PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Flyers

Robbo0885
10th Apr 2008, 14:28
Hi all,

This post is to anyone who flies around or near Aberdeen in the NE. I am looking for information on local flying groups around the Aberdeen area. I am looking to do my hour building towards CPL, and also living in Aberdeen it'd be great to take friends up. Any aircraft group members out there with info on the best way to fly around the Aberdeen area, info on groups looking for a new member, or even a private aircraft owner that'd hire, I'm all ears! PM me by all means!

Thanks

MIKECR
10th Apr 2008, 15:14
You could try the g-rook or g-bezv groups. Both friendly and reasonably priced. Theres another 2 or 3 syndicates ABZ resident, best go along and ask. Failing that, theres plenty of activity at Perth. Perhaps a bit far afield, but theres always groups there looking for people. General costs much cheaper than ABZ!

aged
27th Apr 2011, 09:21
Just to bring this up to date, there is a share for sale currently in one of the 172's based in Aberdeen, very clean - and much cheaper than going to Perth or Inverness!

pm for details

GK430
27th Apr 2011, 10:06
Wanted to fly into ABZ in June in a single - quoted £170 for handling alone by one company, before BAA runway and parking charges. Anyone offer better solution - yes, we'll probably go to Perth and hire a car!

Apologies for barging in on your thread.

NorthSouth
27th Apr 2011, 16:58
Longside, Whiterashes, Hatton, Insch

NS

GK430
28th Apr 2011, 10:17
Thanks - we need about 800m TODA.

gasax
28th Apr 2011, 12:49
That length means Perth or Dundee.....

BabyBear
28th Apr 2011, 13:05
or possibly Easterton?

BB

Slopey
28th Apr 2011, 13:30
You'd be far quicker driving from Dundee to Aberdeen than Elgin to Aberdeen tbh.

Unusual Attitude
28th Apr 2011, 14:45
My share in Aberdeen based C172 G-BEZV is indeed for sale as I now have my own aircraft based at Perth, PM me if interested.

Regards

UA

Quarto
2nd Aug 2011, 23:13
I'm in a similar situation to the OP whereby I am looking to potentially hourbuild in Scotland in the near future. I don't know if any of these aircraft groups would be willing to rent their aircraft out for a block of hours (60 or so). I am not too sure about buying a share in an aircraft though. I guess primarily as I have never done it before but also as post hourbuilding I would be busy completing the CPL MEIR and wouldn't really have the available time to fully utilise a share in an aircraft? In terms of owning a share, are you allowed to take the aircraft away for extended periods e.g. a couple of weeks?

I'd be interested to hear if the OP did manage to secure an aircraft to build time in Scotland, or from anyone else who managed to do this.

Thanks

kui2324
3rd Aug 2011, 11:32
There are shares for sale in two C172s in Aberdeen. You would need to contact each group to ask about block hours/taking away for weeks/weekends as each group tends to have their own group arrangement.

There are also two aircraft available for hire in Aberdeen - both well maintained; an IFR equipped PA 28 and a tidy C152.

PM me for any details.

kui

Unusual Attitude
3rd Aug 2011, 12:01
There is still one share available in one of the C172 groups, if you PM me I can give you the details, there is however another interested party so you'd need to be quick.

Regards

UA