PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabian Airlines - Wannabes & Recruitment

Ahmed Mousa
22nd Apr 2008, 09:18
Good day all of ya,

In fact I appreciate google search engine that let me know about this site , and I'd like to inform you that I'm working in Saudi Arabian Airlines as a flight attendant and welcome any inquiries about my company in our field as flight attendants ,

Hope to find some welcomes between ya ..

thanks
Ahmed

flapsforty
22nd Apr 2008, 10:49
Hello Ahmed,
Welcome to the PPRuNe cabin Crew forum. :ok:
I do believe you are the first FA from your airline to post here, it will be interesting to hear from you.

flapsforty

747-crew
22nd Apr 2008, 12:14
Hay I would love to fly for Saudi arabian Airlines.
I did do some ad hoc work for them during the haj and it was great. What's the procedure os applying for them as flight attendants?

ladyflyby
22nd Apr 2008, 16:28
When I looked last year they were only recruiting from certain countries in the far east - is this still the case?

air-girl-78
23rd Apr 2008, 11:24
Hello, Ahmed, and wellcome!
I am sure, by now, that you relised how great site this is.
It would be nice to hear any info about work in Saudi Arabian Airlines. I, myself, do not have any info about your airline. What is recruitment like? What about salary, accomodation, you know...staff that every crew would like to know.
Nice to have you around. Enjoy flying as well as this site.

mutt
25th Apr 2008, 13:00
Ahmed, welcome to Pprune.... but please be careful about what you are posting as it isnt accurate :(

Lot of the things that you mentioned only apply to Saudi nationals.

our grades every 2 years ,
after 3 grades you become a flight purser which mean 6 years
after 6 grades you become a flight super visor which mean 12 yearsPlease tell me when the last female was promoted to purser?

Mutt

nuigini
25th Apr 2008, 15:55
I know of a girl from England who worked with SV in the 90's. Hated it!

8misty8
19th Apr 2009, 16:19
hi everyone!! i would just like to ask if anyone here who also made it to saudia but until now has no schedule yet for the training in jeddah?
i'm kind of worried because it's been almost 2 months since the 2nd batch left for their training in jeddah..i would just like to know if it is normal for saudia to do that...would they still send us to jeddah for the training?..thanks in advance!

mutt
19th Apr 2009, 17:08
Not all of their hiring is from the Philippines, batch 3-12 are from Arabic speaking countries.......

Mutt

hiba
23rd Apr 2009, 01:30
i was accepted as a hostess at saudi airlines .am a student and am still in university i didnt finish my degree yet.now the airlines group are taking us tio jadda for the training 2 month and then we sign the contract and we start work.am very concerned about the contract !!how many month should i work as a hostess and when i can i quit .i know its my dream but i cant leave my studies.i can freez the fall symmester so i can able to work for 10 monthes but how can i ask to quit my work and come back to finish studying ?? what does the contract includes ?plz reply as soon as possible!!!tanxx for every and each oneand if there is any advice to give am happy to know it ?

Amest
7th May 2009, 04:41
Hello and weclome,
Are you sure you get 35 days annual leave?
I thought it was 30 days.

What about sick leave entitlements? How many dayss off sick can you utilise a month? and are they fully paid?

mutt
7th May 2009, 18:11
What a strange question, i could understand asking about blocked days off per month, or days off in a row.... but sick days?

Anyway the answer is 30 at full salary then reducing.

Mutt

Krypton
18th Jun 2009, 21:32
I know for a fact, SAUDIA Inflight Services is presently only hiring female flight attendants from Egypt and Morocco. They dont know themselves when the other nationalities will be required (i.e. approved by the anonymous higher authorities) As for the other nationalities, thats in the "big" plan, probably when they get the 787 dreamliner , which is also in the "big" plan.

layinlow
18th Jun 2009, 22:07
Take my word for it, stay away from SAUDIA. My wife was a cabin attendant for them for three years and I flew for them 8 years. If you like being treated like dirt, living in a compound with one other person with no social life then have a ball, but don't say I did not warn you!

mutt
19th Jun 2009, 06:03
I know for a fact, SAUDIA Inflight Services is presently only hiring female flight attendants from Egypt and Morocco I always love messages that start with "I know for a fact", and the prove to be wrong :):)

So lets look at the facts....

15 new hire classes so far in 2009 based around Philippines, Local Hire of mixed nationalities, Eqyptians, Moroccan and Saudi (males)...

Lebanese next..... followed by ???

Layinlow, look on the bright side, if your wife didnt fly for them, you wouldnt have met her :):)

Mutt

Desert Diner
19th Jun 2009, 07:28
15 new hire classes so far in 2009 based around Philippines, Local Hire of mixed nationalities, Eqyptians, Moroccan and Saudi (males)...

Just how many are they planning to hire in 2009?

mutt
19th Jun 2009, 11:49
About 700-750.....

Mutt

cazzycazz
19th Jun 2009, 16:43
Interesting, would love to read more about this airlines. :p

I tried searching their website for more information on cabin crew application but to avail... Can anyone advice me on how to apply? Do they hold OD or AD? Are they still hiring at this moment? Still any vacancies available for Malaysian? I would love to give it a try, i shall worry about it later should i be selected.

Thank you in advance :)

Desert Diner
19th Jun 2009, 17:15
About 700-750.....

Turnover can't be really that high.

Are they planning to expand that much?

mutt
19th Jun 2009, 17:47
Are they planning to expand that much?

Yes!

Mutt

Jocashianna0507
20th Jun 2009, 00:43
Hi! im a Filipina, I really want to be a Flight Attendant of any airline.especially International Airline. I took up Bachelor of Science Major in Tourism, but
unfortunately i haven't finish it yet. Though, I finish 2years of my course.

As of the moment, I've been working for 2years already as a Customer Service Assistant. Still "Assisting people".. as I really love assisting people..

Just want to know, how to apply. Qualifications, Requirements..
Could you help me?.. I want to pursue my dreams.. and hopefully will come true.. Thanks and best regards!

layinlow
20th Jun 2009, 20:08
You are correct mutt. If I hadn't been called out for a Khartoum turn I would have never met her. But dating, that was another story. Having to wait outside the cabin attendant compound then having her back by midnight, really sucked. Forget going out. Wearing that black rag all evening would really suck. It only worked because she went to Bangkok base and I commuted. Even then we got married only after I promised to leave SAUDIA. She is Turkish so you guess guess what she thinks of all that religious c#*p that SAUDIA pulled. We left and went to Japan where I flew for 14 years. We've been married now 23 years and living every minute of it. I made a small concession for her mother, although I didn't need to, and celebrated with a ham sandwich and beer after the ceremony (I'll let guess what it was).
So......all in all, SAUDIA worked out for me. But not everyone would be so lucky. A british ambassidor once commented "there are only three problems with Saudia Arabia, ignorance, insularity,and Islam". I still stay STAY AWAY.

8misty8
2nd Jul 2009, 12:45
im one of those who passed the interview of saudia here in philippines ..im included in the 3rd batch..1st and 2nd batch are already done with their training but for the 3rd batch we are still waiting for the schedule of our deployment..huhuhu..so sad...it has been more than 4 months since the job was offered and until now we do not have the schedule for training yet...still hoping that we'll get the golden call from the Hr mngr...

morgant6911
9th Jul 2009, 14:54
I have had a few Saudi flight attendants that I have trained here in the USA for PPL-CPL. The last couple that have come to our school have had trouble getting leave from the airline to complete their training. Some are bidding their time off and mixing with vacation to come 1-2 months at a time to finish.

