07:58
Prowler

Still contemplating a move or still in the longgggg queue??

Was due to come back to do approach in October, then they went and cancelled the course! Hoprfully, I'm not too far down the Queue :sad:

northernmonkey1261
27th Apr 2008, 08:44
Houston tower, do you happen to know if the USA will ever give jobs to anybody other than US citizens?
Surely the more people like you wanting to leave, the sooner they will have to?
Always seems a bit unfair to me.

Houston_Tower
27th Apr 2008, 14:12
They tell us its a threat to our National Security if we hire expats.
lol:D

RustyNail
27th Apr 2008, 16:08
Nice one :ok:

I suppose I had better stop talking to all of the US civil & military A/C that come through my airspace every day, as based on the FAA's logic I must be unworthy and a threat to national security because im not a US citizen :yuk:

GetTheFlick
27th Apr 2008, 19:08
Houston tower, do you happen to know if the USA will ever give jobs to anybody other than US citizens?

Even if they did, who would want to move here ? It sounds just like what Guy D'ageradar described (or worse) and you get paid in dollars (which is falling every day). The FAA can't even keep trainees these days. They quit and go work elsewhere.

Maybe if we have another Great Depression folks willl wake up. (But that's another story. Sticking to this one..).

HALF OF THE VETERAN CONTROLLER WORKFORCE AT TAMPA TOWER IS NOW ELIGIBLE TO RETIRE (http://www.natca.org/mediacenter/press-release-detail.aspx?id=504)

"Prior to the FAA’s imposed work rules implemented in 2006 there were 70 CPCs at Tampa tower, of the large number of veteran retirements since then only one has been mandatory – the rest leaving prematurely. By May 1st, when the next two veteran controllers retire, the facility will be operating with 43 CPCs (three of which are medically decertified) and 23 trainees. With the exception of four transfers from other facilities, only three of these new hires have begun training in radar – a process expected to take at least two years to complete. The rest are still training in the tower or waiting to go back to the Oklahoma City training academy for radar class and are at least two and a half to four years away from certification.

In addition to the overload of getting 16 more new hires in the next 12 months, 22 of the facility’s current 43 CPCs are eligible to retire now and could leave at anytime. The remaining 21 will be eligible within the next six years. "

NATCA (the U.S. controller's union) releases about one of those press announcments every week now. It's system wide. Keep your eyes open and watch the news. Congress will probably be holding more hearings and dropping more bombshells shortly.

Don Brown
Atlanta ATRCC -- RETIRED !

nelsonmadiba
27th Apr 2008, 20:35
anything about geneve?

guys,can anyone please please give me some rough idea of what it's like working there?I've applied with skyguide but I want to have a clue of what I'm looking at.

thanks

IRLATCO
27th Apr 2008, 20:57
Houston Tower et al,

The Irish Aviation Authority are actively recruiting at the moment.Public advertisements are imminent.Two direct entries are already recruited and another 4 are en-route.Most of the vacancies are in Shannon UAC but there are rumours of vacancies in Dublin also.If interested forward your details to HR Manager,Aviation House,Hawkins Street,Dublin 2. Tel ++353 1 6718655.

Quokka
28th Apr 2008, 01:17
They tell us its a threat to our National Security if we hire expats...

Ask them if Australians are considered to be a threat to national security... and when they say yes, ask them if they've heard of the ANZUS Treaty. :=

Heading North
28th Apr 2008, 08:27
To Nelsonmadiba: "want to have a clue of what I'm looking at"

The company hierarchy walk about like blinkered horses...

Sent you a PM

Mister Geezer
3rd May 2008, 10:19
Lufthansa to buy Skyguide... there is a novel idea. :} After all the Germans have had great success in turning Swiss from a loss making airline into a very profitable one! (I am not being serious of course! ;) )

elcrusoe
3rd May 2008, 13:06
The FAA would be glad to hire foreign experienced controllers however it is homeland security and all the liars up there in lalaland that make the decisions.....or shall i say the mistakes......

I'm sure right now the FAA would love more people.....just to make there numbers look good....hahaha....

SINGAPURCANAC
3rd May 2008, 13:48
@ USA colleagues,
could you explain to us(pprune comunity) how one ATCO may affect your security?

I have had a lot of discussion over here regarding security issues and their connection with ATCOs duties,rensposibility and possibility to do anything. There is no single security expert that has proved differently. So far! :=

Short Approach?
5th May 2008, 12:15
It's got nothing to do with security-concerns. It's got to do with the fact that the FAA is still in denial. The STILL think they can educate their way out of the "staffing-crisis" (they don't feel that it IS a crisis) They're not even remotely interested in hiring guns from abroad. So far they FAA/Congress are doing a good job suppressing NATCA and doing as they please without attracting to much media-attention.

Even the crash in (texas?) where fifty-something people died didn't cause any media to question wether it had been a good idea to approve "single-man-sectors".

Bandits! That's what they are. Thieves and bandits!
:E

clr4takeoff
5th May 2008, 15:45
:hmm: What about the new pay scale offered by the FAA to new hired...:yuk:

radar707
5th May 2008, 20:49
Gettheflick

Are you the same Don Brown of the informative "Say Again" columns?

Read with much interest and generated a lot of debate at my unit!!

kosamena
30th May 2008, 05:11
i find it very interesting to note that as far as i aslo had applied to see my expertise of use in the USA... they keep on making the fuss you should be FAA licensed.... but no hard feelings its part of the game in making your own king in your own country.....

Houston_Tower
1st Jun 2008, 02:52
As you all know we have Top-Secret aircrafts and UFO's in our airspace. That is the main reason.