PDA

View Full Version : Re-Validation Question

Seagull61
10th Apr 2008, 12:14
Okay,
Here`s my scenario. It could happen, but i will try to avoid it.
I passed my JAR PPL (A) on a SEP on 3rd October 2006. Flight ended at 15.25.
I am in my second year now and need 12 hours TT this year to renew.
I flew one flight on 0.55mins duration on 3rd october 2007 @ 17.00
Can i count this .55mins towards my 12 hours???
Thanks

HR200
10th Apr 2008, 12:45
Hi there,

I don't see why not, as it is within the 12 months, albeit by about 2 hours, but in none the less.

Maybe have a chat with your local flying school, an instructor could probably say for definate.

Happy flying!!

Andrew

jgs43
10th Apr 2008, 13:50
Check the date of expiry on the rating certificate within your licence.
The 12 hours require to be within the 12 months preceding the date of expiry. That will tell you if the 55 mins is allowable or not.
It is not the date of test that is important but the date of expiry of the rating.
Also if you do not meet the requirements for revalidation by experience you can revalidate by undertaking a proficiency check with an examiner within the three months preceding the date of expiry.

homeguard
10th Apr 2008, 16:47
The validation period runs from the date of test. Your test was passed on the 3rd October 2006.

The SEPL 24 month validation period ends at midnight on the 2nd October 2008. Check your revalidation date which should read 2nd October 2008 if the information you have given is correct.

Seagull61
10th Apr 2008, 20:30
Hi again,
I checked and the license expires on the 2nd October, so my 55mins flight last 3rd october will count towards the revalidation time.
Thanks to all

DFC
10th Apr 2008, 20:53
Check the date of expiry on the rating certificate within your licence.
The 12 hours require to be within the 12 months preceding the date of expiry. That will tell you if the 55 mins is allowable or not.
It is not the date of test that is important but the date of expiry of the rating.
Also if you do not meet the requirements for revalidation by experience you can revalidate by undertaking a proficiency check with an examiner within the three months preceding the date of expiry.

Not quite correct.

The 12 Month period ends on the day that you present your logbook to the examminer.

The Rating expires 2 October.

If the logbook etc is presented to the examminer on 1 August then the examminer will check for the experience in the 12 months ending 1 August.

If you present your logbook to the examminer tomorrow they will check for the experience in the last 12 months ending tomorrow.

The difference being that in the 1 August example your are in the 3 month window and the rating will be renewed for 2 Years from 2 October but if you do it tomorow then the new rating validity will be 2 years from tomorrow.

In simple terms;

2 October - when the rating expires unless renewed or revalidated

2 July - The earliest that you can go to an examminer to revalidate the rating by experience or by test and have the new period run from 2 October.

You can do it any time prior to 2 July but the 2 years will run from the day to do it.

Regards,

DFC