PDA

View Full Version : Community air traffic controller licence

saintex2002
8th Apr 2008, 23:33
Little query to all European ATCOs :
On next May 17th, the new european ATCO licence will rule our job...So what will be for you the significant change ?... Above all about conditions for maintaining ratings and keeping endorsements valid...and what will be for that, the minimum number of hours on duty requested in your country ?... Will you have to file any log book to prove it ?... Or will your ANSP will do that for you ?... And what about your process of mutual recognition of these EU licences ?...

...And... oh, yes... about english level.... :rolleyes:

chevvron
9th Apr 2008, 11:07
At my unit, we have a system called 'Operational Position Monitoring' which records how much time you have spent on a particular sector and how recently you have done it.

Del Prado
9th Apr 2008, 12:33
OPM isn't reliable. It often breaks and on a weekend, it won't get fixed till Monday.
I've often split off a sector and forgotten to put my pass in or not taken it out when the sector's bandboxed.

Not exactly an accurate record of one's hours on sector.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
9th Apr 2008, 17:01
Similar system yonks ago where I worked - you had to press the off-channel intercom button and give your initials each time you took over and these were recorded on tape. Careful analysis revealed that Watch Supervisors, Deputy SATCO and canteen lady were among those that put in the most hours on radar while the rest of us did very little.

saintex2002
11th Apr 2008, 13:51
...So, with this new EU licence, no legal policy of minimum hours of duty to maintain your ratings or endorsements valid in UK ?... And no more policy for mutual recognition ?... NATS would become rebel ?... ;)

heading 125
11th Apr 2008, 17:44
In the UK we have the CAA class one medical. All pilots have a JAA class one. Anybody know what will happen to the medical come the new European licence.