PDA

View Full Version : Flight around EU

airbandit
9th Apr 2008, 18:32
Hello,

I am 18 years old man from Lithuania. My great-grandfather was one of the first military pilot in free Lithuania. His achievements in aviation inspired me, so I also decided to dedicate my life for aviation. Currently I am studying towards Private Pilot Licence. I have 34 hours on a single engine aircraft (Piper Tomahawk)

My dream for future is to become a commercial pilot. But I feel that I have to do something else, something important.

In 1934 a group of 3 aircraft from Lithuania flew around a Europe. Their goal was to show for the world that Lithuania was independent, to show for everyone that aviation can be peaceful. One of the pilot in that flight was my great-grandfather. For Lithuania that flight was really important because it had strengthen Lithuanian's hearts and independence.

It may seem childish but I want to repeat that flight and dedicate it for everyone who had fallen in war or had died in a plane accident. I want to strengthen general aviation between different countries and different pilots. I even want to make this flight traditional and invite every pilot to participate in such a flight.

Well I wrote here a lot of beautiful ideas,but I really think this flight could be successful. The only problem for me is of course money. I want to find sponsors for this flight, so maybe someone could help me to find them or suggest someone who would like to help and of course participate in such a flight? I truly believe that this flight could re-unite European pilots. :ok:

[email protected]
+37062406596

PlasticPilot
9th Apr 2008, 18:52
That sounds like a nice project. You should try getting in touch with someone from the swiss watch manufacturer Breitling (www.breitling.com (http://www.breitling.com)). They sponsored the SuperConstrllation that has been restored in Switzerland few years ago, and also payed new painting to several swiss aeroclub planes (with their own logo on it... obviously).

A group of friends of mine recently bought a twin engine, and also contacted them to see if they would "pay" for their paint.

Hope this helps

PlasticPilot