PDA

View Full Version : GCAA versus Serco

Homo Simpson
10th Apr 2008, 13:28
Simple question.

Can anyone shed some light as to the salaries etc for these two companies.
I want to compare them to see roughly who offers the better package.
Please dont reduce this into a slagging match about how crap the company is.
Thanks

Fox3snapshot
10th Apr 2008, 13:33
Bugga! Your no fun....:E

delay undetermined
11th Apr 2008, 13:25
Well ... ref Serco, it depends where you want to go to.

In UK? Middle East is vastly different and I couldn't comment really.

But UK, every airport is on different terms and conditions, time off, rosters and contracts .. you name it! :sad:

Plus always badger for more cash - they're probably trying to stiff you and give you less cash than some of the others:yuk:. Standard company really. UK is getting really expensive thanks to labour and every company is trying to reduce terms and conditions! What I would give to be self employed!! Or win the lottery!! ;)

But it's not as bad as some! :ok:

bigmanatc
12th Apr 2008, 21:33
Ferkin hell.... sour pusses will always slag Serco off....as for me....its the best ever ....but thats a brit thing though....pussies !!

Homo Simpson
14th Apr 2008, 00:06
Just answer the question please!!!

the Shue
14th Apr 2008, 09:36
How can a guy with a handle of "Homo Simpson" be so serious? :8

Anyways, at the ACC, the pay is about the same at the moment, 40,000 AED per month. Big difference is SERCO will let you use one of their subsidized slums to live in (if they have one available) where you're on your own with the GCAA to find your own place. (Very difficult these days.)

Been talk of a big GCAA pay raise but that rumour has fizzled.

There... now can we slag????:O

Homo Simpson
14th Apr 2008, 12:21
Your getting there!

Homo Simpson
14th Apr 2008, 14:45
Salary apart are the other Terms and Conditions very similar?

Fox3snapshot
14th Apr 2008, 15:12
Don't make us do all the typing, do some searches through the dozens of threads that exist here and the Middle East forums and make your conclusions from that....quite a few of us getting fed up with repeating ourselves here. :hmm:

Homo Simpson
14th Apr 2008, 18:15
In the same way myself and others have to put up with a thread spiralling into a slagging match rather than sticking to the topic hence this thread.

Fox3snapshot
14th Apr 2008, 19:43
Unfortunately it is the nature of the beast....if you are in the industry I am surprised you haven't realized that by now. :ooh:

Funk
14th Apr 2008, 22:33
well put fox, if you are really interested jump on a plane and come see for yourself, otherwise stop being so bloody lazy and thread search

the Shue
15th Apr 2008, 08:32
A bigger issue than who to chose is "IF" this is where you want to come to in the first place. Hop on a plane (we have many of them) and come see for yourself. We slag better in person anyways.

By the way FOX3, I'm tired of repeating myself as well; you're the best looking controller in ATC and that's the last time I'm going to say it! :8

SINGAPURCANAC
15th Apr 2008, 09:17
And at the top of everything he should start to support - WILLIAMS F1 TEAM!:ok:

Fox3snapshot
15th Apr 2008, 12:00
Why thank you Shue, and I have just had my hair done too! :p

Geez Singa! Them's fight'n words mate! Go the big Red Bull! ;)

iahsatcs
19th Jun 2008, 05:10
First post but after alot of reading triying to learn about the mideast I only feel confident about one thing.

You are all wrong!

Its FERRARI in F1 :) :)

SINGAPURCANAC
19th Jun 2008, 21:17
@iahsatcs,
Sorry,brother but we(fox and me) are talking about premiership,not division III:E
Best regards,

TheFalcon
20th Jun 2008, 19:54
Serco is bad enough but working for the locals with the way they treat the local labour and their idea of worker retention, I would rather be dead and buried!!