Ahmed Mousa
11th Jul 2009, 18:21
apslout right , its only for male flight attendant ,

MariamGAO
14th Jul 2009, 11:12
Dear Ahmed, I am Chinese, I have good experiences working in American Hospital in China as a flight Nurse, and since I am now living in Jedda,K.S.A. I am looking forward to joining the Saudi Airline to work as a flight attendant.I am confident that I have all the qualifications to do my work as professional FA, I feel lucky to have all the informations from you here this website, but I have no idea that how to apply for this job and make my dream ture. All your suggestions and instructions wil be hight appreciated, and you may directly contact me by my email [email protected] :) thanks , Shukarai :)

SanaKhan
11th Nov 2009, 12:54
Hey there,
I have been surfing your forums for a few days. I have gathered very useful information. I am 17 and Im Pakistani. I wanted to be cabin crew since childhood. Im waiting for myself to turn 18. Because every airline whether it is international or domestic, its age criteria for cabin crew is 18+. But As I am residing in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia so I am keenly interested in becoming cabin crew in Saudi Airlines. But the problem is that their age criteria for girls is 22 - 30. It would be way too harder for me to wait 4 years :(
I have decided that on turning 18, I shall join any domestic airlines as a cabin crew to gain experience. After having one year experience in domestic airlines I shall apply for international airlines. But still this age criteria disappoints me badly. Tell me what are other options for me? I want to join this job as early as possible.

Regards,
SanaKhan.

Ahmed Mousa
2nd Dec 2009, 13:07
i'm working for saudi arabian airlines and they still asking for more femail flight attendant because they just bought a new 75 aircraft .. shaaaaaaaaame !!

Ahmed Mousa
2nd Dec 2009, 13:09
frankly no other option :{

mutt
2nd Dec 2009, 13:12
Ahmed, make that 90 aircraft :):)

SanaKhan.... 22????? I dont think so, i have met many 19 year olds, so approach them and see what happens.

Mutt

lili2929
8th Dec 2009, 10:53
Do they recruit local western european cabin crew ?
What are their requirements of recruitment ? Age, height, marital statut... ?

asmaa fathi
9th Dec 2009, 17:14
hello iam asma and i want to know further information about how to become an air hosstess

please ahmed can you tell me how to apply in your company

Ahmed Mousa
9th Dec 2009, 23:12
well, 'til now they just give this chance to these nationalities .
morocco
tunis
algere
egypt
turkey
serya
jordan
or palastin with jordanian passport
kazakhestan
india
pakistan
bangladish
philippen
indonesia

hope not forgetten any country ,,

Putri PW
25th Dec 2009, 03:39
hi everyone...i'm indonesian. would u mind to give me the exact information about how to join the recruitment for flight attendant in Saudi Arabian Airlines. :ok:

Yasir
8th Jan 2010, 03:36
wow kool..i wasn't expecting Pakistan or India, but very good :), i can apply now :ok:...but now i am going for Jet2.com selection day which is on 15th Can't wait :oh:

fingers crossed guys!! :)

moongoddess25
9th Jan 2010, 20:16
hi!
I recently went to submit my CV in Manila, for Saudi Airlines. I was done with the initial assessment and said to wait for further instructions within the next few weeks.

I simply want to know more about how SaudiA is as an employer, and what are the cabin crew benefits, please.

Lastly, how does the employment process takes place and how long?

Thank you so much! :)

daiski_20
11th Jan 2010, 08:17
hi, is there really an opening for saudi arabian airlines? thank you

nonodesimo
11th Jan 2010, 11:02
I didnt see they choose any chinese(yet)?i think if you are good english speaker and nice grooming and worked before in service industry,may they will recreuit chinese?i checked their website these days,no info abt opening-day

Kristel
19th Jan 2010, 07:23
@moongodess25
hi.. I'm also a Filipina and I'm interested in becoming a part of Saudia Airlines but then i don't know where i can pass my CV.. can you help me on that?.. where in Manila did you submit your CV?.. ..Thanks!!:)

sezai1984
30th Jan 2010, 12:36
Its big shame that Saudi Airlines Dont employ male cabin crew.
They sometimes come to Turkey and recruit However everytime they come here they advert in newspapers that they are just looking for female attedants here..
I dont know why..:eek:

mutt
31st Jan 2010, 16:43
I dont know why.. Easy answer is that they have enough Saudi males interested in the job, they arent permitted to hire Saudi females, hence the requirement to hire foreigners......

Mutt

FlyBoy1983
24th Feb 2010, 20:59
My friend is planning to apply for Saudia, but she is wondering about the salary, how much do the cabin crew at Saudia earn per month?

brooke_lyn85
16th Mar 2010, 03:28
H! do you guys know when are they hiring FAs here in the Philippines for this year? :ok:I really wanna apply as a cabin crew for this airline. Please keep me informed. Tnx:O:O here is my e-mail [email protected]

tiba
24th Mar 2010, 18:06
Hi. I flew with saudi arabian airlines as a cabin crew for 10 years and i had a fantastic time!! Of course there were several tough days. But i met some incredible people from all ova the world of all age groups. I have walked away from there with friends for life. The job is not easy but as long as you are willing to work hard, it can get quite rewarding. The salary varies according to your seniority and salary grade. But you can safely start off with approx $1500 US. Cash in hand. You dont pay taxes. You dont pay rent. You dont pay for utilities. All you pay for is your own personal expenses. That is pretty decent amount to start with. Of course you need to be really focussed and start saving from day one and you will manage to keep aside a sizeable amount when you choose to quit. But and thats only a BUT if you are determined to. Else its all too easy to head to the souk and blow it all up in one shot!!!

You get aprrox 5 days off in a month and one month off in a year. In a “reserve” or standby month you can get about 8 days off. You can use these days to travel or stay back in the kingdom. Yes there is a curfew in the compound you live in. You have to be bak approx by 1 am now i believe and you are allowed to leave again by 6 am now i believe. In my time it was midnight curfew and 7 am allowed back out.

The only social life you going to have is the one you make. So depending on the people you meet and choose to hang out with, you could either be partying hard!! Yes partying hard or you spend some lovely days at the beaches or you just remain housebound. Its your choice. You can either use this job to earn your money and save up hard and party/holiday in your time off in your home country or elsewhere or you can just blow it all up in shopping etc. Again your choice.

Jeddah is not a bad place to live in. Besides you are hardly there. The little time you have there is mostly used to rest and do your chores and you are back out again. Its does get a little a bitchy amongst the gals but so long as you do your job and do it well...trust me, people around you will appreciate that and you wont really get much shyte coming your way. The most important thing here is that you want to be a cabin crew and you understand what the job entails and you can perform it well. If you are going to use this job to find a new boyfriend/husband or look for greener pastures, you might be in for a rude shock. Not to say that you dont meet some great people to date. You do and some of you may even marry them...))))

But yes, you do have to work your butt off. Which you will do elsewhere as well. And you will pick up skills that will help you with the rest of your life. Good luck to all those that choose to head there.
:ok:

jetstreamhoney
30th Mar 2010, 09:48
Hi Tiba,

Do you think there is any chance that Saudia will start recruiting female cabin crew from the UK again?

lili2929
30th Mar 2010, 14:00
Unfortunatly for us, I don't think SV would recruit any west european cabin crew or at least you are already in Saudi !
If i manage to get in touch with the HR department while in Jeddah i will let you know.

tiba
30th Mar 2010, 20:03
Hi. I dont think they are actively recruiting from the UK right now but if you are interested in the middle east then, i know that Emirates is recruiting quite heavily. In fact they have an Assessment day coming up in the UK for April 8. Why dont you check their website and register for it? Also Qatar and Etihad are recruiting as well. They are all equally good airlines to work for and pose none of the restrictions that SV might have for you.

jetstreamhoney
30th Mar 2010, 21:30
Hi Tiba,
Thanks. I had interview with Qatar and still waiting for response. Have also sent application to Emirates waiting to see if they will invite me to AD. I don't think Etihad have any events in the UK in the near future but will keep my eyes out. Was particularly interested in SV as my mum was cabin crew with them and my dad pilot and grew up in Jeddah, so was keen to go back. I know there is lots of restrictions, but Qatar also is pretty strict with cabin crew, Emirates not so much.

celestina
31st Mar 2010, 12:18
Hi!

What is the minimum height requirement to be a stewardess for SV?

Some airlines advertise that their minimum height requirement is 5"2 and 212cms arm reach.

