PDA

View Full Version : A Fantastic Bloke, Albeit In sandals

whowhenwhy
11th Apr 2008, 23:58
I was talking to a friend today, few and far between that they are, and it struck me that it's a year since we lost Robin Scrivens. Gone but never forgotten pal. Your character and ability to announce that summer was here by turning up at Colt in a loud shirt, shorts and sandals is a memory that will stay with me forever. As will the last time I saw you at the last ATC happy hour at the mess at Colt. Best wishes Robin and to all your friends :ok::D

atcomarkingtime
14th Apr 2008, 15:33
and I echo that too!! I'd met up with robin and the mrs a few months previous and his character will stay in my mind forever!!
cheers robin and ATC misses u mate

niknak
14th Apr 2008, 15:53
Having worked with Robin for many years (including the morning of his last day on this mortal coil), I still expect to walk into a room and find him there (although in Robin's case you'd hear him a long time before you saw him;)).

A plaque has been put up in his memory in the new radar room, although I'm sure he would have said the money would have been better spent on ale and a good party.

He's still missed and thank you to WWW for the reminder.:ok:

fisbangwollop
14th Apr 2008, 21:08
Saw the thread header...thought that can only be "Scriv".......served with him at RAF Tain back in 1972. My main memory of him was driving all the way from Norwich to Tain North Scotland in his new Fiat 500.......a major feat not only to do the trip but for Robin's long body to get in to it....just as well it had a sun roof!!!.....and yes even then his sandals were part of his uniform!!:ok: