PDA

View Full Version : Those Troublesome Diamonds

The Wicker Man
10th Apr 2008, 13:47
With effect from midnight on 31 March 2008 we handed back our two DA40-TDI's on the grounds that they have proved to be "Unfit for Purpose". As yet we have not had a reply from Diamond UK or Diamond Finance Services but our Austrian legal team have had a reply from the legal representative of Diamond Aircraft Industries. The two aircraft are still at Rochester Airport awaiting collection by Diamond Aircraft.
I should add that our action against Diamond Aircraft Industries is being heard in Austria on Monday 23rd June.
Regards

moggiee
10th Apr 2008, 17:23
What makes then "unfit for purpose" in your opinion?

Shunter
10th Apr 2008, 17:28
Something to do with new-fangled diesel engines blowing up on a weekly basis possibly? Fine, the airframes themselves might be ok, simply engine problems. But... they didn't buy a plane and put an engine in it, they bought a complete aircraft, hence under the relevant consumer law Diamond have to take the flack.

Seems reasonable to me.

Supersport
10th Apr 2008, 19:08
What makes then "unfit for purpose" in your opinion?

Same question :)

moggiee
10th Apr 2008, 20:46
We've found that (with proper maintenance) our Thielerts are perfectly adequate.

We have quite a lot of them, too.

B2N2
10th Apr 2008, 20:50
With effect from midnight on 31 March 2008 we handed back our two DA40-TDI's on the grounds that they have proved to be "Unfit for Purpose". As yet we have not had a reply from Diamond UK or Diamond Finance Services but our Austrian legal team have had a reply from the legal representative of Diamond Aircraft Industries. The two aircraft are still at Rochester Airport awaiting collection by Diamond Aircraft.
I should add that our action against Diamond Aircraft Industries is being heard in Austria on Monday 23rd June.
Regards

Point being?.........:ugh:

Three Yellows
11th Apr 2008, 06:47
I'm no legal expert Whicker Man, but as this is in the hands of the lawyers, I'd be very careful what you post on here.

Lurking123
11th Apr 2008, 07:04
Some would say that threshold has already been crossed.