Thanks.

theh3
6th Apr 2010, 16:39
hello everybody

my name is lamiaa, I am Moroccan, I applied last year for flight attendant position in SAUDI ARABIAN AIRLINES but I was blocked in the medical check....this year I read that the strategy of recruitement in saudi airlines is changed, every 3 months they make new or different plan concerning criteria or countries to select from, besides they have electronic link to apply,,,so whether they keep the old form of application, that is application by post or they will accept only mail application??? we really dont know,,,,whether this year they hire from Morocco and egypt as usual or not....really no idea..........please if there is anyone of this forum members who can inform and help...we would be very greatful...
Your friend from Casablanca

jiney___
13th Apr 2010, 11:24
salam!!!!i just passed my cv last april 7 in the HR....he just told me that,he will call me...i called him last 2 days ago but he said not yet...i dont have an idea when he will call me...hope that my application will approved so that i can work in saudi arabian airlines soon....

yassmine.adel
23rd Apr 2010, 11:13
hi guyssssssssss please anyone help me i know that saudi arabia need flight attendant so i applied online but they didint answer its normal that they late or ...........?????????
i m from egypt anyone know when ll be there assesment day in egypt?????????

leeciennad
30th May 2010, 01:45
im from philippines. i just finished my medicals with saudia, our expected date of departure would be 2nd or 3rd week of june. I hope that this would really happen, there will gonna be a 4th batch as well. but the salary was not yet discussed by the agency. im still waiting for my royal brunei airways go signal for medical. does anyone here happens to know which airline offers a much bigger salary? thank you.

red_kite
6th Jun 2010, 12:44
Hi leeciennad! :)

Would you happen to know if SKILLS, or any other local agency, still accepts applicants for SV? My friend called SKILLS last weekend and a staff told her to just submit the required documents if she wants to apply. The staff did notstate if they're still pooling applicants though. I also wanted to ask about their hiring process, if it's similar to EK or QR open and assessment days. SKILLS website does not show the job ad for SV either. Hope you can assist me with my concern. Any help will be truly appreciated. Wish you well! Thanks a bunch! :)

Khadidja
11th Jun 2010, 12:18
Hello everyone!
My name is Khadija from Morocco, and I am a newbie...
We all know that Saudi Arabian Airlines has changed through this year. Now they have an online application: http://sv.net/apps/ifsrec/
The same can be said about their requirements for this year:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Education Must have completed at least 2 years in a collage /university program Age Minimum accepted age is 21 years, maximum age is 30 years Height/Weight Minimum of (160cm), maximum (180 cm) with weight in proportion to height Swimming ability Able to swim at least 25 meters Language Fluency in written and spoken English is required , English level test from a reputable institute proving that the applicants has achieved a high intermediate level according to British Council scale. Fluency in other Languages is an advantage Health Medically fit to meet regulatory requirements Communication skills Excellent communication skills and a clear speaking voice Appearance and Personality Well presented, service oriented, confident, welcoming and friendly mannered. Pleasant personality tactful and assertive. Able to deal with difficult situations politely but firmly. excellent standards of grooming ,No teeth braces or visible tattoos while wearing uniform ,work well as part of a team

So, I am just wondering if their interview process has changed!?
Leeciennad, you said you passed the interview, can you tell us about it please! How did it go? what was 1st? did you have an English language level test? how many recruiters were there? what were the face-to-face interview questions...etc

leeciennad
12th Jun 2010, 01:58
Khadidja!

no english test needed here, and there's no written exam as well. i think it varies from one country over the other. it was a pure panel interview, 3 males and one woman. it lasted for like 30 mins. they're somehow strict with the height requirement, you should be 5"3 i think or 5"3 and three forth(i forgot)... first they will let you walk around the room.. (you should be very confident and poised) then they'll let you sit, questions are basic, resume based..previous work..why do you want to become a flight attendant.. so easy.. its not like qatar or emirates wherein the line of questions will show your personality which i think they are more after as well.. then they will let you stand, walk again..and thats it! always smile:) SUPER SMILE:)

mellymoo
12th Jun 2010, 08:21
just to give you more of an insight into Saudi Airlines as I was based there for 3 months.

Jeddah isnt so bad once you live there you kind of adjust to life there, you do have to wear an abaya and headscarf ( however we didnt wear them always in the souk). There is a big Indonesian and Phillipino community.

Speaking to Indonesian crew, some of them are based in Jakarta, and have to live in Jeddah maybe 5 times in a month. The acccommodation is shared bedrooms so alot of crew live with friends ( 2 girls to a room).

Girls can only get to a certain point in seniority they will never become Pursers or Cabin Seniors as this is for men only, so if you are prepared to go up the ranks this wont happen.

They do not recruit Western European cabin crew. Due to accommodation and requirements however do take crew from Eastern Europe and further afield.

I hope this gives a little more insight into SAA.

Khadidja
13th Jun 2010, 19:00
I am grateful for your answer

And yeah! Regardless of the country, Saudi Arabian Airlines never had any sort of English level test. I was just doubting if they have one now, since they "have changed".
(I tried Qatar Airways a couple of times & Emirates once... So, know what you're talking about.)
Concerning the height part, I'm eligible. They require 160cm & I'm more than that. Yet I need to fix my weight according to their weight/height chart (4kgs to be gained).

Thank you leeciennad, & good luck in everything

Adrianaabd
14th Jun 2010, 04:56
Hello,

I would like to know if Saudi Arabian airlines recruit any cabin crews from Malaysia? anyone knows regarding these matter? Thank you.

leeciennad
16th Jun 2010, 01:22
Adrianaabd,

hi! as per my friends who's having their training in jeddah now there is a new batch of bosnian's who just arrived.

Khadidja
16th Jun 2010, 11:39
Hello,
Leeciennad, I would like to know some dates please!
-when the interview was?
-when they told you that you were admitted?
-when the medical test was?
You said; you'll reach Jeddah by the 2nd or 3rd week of June. Did they fix your travel dates?
Also, if you applied online; did you receive a call from their hiring staff in order to attend the interview?

MANY THANKS!

Adrianaabd
18th Jun 2010, 05:06
Dear Leeciennad,

Do they hire Malaysians ?

leeciennad
20th Jun 2010, 12:33
there's a designated agency here in manila so i didnt apply online. i was part of the 4th batch (last batch suppose to be) who were suppose to leave 3rd week of june, then it was moved to june 29, however the agency told me that i am not included and i'm now part of the last batch. So sad because i'm now having a 2nd thought to grab the opportunity being offered by royal brunei airlines(but the salary is somehow low), since saudia has its reputation of you know letting the applicants wait for a long time before sending them to training, like last year they waited here for almost a year after all the medicals and everything. so im super torn. Like me, i applied march 27, that time i know that the first batch who will be selected will leave in a few weeks... after that i didn't get any call that i did pass, until may 18 they told me to have my medicals. and until now still waiting for my flight schedule. there are some who were just informed last june 2, i suppose she's part of the last batch as well..

1st batch, left april 18
2nd batch, may 12
3rd batch, may 26
4th batch, june 29
5th batch, uncertain:)

i dont know if they do hire in malaysia. just try to visit there website.

Khadidja
20th Jun 2010, 13:22
Thanks for the reply Leeciennad,
I am sorry to hear that you have to wait more. Anyway you were LUCKY to pass the interview this year... However there has been NO interviews in Morocco or in Egypt in 2010. Because there was people who passed their interviews in 2009 & didn't leave untill 2010, as you said.

red_kite
22nd Jun 2010, 02:20
Thank you for the information Leecienad. :)

I also learned from another forum that there are still a couple of passers who still do not know when they're leaving for Saudi. I recently knew about Skills agency pooling applicants for Saudia and the lady I spoke with told me Saudia employers might come this month for another batch of applicants they are screening. It's kind of unclear though if they're pooling people for future interviews or if it's for applicants queued for final interview already.

I have a friend who's been working for Saudia for almost 5 years now but I think it was different when she applied back then. I just wanted to ask though if you application was with Skills or with a different agency?

I hope that you get to leave soon! Will include you in my prayers. :)

PinayAko
22nd Jun 2010, 08:42
Hey! It's nice to see a lot of Pinays here! :ok:

I was supposed to have my Final interview last April but the recruiters suddenly left for emergency reason or something. They said they will come back this June. I really hope they do come back even next month.

red_kite: I applied at Skills and Principalia(?) I dunno what happened to the other agency. :suspect:

leeciennad, congratulations to you, hope you can leave soon. :)

red_kite
24th Jun 2010, 01:45
Hi PinayAko! :)

Yes, it's great to see fellow Pinays on this forum!

