PDA

View Full Version : Information for young ATCO?!!!?

Poter
18th Apr 2008, 17:20
Very good evening for everybody at this camp!
I have few questions for those who can find minute and tell me something about oportunities to go, stay and work as ATCO in Spain.
What are the requirements to foreign atcos to take part in AENA atco team, and so on...For example, If I have European licence, I am APP and ACC atco, Have passed ELPAC, what should I do next?
What are possibilities to find living place? :confused:
What are avarage wages?
What are the differencies of all the area centres. Are there any social aspects?:ugh:
And are there any benefits to those who have master degree.
Any information will be useful!
Any ideas?Any recomendations?Go ahead! You are welcome! :ok:

ThX :D

jopeec
19th Apr 2008, 07:26
Dear Poter,

I'm on the opposite way, I'm spaniard and I'll start my training at Bournemouth next July.

Every foreigner has the same requirements as an Spanish. I reccomend to you to visit www.aena.es (http://www.aena.es) and air navigation section on it.

Unfourtunately, there are selection proccess once in a while. The selection proccess consists on 3 stages:

1.- General knowledge (according to a booklet) test, psico test, english test and spanish test (for foreigners).
2.- Computered based Psicotechnical test
3.- Interview.

With regards on the accomodation AENA will no help you to find it, Frequently trainees rent a flat nearby the college (beside Barajas airport).

About the wages; during the college you will make the uncommesourably amount of 100€, afterwards you could earn up to 30000€/month depending the unit you'll work on.

During the training you will be trained on Aera and Aerodrome, and you will choose afterwards taking to account the posts availables.

I forget to inform to you that you need to hold a university degree in order to apply for TATCO

I really enquiry you to try it, if you need more info send me a PM.

chevvron
19th Apr 2008, 08:34
You have to speak FLUENT Spanish and be an EU national.

wiccan
19th Apr 2008, 21:54
You have to speak FLUENT Spanish and be an EU national.
A colleague of mine, who had dual Nationality [Spanish Father/UK Mother] was refused a post in Spanish ATC because she was not Spanish
bb

chevvron
20th Apr 2008, 14:12
Really? That sound illegal under EU regulations; he has grounds to appeal.

Aviator_IT
20th Apr 2008, 17:24
A friend of mine told me he almost got the job (he is still doing ojt in another EU country and doesnt speak spanish) as a ACC controller, but the regulations will change soon in a year or so, so he will be able to work without speaking spanish.

For TWR and APP is different, ussually countries require controllers to speak their language for this two, but not for ACC.