View Full Version : JAR Cpl (A) non IR

markkal
12th Apr 2008, 14:47
Hi folks !!!!!!

Does somebody know whether it is possible for a holder of a theoretical JAA Cpl to go for a practical Cpl without the ir (instruments) option ??

Is there such a thing as a Cpl restricted ???

Cpl training requires 25 hrs minimum with instruments and night time.. In case there is a "restricted" version what would be the requirements ???

Then there is a time limit of 3 years to pass the practical test after the Cpl theoretical exams...Correct ??

Keygrip
12th Apr 2008, 15:00
Absolutely, M.

There's no problem with you doing the CPL only. There is no creature such as a "Restricted CPL", it would be a full CPL that you would receive, the only "limitation" would be what you could be asked/expected to do with it without instrument privileges.

It's still a 25 hour course (including the instrument training) and, yes, three years from date of passing last written examination.

markkal
12th Apr 2008, 15:37
Thanks Keygrip !!!

Then the instrument and night flying are compulsory anyway.

My question may seem silly, but I am caught in the middle of European bureaucracy. Have been posting in other threads about this issue already !!!

Have done the theoretical Jar Cpl then an Jar FI(A) course recently in Italy.

I have a french Jar PPl (A) and the french refuse to endorse the newly acquired rating on my licence, thought both countries are JAA memeber states.
I was told that the french would implement mutual recognition under forthcoming EASA rules because they will be obliged to. When these will come into force is not clear, definitely not anytime soon.

One solution is to transfer my Ppl licence from france to Italy. Italian bureaucracy is a nightmare and I do not live permanantly there nor have a FI job..Did all of this for fun and to help local aeroclub during free time.

Then I would run into restrictions for my aerobatics and mountain rating, these are kept national.

Another solution would be to keep my french Jar (Ppl) and take the italian Jar Cpl where to have the FI(a) rating endorsed. Want to reduce expenses as much as I can..

Already spent 10'000 euros so far in courses alone.

Third solution - most likely- is to give up altogether...:mad::mad::oh:

Whopity
18th Apr 2008, 21:57
Get a UK JAA PPL and add the JAA FI rating. The French still won't accept it but its a start. EASA won't be fully implemented until about March 2012. The UK does have a CPL (Restricted) but its a jump between the UK BCPL and the JAA CPL.

markkal
19th Apr 2008, 13:11
Thanks Whopiti,

I assume that to get UK PPL one needs to go to the UK...Then get all extensions, FI, Aero's,Mountain..
What about medical and revalidation and 2 years check, can they be done abroad..
I know about EASA, not likely to be enforced soon

Take good care and thanks for info

Whopity
20th Apr 2008, 21:43
You can probably apply by post. They will not add the mountain or aeros ratings as they don't exist in the UK.

Any JAA Class 2 medical is acceptable and you can complete your revalidation with any JAA examiner outside the UK, just send the completed form to the CAA; the examiner signs the licence.