I just wanted to ask if the final interview you were supposed to undergo was with Skills? Did you hear about the placemeent fee hirees have to shoulder? I heard from another blog it was pretty steep.

I went to Skills to submit my application requirements three weeks ago as I only got to know about them pooling people for Saudia last week of May. The lady who attended to me said she does not know yet when the Arab employers will be in town to conduct interviews and that they're still waiting for further advise. I called Principalia before and I was told they already closed hiring for Saudia.

Hope to hear from you! Thanks a lot! :)

PinayAko
24th Jun 2010, 05:37
^
Yeah, It was w/ Skills. I really do hope the recruiters would come here soon. :)

hmm...What I find really weird about First Champion is I never heard anyone who got hired from that agency. :hmm:

Yes, I did hear about the placement fee, $900? That's what I heard, not sure though. Hope someone could confirm. I don't mind paying the fee as long as I'm sure to fly. :O

red_kite
25th Jun 2010, 14:21
:) Hey PinayAko!

How's it going? Any news yet on your interview? :)
I heard Skills aren't pooling applicants anymore? I guess they've got more than enough number of aspirants for screening already. Can you enlighten us more on how the hiring procedure goes with Skills?

I've to agree. If you're bound to fly with Saudia, you wouldn't mind paying for the placement fee.

All my best wishes for you!

PinayAko
25th Jun 2010, 16:49
^
No news yet, At least for me. :uhoh:
Ooh, I just remembered the name of the other agency, First Champion not Principalia. Have you tried it there? Anyway, do you read PEx? I just read some posts there that some people already got a call from 1st Champion. I noticed that I was not in Manila when they posted it. Maybe I should try to call them and ask about the status of my application.

What happened on my initial interview with Skills was:

We were called one by one to introduce ourselves in front of everybody. Some people were called to measure their heights afterwards. After that they will tell you if you would advance to the next stage. :)

Best wishes to you, too. Hope to fly w/ you soon! :ok:

red_kite
27th Jun 2010, 11:50
Hi there! Great to hear from you again! :)

I see. So after you got in, you automatically qualify for the next interview which is the final one? :) Geeze, I hope they contact you soon for your next ordeal with the employers. :)

Were there lots of applicants who went with you during the first part of the screening?

Yes, I do check out PEx from time to time as well. And no, I didn't try with First Champion. But based on PEx's recent entries, Skills agency sends the most number of hirees to Saudi or I might be wrong. I once saw on POEA portal the number of job order Skills has for Saudia. It's 88. So if we're looking at 5 batches flying for Saudia, wow that's almost 20 passers per batch. That is, if there's going to be just 5 groups of qualifiers all in all. I hope they hire more people though! :)

Hey, hope you can tell me more about your final interview soon! :) All the best to you and yes, hope to fly with you in the near future! :)

Take care! :)

Lightning Mate
27th Jun 2010, 14:30
If you like being treated like dirt, living in a compound with one other person with no social life then have a ball, but don't say I did not warn you!

I flew there for five years and couldn't agree more.

mutt
27th Jun 2010, 18:39
no social life Its easy to have a social life you have the right personality.

Mutt

lili2929
27th Jun 2010, 19:09
I can't imagine people having no social life in a compound !

daiski_20
28th Jun 2010, 12:32
hi skills called me also for final interview last april but unfortunately, there was some kind of an emergency so they needed to go back to jeddah on that same day. We were so dissapointed because werent able to go through the final interview but they promised that they will come back this month. But I havent heard from them, my friend belongs to the last batch, and she's still here. According to her they are scheduled to leave first week of July but no exact date yet and apparently their schedule of departure keep on changing. She informed me that according to Skills' office, employers will be coming back. BUT since my sister is a flight attendant at saudi arabian airlines, according to Jeddah office, there are no slots available at the moment. :(

red_kite
29th Jun 2010, 12:51
Hi daiski_20!

I am so sorry to hear about the situation you're in right now. Did you try calling Skills to confirm it with them? I would experience having somewhat of a difficult time speaking to their telephone operator. Most of the time it would feel like the person at the other end of the line is not just so enthusiastic about doing her job. :}

Anyhow, if that's the case then perhaps Skills can inform the remaining batches about holding their final interviews. Too bad though if there really is no opening for Saudia right now. :( But they should, at the very least, keep you posted about the status of your interview, right?

PinayAko
30th Jun 2010, 14:57
Hey everyone!

I've also heard of this rude telephone operator. Ugh!

I see. So after you got in, you automatically qualify for the next interview which is the final one? :) Geeze, I hope they contact you soon for your next ordeal with the employers.

Yes, that's correct! Yes. I hope so too! :)

Were there lots of applicants who went with you during the first part of the screening?

Yup, over a hundred on that day alone. The agency was really packed that day. some girls didn't even get to seat.

daiski_20, Oh I see we're in the same situation. I really hope they'd come back soon. I'm also praying for it too. Yeah, please keep us posted. :)

mutt
1st Jul 2010, 18:29
Present recruitment is from Eastern Europe, mostly Moslem countries.

Mutt

leeciennad
3rd Jul 2010, 13:45
heya! are you a cabin crew of SV? do you know if they still need more crew this year? im part of the last batch here in the phils.we're 15 left. and im so anxious, i have so many what ifs,,,, because i have my RBA's job offer as well..im super torn which one to choose, but rba offers a lower salary...i dont know if i should still wait for my saudia..but im really rooting for it..its just that i cant afford to wait knowing that at the end we're waiting for nothing.

mutt
4th Jul 2010, 08:00
are you a cabin crew of SV Nope....

They are always recruiting, but it depends on the "country du jour".....

If i was you I would take the first job that "is in your hand"....

Mutt

leeciennad
4th Jul 2010, 09:53
Thank you. You just made me realized. :)

daiski_20
4th Jul 2010, 12:49
hi mutt

Do you think they will ever come back to the Philippines? I was one of the applicants left hanging for the final interview. They promised to come back last month, but they didn't.

Maha Omar
5th Jul 2010, 04:00
[TEXT SPEAK]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of this forum.

gentza
6th Jul 2010, 07:33
I worked for QR for almost 3 1/2 years as a senior ground crew. I have resigned and LWD is on 19th July. Are there any hiring for CC in Manila?
Please let me know. I want to apply for Etihad, particularly, but if there are other choices please let me know.

Thank you all.

Gentza

leeciennad
13th Jul 2010, 05:44
Thank god we're leaving on thursday, we were just informed yesterday(Monday noon)..barely 3 days to prepare for everything..then training will start on saturday...:cool: God bless everybody...

bcharmae
15th Jul 2010, 03:00
[TEXT SPEAK]

PinayAko
15th Jul 2010, 08:48
Congrats, leeciennad! So happy for you, girl! :ok:

And good news, Filipinas...they're hiring again. Here's the link of the details! Work Abroad - FLIGHT ATTENDANT jobs in KSA, Saudi Arabia (http://www.workabroad.ph/report_job_listing.php?ajid=414705&utm_source=WA+Jobs&utm_medium=job+details&utm_campaign=job_details)

id_seno
17th Jul 2010, 16:41
Hi there...

I would like to know why there's no more recruitment for Indonesian cabin Crew for SV..i was applied about 1 month ago but some friends told me that would be never recruiting anymore..Is that right ?? :sad:..I am very interesting to work for SV..

Sajane
25th Jul 2010, 12:00
Hi there! I'm new here. I have a question re Saudi Arabian Airlines' website, seems so difficult to apply on-line. Problem is we can't undergo a Final Interview without applying on-line....do we have any option?....help.

PinayAko
25th Jul 2010, 14:52
^Hi! I've read somewhere that you need to use 'Internet Explorer' as a browser for you to access the site. Good luck! :)

daiski_20
26th Jul 2010, 04:00
Am done with my screening yesterday. And I have the same problem, I actually applied last april but now I couldn't access my account. They are sending me blank username.

PinayAko
26th Jul 2010, 06:47
^Hi! I thought you were for the final interview already? Did they call you? They asked you to be screened again? :confused: Were you able to finish the initial screening last april?

