PDA

View Full Version : Durham Tees Valley

2close
7th Apr 2008, 20:43
Hi troops,

Anyone know the landing, handling and weekend overnight parking fees for a PA28 at DTV and the price of Jet A-1?

How long does it take to get into town, cost by taxi and any eating/drinking holes recommended, preferably with a bit of live music?

Lastly, any decent, cheap B&Bs?

Cheers,

2close

ppvvmm
7th Apr 2008, 21:00
No answers Im afraid,

just intrigued why you are asking about a PA28 and JetA1??

what sort of lump does it have up front??

pvm

Pilotdom
7th Apr 2008, 21:13
Diesel conversion?

Three Yellows
8th Apr 2008, 04:58
This sort of thread always amazes me,

Midwest are in the UK AIP as the nominated Handling Agent for GA, they don't bite and their advice is free. Why not call them for an answer to almost all of your questions???:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Their number is + 44 (0)1325 337733

kylev
9th Apr 2008, 00:23
I cant say about the prices of parking/fuel etc as I just hire from the flying club. Which town do you mean? Please dont say Durham...cos if you mean Durham, then go to Newcastle, as its closer!

If you do...I'd imagine a taxi would be about 20 quid each way, darlington is nearest town, would be about 5-8 quid, and middlesbrough would be about a tenner probably.

tonker
9th Apr 2008, 08:26
Try looking in Lockyears farstrip guides aswell. Knowing GA handling in the Uk it will save you enough to get a decent B&B;)

If you need an IR/CPL in the future maybe make an appointment with an aeroclub, and ask if they mind you parking outside theirs whilst visiting!

LDG_GEAR _MONITOR
9th Apr 2008, 10:39
peterlee is much nearer to durham than newcastle ! and if you go on a wed fri or the weekend a lot of the jumpers are from there might even be able to hitch a lift ! jet a1 and avgas available there too

papa oscar
10th Apr 2008, 00:44
Landing fees are £8 per 1/2 tonne.
Mandatory handling by either MidWest or ServisAir for all visiting aircraft as of 1st April 2008 (costs unknown although Scale of Charges show £7.50 without the use of any equipment).
Parking fees for 24 hrs: £2.10 per 1/2 tonne.
Fuel prices: AVGAS £1.25 Jet A-1 (unknown but normally good rates)

All prices exclude VAT.

As for entertainment, go to Darlington rather than Stockton.
Check out laterooms.com (http://www.laterooms.com) for cheap hotels/B&B's.

When are you planning to visit?