PDA

View Full Version : MCC course content

leondelfierro
14th Apr 2008, 22:11
Hello all !, i'm a Commercial Pilot Student from Chile, i'm working on a presentation about the MCC course, and why is this required in Europe to fly airlines, from the legal and practical point of view. I will like to show the good and the bad points (if any) of getting this training before flying jets.

I will like to know from any of you guys who fly under JAA tickets, what should be incluided in a regular MCC course i understand that is to develop CRM abilities but i will like to go further... it would be really good if anyone can point a course structure, syllabus, or even the JAA law (if any) that describe how this should be given.

I've noticed that commonly takes 10 days to 3 weeks and it's made mostly in a Fixed Base trainer, and i will like to know the price range to see how this affect in budget for flight training.

Thanks!

wap101
15th Apr 2008, 07:49
The MCC course is not mainly to develop CRM skills. It is exactly what it says. It is a Multi Crew Co-operation Course.

It integrates technical interfaces of the aircraft and the absolutely necessary requirement for more than one crew member using the technical skills/knowledge required to run a larger aircraft compared to a single seat trainer. CRM is mainly concerned with integrating and the use of Non-Technical Skills.

Could a single person operate all the switches and monitor the flight and look out on a large momentum aircraft? The MCC introduces these considerations for the first time with theory (25 hrs) and practise in simulator.

CRM is not a specific part of the MCC but it obviously introduces and overlaps the concepts. The full CRM introduction comes when conducting the JAR regulated Initial CRM course ( minimum 2 days in JAR legislation) on joining a new company.
Hope that helps.

richatom
16th Apr 2008, 07:15
the absolutely necessary requirement

Except everywhere outside JARland...

Non-PC Plod
19th Apr 2008, 10:49
I am currently writing an MCC course for rotary-wing students, but same principle. The requirement is that anyone who has only single-pilot experience, but wants to obtain a type rating for a multi-pilot aircraft has to have training in multi-crew operations.
I dont have the paperwork in front of me, but off the top of my head, I think the minimum requirement is 25 hours theory and 20 hours practical (may be reduced to 10 hours if the course is integrated with type-rating training.)
The course is designed to teach the theory and practice of standard operating procedures in normal, abnbormal and emergency conditions, standard call-outs, division of tasks and responsibilities in the cockpit, crew decision-making, communication etc etc. There is lots of common ground with CRM. The full syllabus is available in an appendix to JAR-Ops 3 subpart N, which you should be able to find via google.
Some people who have spent many years alone in the cockpit have very poor understanding of how to operate safely and effectively as part of a crew - so this requirement is designesd to address that problem.