I'm a bit worried, so I called Skills last week, they told me I don't have to attend the screening again and just wait if I'll be called for the Final Interview. I do hope they'd call me. :sad:

daiski_20
1st Aug 2010, 09:55
Hi Pinayako, i went to skills 2 weeks ago to personally asked about the status of my previous application, since I was left hanging for the final interview. Then they asked me to re-submit my documents and wait for their call for my initial screening. Sat came and I didnt receive any call from them so my sister and I went to skills last sunday and asked about my application. They seemed to have lost my files, again. But they apologized and were kind enough to search for it. Then they immediately asked me to proceed to the next floor for my initial interview. A supervisor from Saudia is the one conducting the screening. After asking me questions, she asked me to apply online and that was it. The employers should have conducted the final interview last july 27-31 but they had to resched. And I heard that they are no longer accepting resumes but am not sure. Try to call skills again.

Clawe
7th Aug 2010, 10:38
Hi!!! does anyone here knows where the recruitment office of saudi arabian airline here in manila or any other international airline that I can try.... =) I want to be a flight attendant.... :O

PinayAko
14th Aug 2010, 00:18
What a week!

Sunday - Final Interview
Tuesday - Medicals (they said they're satisfied w/ the results.)
Wednesday - Orientation
Thursday - Submission of documents for Visa processing, I think.

...and now we wait. :)

187 successful applicants were hired here in the Philippines. Most, were ex-crews of local airlines. They said 2 batches will be deployed by the end of the month.

fallen_angel
17th Aug 2010, 07:17
I saw some job postings on net about Saudi Air's hiring.. Im planning to submit my CV some time now.. Im just not sure if it's still open until now.. Any idea? Thanks so much :)

PinayAko
18th Aug 2010, 15:16
^
Oh! You just missed their hiring. The interviewers already left last week. You may try QR, they have Open Day in Manila this weekend. :)

Update: Some of the new hires will be leaving on the 25th already. I tried calling the agency if I already have an schedule to leave yet, but they said they'll just notify me. :ugh:

Ashiya21
20th Aug 2010, 09:52
Hi guys.. I want to apply as FA in Saudi Arabian Airlines.. but I.m afraid because I'm not fluent in speaking in English.. Just want to know what are the qualifications of Saudia Airlines?.. Is it need to be a college graduate? thank you.

mutt
20th Aug 2010, 10:01
Judging by what you wrote, your level of English is sufficient. But why on earth do you want to join this airline?

If the rumor is true, over 400 female flight attendants resigned last month due to changes in their rostering conditions which impacted their days off and salary.

Mutt

Fiona82
20th Aug 2010, 11:44
why don't you try etihad or emirates? :ok:

Ashiya21
20th Aug 2010, 13:12
Thanks for the suggestion.. :) Are you a flight attendant?.. from what Airline?..

But sometimes if I'm talking to someone I really missed what I'm gonna say.. That's why I don't have the confidence to try to apply in high class airlines.. My aunt told me that I can easily get through in Saudia airlines.. Really?.. thanks for the info..Where you from?.. Are you a flight attendant?..

mutt
21st Aug 2010, 15:33
I don't have the confidence to try to apply in HIGH class airlines...I can easily get through in Saudia airlines. :{:{:{:{:{:{:{ so we aren't considered a high class airline, how sad.

Good luck with your quest.

Mutt

lili2929
22nd Aug 2010, 10:05
That's why I don't have the confidence to try to apply in high class airlines..My aunt told me that I can easily get through in Saudia airlines..

What a funny idea !

Saudi arabian airline cabin crew requirements is as high as any middle east airlines !

Fiona82
24th Aug 2010, 18:16
Hi Ashiya, I'll be a flight attendant soon. I am about to join etihad. Just believe that the UAE is more "Open" than Saudi Arabia. Take that in consideration. Apply online or go to an Open day. Just try!

RavenLulu
31st Aug 2010, 22:44
Hi Guys!
New member here. I was wondering if anyone knows how Saudi Arabian Airlines recruit here in the middle east. I am based in Kuwait, do they have plans to come here in the future?

jetflyger
10th Sep 2010, 09:08
Happy to see that SV has employed ex-Jalways cabin attendants from the Philippines !

fallen_angel
10th Sep 2010, 12:21
How did you know? Anyway, do have any idea if SV's still recruiting crews from the Philippines? :) Thanks :)

mutt
11th Sep 2010, 14:01
How did you know? Word gets around fast :):):)

Mutt

PinayAko
11th Sep 2010, 16:45
SV also hired 20+ senior crews from our local airline, Cebu Pacific. All of them just resigned there last week.

2 batches from the Phils already left for training. Batch 3's supposed flight last thursday was postponed, though. I hope I'll be a part of batch 4 and get to leave soon. :O

fallen_angel
12th Sep 2010, 09:19
@ Mutt: Yeah. :)

@ Pinayako: That's nice. I wanna call skills now. Just that Im not sure if the agency's open on a sunday. I hope they are still hiring. :)

FlyNiki
14th Oct 2010, 00:17
Hi Mutt! :)

I'm also in a bit of situation!

I'm turning 20 this November but I want to apply as soon as next year starts.

May i ask if this is possible?

I saw on the site of the recruitment agency that a requirement is 21. :o

I would have to wait another year, and quite frankly, I don't want to bum around at that time.

Thank you :)

FlyNiki
14th Oct 2010, 01:15
BTW!
For all my fellow Filipinas here, Skills is currently holding screenings for Flight Attendants but I only found out today :( And the last day for applying is also today :( Keep checking the website workabroad.ph:ok:

leeciennad
29th Oct 2010, 10:02
I am so curious about you. Im now here in Jeddah and yeah you're right, there are a lot of hostesses who'll gonna resign at the end of the month. Anyway, have you heard about the rumors that saudia will gonna give us flying pay and that they'll gonna hire steward from other countries specially from Philippines?

mutt
31st Oct 2010, 18:28
I am so curious about you. Curiosity is bad for you :):)

I would be surprised if the government granted visas for foreign males to work as FA's as there is an abundant supply of Saudi nationals suitably qualified for the position.

Mutt

MAD MACHINE
17th Nov 2010, 20:00
hi, can you please tell me if SA is recruiting male cabin crew with experience, from different nationalities beside saudi nationals. Regards

flygirlwannabe
23rd Nov 2010, 03:05
when will SV be back here in the PI? i have submitted my docs to skills, but they said they're still not sure weather SV would hire by the end of December or January?? hmm.... any experiences with skills?? are they strict with the weight?? please give a heads up. thanks loads!:ok::ok:

flowerdragon
24th Nov 2010, 17:15
[TEXT SPEAK]

flowerdragon
25th Nov 2010, 03:57
[TEXT SPEAK]

improudtobefilipina
25th Nov 2010, 14:15
hi.. i want to apply fo saudia,, i have a question, Are they still hiring young ladies like me? im only 19, 5'6.. weight idk.. are they too strict?:eek:

do you need to have passport with you already?becasue i dont have passport , because my friend told me that SAUDIA will help applicants to get their needed documents in expedite after you get hired, but the passport processing now here in ph is really complicated.. :ugh:

sleepingbeauty87
4th Dec 2010, 01:57
hi!! :):):) i would just like to ask, does anyone here knows when will the expected date for saudia airlines to recruit here in the philippines? thank you so much! :D

improudtobefilipina
6th Dec 2010, 13:22
that would be on december 22..

sleepingbeauty87
7th Dec 2010, 06:30
[TEXT SPEAK]

doriradulescu
11th Dec 2010, 23:19
[TEXT SPEAK]

annie elz
16th Dec 2010, 15:41
[TEXT SPEAK]

doczoya
19th Dec 2010, 15:38
[TEXT SPEAK]

flygirlwannabe
20th Dec 2010, 04:51
are you sure?! how did you know that SV would be hiring on the 22nd here in the PI?? same agency?? skills??

