PDA

View Full Version : PPL Equipment

MIKECR
21st Apr 2008, 13:12
Quick question - I have a friend who's looking to do his NPPL or perhaps a full JAA PPL. Im hoping to pass some books and equipment on to him but just wondering if theyre perhaps a bit out of date. Perhaps someone currently doing their PPL could answer.

I have the Trevor Thoms books, published 2000, 1 - 4(Flying Training, Aviation Law and Met, The Aeroplane Technical and Air Navigation). I also have Human Factors for Pilots, Second Edition, by Green, Muir, James and Caldwell. Any ideas if these books will suffice or is there any others that he might need.

I also have a CRP1, plotters and compass I can give him. Anything else he might need? He already has a current half mil chart, logbook and RT Licence.

Genghis the Engineer
21st Apr 2008, 13:48
I'd guess that all of that is useable except possibly the air law book - unlike the laws of physics, it's the one thing that keeps changing.

G

MIKECR
21st Apr 2008, 13:55
Thanks. I had a feeling the Air Law book would be the one thats out of date.

BackPacker
21st Apr 2008, 21:11
You might also want to check how up to date "human factors" is. There's been a few new theories such as the approach to risk, that keep changing. Doesn't Trevor Thom do a Human Factors book too now?