PDA

View Full Version : aircraft rental in canada

Vulcan607
9th Apr 2008, 18:33
Hi,

googled flying near montreal in Canada and cant find anywhere - could anyone whos flown over there recently recommend a organisation that can hire out PA28/C172.

Thanks

courchevel
9th Apr 2008, 19:49
Recently I was looking for the same and came across http://www.laurentideaviation.com

Due to changing plans I never contacted them.

gasax
10th Apr 2008, 07:35
I flew with Dorval although that was just on floats. Easy pleasant people to deal with although the seaplane base is a bit of a beggar to find!).

There are a fair number of outfits at the GA end of the airfield offering quite a variety of types. Your pick of that variety may be a better way to decide. Either way just turning up you would have quite a selection to choose from (although much less so if you are thinking floats!).

The Transport Canada office is also easy to deal with for the licence validation (but then so far all the Transport Canada offices have been good to deal with!)

Hen Ddraig
10th Apr 2008, 22:39
You could try www.copanational.org the website of the Canadian owners and pilots Association. They list most of the FBOs on their site.

Hen Ddraig

Time to spare, go by air.

jayteeto
11th Apr 2008, 01:17
It was a few years ago that I flew with laurentide aviation at the Cedars airport. Overall a very good experience. You need a Canadian licence endorsement from the offices at Montreal International, they recognise UK licences so it is easy. A 0.45min checkride and I was away!! I needed night hours to finish my CPL and flew around various small fields using the unicom to put on the lights. Cheap as chips too!!

PompeyPaul
11th Apr 2008, 07:55
The Transport Canada office is also easy to deal with for the licence validation (but then so far all the Transport Canada offices have been good to deal with!) Did you need to do anything specific in order to fly solo, apart from pay a fee ?