TIA

improudtobefilipina
22nd Dec 2010, 17:40
tia

yup same agency.. idk, but it was moved on to first week of January.. but i dnt want to give the exact date anymore becasue im not sure the schedule is changing.. now im still waiting for the call again.. :ugh:

hahamong
4th Jan 2011, 12:45
Hello=)

i wanted to know how to apply for saudi arabia airlines but i don't know how to do it;
is it via the website too? or you put your cv in some agency?
i'm so lost on their website that's why i'm asking
thank you for help =)

Jasmeetkaur18789
14th Jan 2011, 00:32
[TEXT SPEAK]

pani
16th Jan 2011, 07:31
Hi there, I just want to know how and where could i passed my CV for a cabin crew position in Saudi Arabian Airlines and I still have braces on me do you think there would be a possibility for me to get hired? thanks

Rose G.
17th Jan 2011, 12:50
I am new on this forum and just like everyone, I have been wanting to become a flight attendant since I graduated. I temporarily left my work with a cruise line so I can have my teeth fixed with braces and the cruise line doesn't allow braces too. My main goal is to prepare myself for this flight attendant thing. Now, I still have my braces on but I can have them removed any day now to start my work again with my previous cruise company. I am thinking twice about boarding the cruise to pursue my dream of becoming a flight attendant. You can imagine how in real rush I am at the moment 'cause I can say that I'll be leaving in roughly a month's time. Is there anyone here who can provide me valuable information on the agencies hiring for international airlines such as saudi airlines? Etihad airways? let's see if we can change our destiny and become who we want ourselves to be in the near future. . All the best and good luck to everyone.

clarixsofly
6th Feb 2011, 02:51
Hi to all Fa aspirants... I just want to answer those quires regarding SV's recruitment in Philippines in 2011... I'm one those who made it Saudia Air last August 2010 and now we're still here, waiting for the flight schedule... Batch 6 has already left last Nov.. and yet, we're still waiting for the golden call.... we had finished are medicals last Nov by the way and most of us(Batch7) are now FIT TO FLY... our medicals are about to expire and SKILLS Agency said that we would be deployed to Saudi the time SV employers are about to come here in Philippines... OMG, it's been 6 mos. since we had are final interviews and 3mos since we were given the medical referral... So for all of us who have been waiting, just give it a minute or an hour for a sincere prayer and keep inquiring to Skills agency for an update... The last time they told us (Batch7) that we might be deployed in the 4th week of Feb since SV employers will come to Pinas for another set of batches.. Hope it's real!!! Fingers crossed girls! Inshalla!!:ok:

Hi Mutt! we were advised by SV that we are on stand by right now.. it's been 6 mos. since we had our Final interviews and orientation... and 3 mos. and counting since we had our medicals... Would you know how long we need to wait? Thank you

Farrell
6th Feb 2011, 04:38
clarixsofly

Sorry to cut across Mutt, but you will wait as long as it takes for them to decide what they want to do with you all.

Six months, three months, a week - these are not accurate assessments in this region. They are just words to be used to get you to go away and stop bothering staff.

No one really knows how long you will have to wait.
It is frustrating as all hell I know.
But after you have spent a few years here you will be at Olympic standard for dealing with frustration.

Ingat ka :)

clarixsofly
11th Feb 2011, 11:17
you're absolutely right... our batch has just paid a lot like more or less Php 5000 for the medical and their requirements and yet, there's no any advise.... I hope we're not waiting for nothing.. it's really a damn frustrating for us to be in this kind of situation.. almost everyone in our family knows that we're about to go there... =((
Anyway, thanks for your reply =)) Do you work for Saudia Airlines? Are you pinoy?

Farrell
14th Feb 2011, 04:19
Clarix.....

Are you and your batch-mates doing this through a recruitment agent?
I get the feeling that you might be getting taking for ride here.
Classic agency tactic in Phils is to "recruit" you and then sit back and wait for vacancies to occur at SV......but SV coming to have a look at your CVs and interview you is no guarantee for your job.

Phils is almost as bad as India for kabayon screwing each other over.

sleepingbeauty87
23rd Feb 2011, 17:07
[TEXT SPEAK]

mutt
24th Feb 2011, 02:31
Farrell, I believe in the Philippines, things must go through an agency. You will see the name "Skills" mentioned a number of times in here.

Clarixsofly, I'm sorry but I dont have any answers for you, we don't know when people will show up until they arrive.

Good luck and I hope that they dont keep you waiting much longer.

Mutt

sleepingbeauty87
24th Feb 2011, 05:59
[TEXT SPEAK]

cley_babe
14th Mar 2011, 10:05
Hi everyone,

does anybody have an idea when Saudia Airlines will be hiring here in the Philippines? thanks!

Nortel
16th Mar 2011, 12:14
For Ahmed Musa.

I want some information for Saudi Airlines. I am working with Management Organisation from 5+ years as sr. Executive Database. So will i get a job in Database field in Saudi Airlines. Kindly Revert me.

meinthesky
22nd Apr 2011, 19:22
what other airlines are hiring in this philippines this coming may/june?

please post...

sleepingbeauty87
8th May 2011, 09:50
[TEXT SPEAK]

jessylarbiol
8th May 2011, 19:13
Hi i would really like to be a flight attendant in that company. I'd like to ask if they are hiring for this particular position? And do have any idea how I can do so? thank you so much!:)

Schems
9th May 2011, 04:53
They hire in Morocco too? Where can I check their upcoming? Cause I'm in canada right now and leaving for Morocco this summer, so... i could like to try with Saudia.

Any news please??

Khadidja
9th May 2011, 11:27
Normally, when they are about to come to Morocco, they publish an announcement in "Le Matin" newspaper. At that moment, the application delivery will be to their office in Casablanca at this address:
30, avenue de l'Armée Royale, 13ème étage
20000 - Casablanca, Maroc.

If you can read Arabic, check this link for recruitment news concerning Morocco/Egypt: ãäÊÏì ÇáÊæÙíÝ - ãäÊÏì ÇáÑÍÇáÉ ÍæíãÖ Çááíãæäí (http://laymony.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=44)

vicky_ph2003
10th May 2011, 06:27
Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I am now reading all your posted messages. I'm actually doing this for my sister who is really aspiring to become a flight attendant. I'd like to help her in any way i can. I was just wondering how the job interview conducted by Saudi Arabian Airlines is. What are the typical questions asked? What are the things you need to keep in mind once you are already there? Your tips and advice would really be of great help.

I have read that mostly SV hires those from the Arab countries and from the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia. What about Koreans? my sister has a friend who also wants to apply for SV.

Thanks so much. hope you post...;)

sleepingbeauty87
10th May 2011, 11:45
hi, are they hiring already?:O

mimi277
17th May 2011, 10:51
hi do you know when the saudi airline coming to morocco ???????

mimi277
17th May 2011, 16:21
i apply online but they send me message that my candidature was rejected because my education i dont know why i was working for morocco airline
it s possible to apply direct

Sheer-luck
18th May 2011, 00:32
What's the link to apply online ?
Thanks

fallen_angel
18th May 2011, 06:15
How did you apply online? There's this some kind of net connection error.. idk. :suspect: Cant seem to apply online. :uhoh:

mimi277
18th May 2011, 19:48
how can i apply if the link doesnt work :bored:

fallen_angel
19th May 2011, 08:58
[TEXT SPEAK]

Khadidja
19th May 2011, 16:47
Hello girls
the application website can be opened via "Internet Explorer" alone.
Saudi Arabian Airlines - Career (http://sv.net/apps/IFSrec/#)

AlexS
25th May 2011, 08:41
The next recruitment will be conducted in prague, Ukraine, Latvia as it is on the facebook.

amEr bam
9th Jun 2011, 21:53
[TEXT SPEAK]

myriamflight
12th Jun 2011, 10:46
hello,please how can I apply for saudia arabia as a flight attendant,I have my diploma of CSS (security and cafety certificate)and diploma of firts aid and I can speak english well + fI rench,german and turkish (just a little bit) I love this company soooo much

emjey
12th Jun 2011, 14:58
:D

Position : Female Flight Attendants (SAUDIA) Job Category : Airline, Travel & Tourism Principal : Saudi Arabian Airlines (SAUDIA) Work Location : Jeddah , Saudi Arabia Date Posted : Jun 09, 2011 Job Details Qualifications:

Female
21 to 30 years old
At least 2 years of college education
Minimum height of 160 cm.
Weight should be proportionate to height
Fluency in written and spoken English
One whole body picture (size 4R wearing business attire – corporate coat over blouse & knee-level skirt / hair tied and pulled away from face), light-blue background taken by a professional photographer and one piece passport size photograph.

