PDA

View Full Version : DHL Bahrain 727 gets damaged in flight

kbo415
12th Apr 2008, 09:11
Whilst flying back from Iraq the other day, the crew of a DHL 727 received substantial damage to the radar dome, static wicks and several wing panels. Whilst other crew members decided not to fly apparently this crew did and the end results were not good. DHL management is investigating the incident.:=

factsman
12th Apr 2008, 09:28
I take it this damage was caused by weather.. It doesn't surprise me.. This has happened to me before when I was there. The problem is the crews only get paid when they fly.. So you tend to have the mentallity to fly when you really should refuse the trip.. I know this isn't the smartest thing to do but it happens all the time there.. Hell, I was even guilty of it too. The Pilots are trying to get a garrantee montly hour pay like 95% of the other airlines in the world have,so they will no longer have to feel like they must fly when they really shouldn't be. Knowing DHL management I hope they don't try to burn the crew now by saying, you guys knew the weather was bad, why did you take the trip.. When DHL was the ones pushing them to go to begin with.