All applicants must apply in person for pre-screening at the IPAMS Main Office,
1455 Leon Guinto Sr. St., Malate, Manila

Please also come in proper business attire - corporate coat over blouse & knee-level skirt / hair tied and pulled away from face

girls here in manila...maybe ill go to the agency next week...anyone who will try this week please share how the screening goes..thank you.;)

sleepingbeauty87
13th Jun 2011, 06:19
hi girls... i just went to the interview... there are 3 stages

emjey
13th Jun 2011, 12:12
girl, please share to us what happened,,,,:O please.......thank you

shenzen01
13th Jun 2011, 15:48
hows the screening for saudia in Ipams?

monasonu
14th Jun 2011, 07:40
Hi,
I am from India. I have Cleared my Interivew Rounds for Saudi Airlines but After Medicals I didnt Receive any Call for Joining. I tried To call them but didnt Get any Response. I have Done final Round in December 2010, and Medicals too. So should i forget about it or i Dont know what to do. Please Guide.

Iram
14th Jun 2011, 12:39
Hi mona,
Did you get any informaion on whether you have cleared the medical or not?
Which agency did you go through for interview?

sleepingbeauty87
15th Jun 2011, 18:00
yes, first you have to pass your cv, they will check for your height and weight. the second stage was like an initial interview, she will tell u if you're weight is proportioned to ur height cause if not, they wont let u pursue to the nxt stage which is stage 3, tough one, i have to say... dun ung parang final interview before the delegates.. wala p nmn dw kasi delegates. g'luck girls. balitaan nyo ako a? they are really very particular about height and weight... Godbless you,

fallen_angel
16th Jun 2011, 03:03
did you apply last monday? i see.. i know someone who went through the same stages as you are. thanks for the info. anyway, how will you know that you're shortlisted for the F.I.? :)

sleepingbeauty87
16th Jun 2011, 14:55
[TEXT SPEAK]

Iram
22nd Jun 2011, 12:32
hi dear
yes i gave my medicals on the may 31st, but still waiting for the schedule...

Iram
22nd Jun 2011, 12:35
Hi Dear,

Did you get a call from then?
Any idea when they are going to schedule you?
Please reply soon...

fallen_angel
24th Jun 2011, 08:37
Sleepingbeauty: Thanks for the info. :ok:

Iram: Hi! If i may ask how's the recruitment process? Is it assessment-initial interview-english exam-group discussion-final interview-type of recruitment? Thanks in advance.. congrats! :D

ghie09
27th Jun 2011, 06:53
[TEXT SPEAK]

Iram
27th Jun 2011, 11:50
fallenangel: 1st of all thanks a lot...
there is no written test or english test...they just check your personality and communication, thats it....
1st they will take your weight and height if you qualify and your weight is in proportion to your height then there will be a simple interview wherein they just judge you on personality, communication and friendliness...you should always smile, then if you are shortlisted there will be a medical examination....which is the final stage....
all the best:ok:

i am still waiting for the schedule...:rolleyes:

fallen_angel
28th Jun 2011, 12:25
I see... so if you qualify from the assessment then you would be called for another interview.. which seems to me like a final interview already. hmmmm :)

I hope you get your medical clearance soon. :D

Iram
28th Jun 2011, 14:36
hi dear,
i have already cleared my medicals,
just waiting.......
it is so stressfull:(

minnie mei
3rd Jul 2011, 14:42
hi there. i will going to have my initial screening week. is IPAMS really particular on height and weight to be proportion? because im UNDERWEIGHT. can somebody help me?

Sparkf
4th Jul 2011, 08:29
[TEXT SPEAK]

sleepingbeauty87
5th Jul 2011, 04:29
[TEXT SPEAK]

nournemo
5th Jul 2011, 11:39
hello all...please i want to apply to work as flight attendant on Saudi airlines but i don't know how and actually i tried their site but its not working well.can any one help me.

nournemo
5th Jul 2011, 11:41
[TEXT SPEAK]

funkygurl
9th Jul 2011, 22:22
is there any body from Egypt?
i am from Alexandria and just have been told that i have Ideal W and H
and i am supposed to wait for the call of FI
any body else?
and does any body have information about the FI kind of questions?
thanks alot

funkygurl
13th Jul 2011, 07:13
Hi
i would like to ask anybody about the kind of questions in the FI of Saudia Arabia?
thanks

loloegypt
14th Jul 2011, 17:06
[TEXT SPEAK]

sleepingbeauty87
19th Jul 2011, 08:26
[TEXT SPEAK]

monasonu
5th Aug 2011, 16:38
[TEXT SPEAK]

Rhey
16th Aug 2011, 06:23
Dear All,

I need help. I am really interested in becoming a Cabin Crew. I am currently staying in Riyadh, KSA. I tried applying online and calling the office but didnt receive any replies yet. Do you know whom I should contact? and other where abouts.

Thank You.

fallen_angel
21st Aug 2011, 15:06
Why dont you try walking-in directly to jeddah office? i think it would be better that way. anyway, riyadh is not that far from jeddah right? all the best! :ok:

Mohammad Obaid Sidd.
29th Aug 2011, 16:21
Salaam everyone ! does saudia take non-saudi males for flight attendants??
if yes then i'd really love to join this airline.
please help

mutt
29th Aug 2011, 22:28
does saudia take non-saudi males for flight attendants?? No they do not.

Mutt

Mohammad Obaid Sidd.
30th Aug 2011, 13:30
can you tell me why ?
i saw a video of a filipino fa (male) on board saudi airlines

flybyevery1
31st Aug 2011, 15:53
Yeah I think they are hiring non saudis but they are just discreet about it. don't know why.

monasonu
17th Sep 2011, 07:40
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

monasonu
17th Sep 2011, 07:41
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

mutt
17th Sep 2011, 09:40
Yeah I think they are hiring non saudis but they are just discreet about it You are wrong, remember that they have to get work visas and with the level of unemployed males, they aren't granted visas for male flight attendants.

i saw a video of a filipino fa (male) on board saudi airlines Do you know what an average Saudi looks like? It was either an old video or he was Saudi with a Filipino heritage.

Mutt

MsKatt
19th Sep 2011, 02:51
Salam! I applied here in the Philippines as Flight Attendant. I specifically applied at IPAMS agency. I already passed the initial screening. But we have been waiting for the schedule for out final assessment. The agency said that it is to be scheduled yet by the Saudi Arabian Airlines recruiting team. Do you have any idea about how long will it take for us to wait before the delegates will arrive? Is this normal? I mean, has anyone here applied for the said airline and also waited for a relatively long amount of team before the recruiting team arrived? Thank you.

asma el-dahshan
21st Sep 2011, 17:10
i would like to work as a flight attendant in saudi arabian airlines and i live nw in egypt and my family in ksa what should i do :rolleyes: to work in a cabin crew or where should i put my c.v

FlyNiki
28th Sep 2011, 07:52
@MsKatt,

Hello! Kamusta! I also want to apply for Saudia, sadly that opportunity had passed already. :( May I ask what processes did you go through for the initial screening? Thank you!

MsKatt
28th Sep 2011, 09:43
Hello there! First I submitted my CV on IPAMS agency. they checked my weight and height. the guy who checked my Height and weight chatted me up. I guess that's where they start to check for you personality, appearance etc..They are pretty strict with the height and weight proportion. they even gave me a month to reduce my weight!:hmm:

after that I was called for a series interviews. there were 2 phases to be exact. The 1st one was pretty tough (for me, because it was my first time! ever!) then the lady told me that I would go through another phase of interview. It was easier. after that, the lady told me that they would send me an email in case I'll be shortlisted. and Fortunately I was :) Now, I am still waiting for the final assessment. It's been 2 months now. :confused::hmm::ugh:

Hey, why did you say your opportunity had passed? Its never too late! I think IPAMS is still accepting applicants!!! Are you from the Philippines? :ok:

mhico
28th Sep 2011, 09:59
hi mskat.. read your post.. i also heard about IPAMS..I registered on their website and applied for Saudi Arabian Airline... it says that no need to wait for IPAMS to contact me, that I can go directly to IPAMS to have my initial screening and interview. Can you share me what happens during the initial screening and interview? who really conducts the interview? is it a representative from Saudi or just a rep from IPAMS? By the way, do you know that there will be an open day for Qatar Airlines this coming Sunday (October 2, 2011) at Intercon..you should try it too.. I'll be going there on sunday..

mhico
28th Sep 2011, 10:04
Hi there.. Are you from Philippines? well, it's not too late for us... there will be an open day for Qatar Airlines this coming Sunday (October 02, 2011) at Intercon... we could go and apply there..just have your passport sized and 1 4R picture with sky blue background.... see yah ;)

mhico
28th Sep 2011, 10:06
hey MsKatt, you should come as well... it won't hurt if you try Qatar Airlines... while you're waiting for a schedule of your final interview... :-)

MsKatt
28th Sep 2011, 10:20
@Mhico

Yes! I would love too! But I'm not from manila. This typhoon is such a destruction! :(

mhico
28th Sep 2011, 11:20
where are you from? I believe Qatar also has a schedule for an open day in Bacolod...

MsKatt
28th Sep 2011, 11:40
I'm from Mindanao :(

mhico
28th Sep 2011, 11:54
oh sorry.. i though you're in manila as stated in your "location"... :) oh well, so far that's the only schedule i was able to find for the open recruitment of Qatar Airlines here in Philippines... i haven't heard of any airlines having an open day here.. hopefully, there would be...

emjey
29th Sep 2011, 09:11
hi guys! me too, waiting for sv for their manila recruitment...the waiting game is taking too long..gosh ;) but never loose hope..hope we'll get updates from IPAMS soon...
@MsKatt - i guess your are mskatt from PEX..:ok: nice to see you here..
(-beanie)

Here comes october! - good vibes...:)

fadreamer
11th Oct 2011, 04:15
i had my initial interview and passed my CV at IPAMS here in the Philippines.. They told me to wait up until the end of OCT. i think my initial went fine..They also added that Saudia haven't given any instructions for further process.. Why are they taking soo long? I'm getting impatient.. I would like to ask if ever you have any idea.. how many FA do they need as of the moment? Are u guys still employed with Saudia? i have a friend there.. my childhood one, her name's Chen.. she's new also.. went there about march i think.. i really wanted to be a part of your airline esp. knowing that Saudia gives out 7 free tix.. are those Round Trip or One way only?

I'm 22, Registered Nurse, Female, Married.. Are they particular with the Marital Status?

Can you give me some insights or advised just in case i get called by your HRD?

Thanks.. would really appreciate your support.

mhico
11th Oct 2011, 10:26
hi there.. i haven't gone to ipams yet..i'm planning to go there next week to apply for saudia.. how was the process? anyway, i'm 24 turning 25 this october, registered nurse, married also... i think they are also accepting married people nowadays.. did ipams tell you how long the process is? and what's next? what did you do in ipams? is it just initial screening and interview? please give advise..thanks

fadreamer
11th Oct 2011, 14:21
I went there last Oct. 4, I'm not pretty sure if they're still entertaining applicants coz it says from their post that oct. 4 was the last day.. better call them up for clarifications so that time, effort and money would not get wasted..

IPAMS Saudia - they weigh me in, took my height, claimed my CV and IPAMS CV, 2x2 pic and whole body pic. after that, a lady interviewed me and asked several questions like, what does it takes for me to be an FA above all applicants, why would i want to be one if im already an RN, how does my husband reacts towards my application knowing that i have a kid and him, what do you expect or know about being an FA, how come i didn't tried applying for local airlines and so on, can't remember.. She told me to wait for the SAUDIA's email til end of Oct. apparently, Saudia has no further instructions for the other processes for Ipams, so we'll have to wait for that email and instructions......

and I'm getting impatient.. :I i started this career switch last 2 weeks ago and boy, it's not easy to get in.. what Airline have you tried? I went to QA and Cebupac, apparently I got rejected.. :confused:

fadreamer
13th Oct 2011, 01:46
Do you have any idea when will Saudia conduct their final interview here in the Philippines? Patiently waiting for that email and schedule.... :rolleyes: Its very difficult to be hanged up.. :sad:

mutt
13th Oct 2011, 08:05
registered nurse, married also Why do you want to be a FA with SV? I would suggest you beg/borrow/steal the money to apply for a nursing position in the USA/Canada and then bring your family.

Mutt

fadreamer
13th Oct 2011, 09:26
Eversince, I really wanted to be an FA.. now that I am an RN and practicing my profession here in the Philly, there's this sense of urge or unfulfilled dream, to which i want to attain and that's to be an FA.. I got married at a very young age and started a family, though I don't want that situation to be the reason not to fulfill mine.. I hope your getting my point or relate somehow.. I hope I'm able to achieve this one.

MsKatt
11th Nov 2011, 05:31
Is Saudia still hiring? hmmmmm...

MsKatt
22nd Nov 2011, 09:34
According to IPAMS, recruitment for Saudia here in the Philippines will not push through at this time...:confused: They did not disclose any other information about it. Sighs. God bless everybody :(:(

fadreamer
22nd Nov 2011, 14:00
Posted from SaudiA's Fan Page at Facebook if when will be their dates for the interview here in the Philippines, and they replied, "not yet..."

:( why are they taking so long?

MsKatt
28th Nov 2011, 22:32
i think Saudia is on Freeze hiring :) lets just pray and hope for the best :)

priyamudaliar
9th Dec 2011, 06:41
hello,

how to get login id from saudiarbian airline n from where do v have to login id.

BlackLotus
10th Jan 2012, 06:03
I'm 18 - turning 19 and i've always wanted to be a flight attendant ever since i was little..My height is about 157 to 158 cm. I read in the saudi airline website that their minimum height requirement was 160cm for a cabin crew :uhoh:. Are they that strict on height? :confused:
* I also measured that i can reach 210cm tiptoed.
* I am a filipino and can speak fluent english and a little arabic, since i grew in saudi arabia.

Do you think, i can still get in despite the fact that i'm too short? BTW, i'm almost done with my BSN course and hopefully pass the board exam to become an RN < does this requirement aide to my employment as a cabin crew/ flight attendant?

Hope you guys could give me feedback, i'm planning on applying somewhere in the future since my family is based on KSA. Thanks. :ok:

flyhighnet
17th Jan 2012, 23:33
hey please please help!!!:bored::ugh:
I applied at ipams for saudia airline.. they asked me to wait for an invitation and that was last year.. I thought i wont have any chances to them.. Now that i have a ticket going to Abu Dhabi to personally look for any airline that would hire me there, ipams just emailed me an invitation for feb 20 it's a FINAL interview for Saudia... Unfortunately I will be leaving on feb 2...
can any1 tell me who has been in saudia's final interview? Because I am willing to gamble I am not going to pursue to Abu Dhabi if Saudia is a sure shot...

please anyone... Just a simple advice.:) tnx:O:O:O

flyhighnet
17th Jan 2012, 23:42
Please any one who has undergone final interview of Saudia Airline? because I was invited.. Im nervous... please tnx;)

flyhighnet
18th Jan 2012, 00:26
hey arre you now working in saudia?
im kinda need a help here.. i was invited for a final interview which i applied for a cabin crew at ipams last year... i just had a second thought after reading all the nsgs here... can you help me? if is there any assurance in making it thru if you;ll be going through final interview?

tnx

j_orbz
27th Jan 2012, 08:12
I am planning to go for a walk in interview for IPAMS week feb 3 may be and this would be there last schedule. I am thinking twice to go because currently I have an evident pimple on my cheek ( I'm waiting for it to lighten) and I am aware that my legs is not that flawless..are they very strict when it comes to legs?:confused: Is this the first basis they really look on to?:confused: I know one requirement is to look good physically. I know I might not end up have a perfect score for my legs but I believe I have the rest of the qualities they look for.
Hope one could answer me :)

Damselle
12th Feb 2012, 22:36
Is there anyone here who tried the initial screening in IPAMS for Saudia Airlines? I went there last Jan 18 and haven't received any call/text from them...the final interview will be on Feb 19. Anyone contacted yet?