PDA

View Full Version : Airlink promotions

Pages : 1 [2]

Avi8tor
21st Jun 2008, 20:49
LOL....Paying a Pilot by the hour for route flying. You have NO idea how many approaches I could do if I was paid by the hour!! Specially if its for duty hours. Just think of the technicals I could have or how slowly I could taxi.

taxilight
22nd Jun 2008, 16:23
I also want to get a 14th cheque. How on earth do you do it. Seems like you spend most your time on PPRUNE! Do you actually fly as well? ( Or is that just what you call it.) By the sound of it, you, probably want to come and work for link. You will fit right in with JVJ. Does the government just hand out 14th cheques to you or do you actually believe that you are making a profit. We are very honored that you still find the time to add your valuable opinion on a thread that does not really concern you. OOHHH please be merciful and bestow some more of your blessing upon us!!!:yuk:

nocandoo
22nd Jun 2008, 16:34
Seems you you have some anger management issues. Why dont you spend your 14th cheque with DR Horn. Maybe he can do something for you! In the mean time, lets not turn this thread into a LINK/SAX thing. SAX wins hands down in just about every department. We just want to make Link a better place.

Q4NVS
22nd Jun 2008, 18:13
No anger management issues - Just good old fashioned Fun..!

:zzz:

Romeo E.T.
22nd Jun 2008, 18:20
Q4NVS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems you you have some anger management issues. Why dont you spend your 14th cheque with DR Horn. Maybe he can do something for you!

You will have to join him up there with the angels and other stuff, he passed on from this world about 2 months ago.

Setron
24th Jun 2008, 13:13
No anger management issues - Just good old fashioned XXX stupidity..!

Tin-Tin
24th Jun 2008, 14:09
I guess you tend to become a little aggravated if you are forced to fly "barbie-jets" for the rest of your miserable life...:zzz:

Avi8tor
24th Jun 2008, 14:27
hmmm.....am I in the romper room?

I hear JvJ has been approaching ex Link guys for the Chief Pilot job. From what I hear he wants whoever is silly enough to take the job, to be the 'front man' for his silly ideas. Lucky nobody has been silly enough to fall for it.

Also hear its so bad they have pensioners flying in the right seat and doing training!!!

Q4NVS
24th Jun 2008, 16:09
By the sound of it, you, probably want to come and work for link.

The difference between Genius and Stupidity: Genius knows his/her Limits - Albert Einstein

:}

kiross
25th Jun 2008, 09:24
Good luck mate but the trend seems to be in the same direction as Zimbabwe
Sad to have to admit but you are probably right suitcaseman. At least the GPU's seem to be in a working order thse days. Thanks to whoever sorted that one out. It makes a big differense in the operation. Please could you also ensure that the props dont literally fall off? The loose ones found recently are NOT OK!:=

nocandoo
25th Jun 2008, 09:42
Can somebody shed some light on the direct entry captain situation. How does it affect the guys who have been ready for PICUS from January yet they are still waiting. Is this not known as unfair working conditions. Should they not get captains pay untill they get command? Surely your more senior PICUS ready first officers must have preference to direct entry captains. Why are cadets sent for picus whom are confirmed to go to airways in 2 months time anyway. Could this not be seen as a waste of money. Zimbabwe?:suspect:

super sweep seven
26th Jun 2008, 07:07
We do experience a shortage of Captains and a shortage of instructors, so do you think it will be better to just park the a/c and cancel flights because there are no Captains? What do you suggest, regarding the cadets - if you're ready for command you're ready for command whether you are a cadet or the man on the moon or leaving in 2mnths,it makes no difference.

Avi8tor
26th Jun 2008, 09:23
We do experience a shortage ..... of instructors..........ready for command whether you are a cadet or the man on the moon or leaving in 2mnths,it makes no difference. If you have a shortage of instructors, why would you waste time on training a guy/girl that would be online for NO more than 2 months????

Avi8tor
27th Jun 2008, 04:33
The only way Airlink will survive is to create some loyalty within the company and that looks like a pretty steep hill to climb at the moment. Amen brother

3rdBogey
27th Jun 2008, 19:49
RF: "If I wanted loyalty, I'd get a dog! Oh s-eish-1-tee, I have one~ it's called JVJ, when I let it off its chain! It might be ugly, but boy, where I send it to bite (the pilots), it does real GOOD damage!":eek:

nemesis mk1
5th Jul 2008, 08:49
Whats happened to this thread? I just thought of keeping it alive. It seems like all is well and everybody loves jvj. So life must be cool at airlink:ok:. More j41 captains are being promoted to the 146 and the embraier. And the 146 crew will be dual rated ie the avro and the 146.

Does somebody have an email address where i can apply to saa

i'm sick of this place

regards nemesis mk1

Katters
21st Jul 2008, 11:25
what happened to the "old" Chief pilot??? (and im not refering to Oupa)

nemesis mk1
21st Jul 2008, 16:36
starting at SAA on the 1st Aug. :{ Sorry to see him go

Goffel
23rd Jul 2008, 09:31
For the Airlink crew of SA 8636, George to Cape Town, (22/07/08), your company can be very proud of you guys and girls.

It has been a long time that I can actually sit back and say that the whole flight was proffessional and an absolute pleasure to be on. ..they even greased the landing into CT.

To the two girls in the back, you are an asset to your company...you were both great.

Thanks,
Goffe.

Jamex
23rd Jul 2008, 10:08
Goffel, I see you are still by the sea? Maybe you should change to Goofel? Seriously though, I envy you. Would not mind being by the sea myself.

nemesis mk1
28th Jul 2008, 14:31
It seems as if all is well at AIRLINK. So i thought i would keep this thread alive.

Long live this thread:{

Setron
30th Jul 2008, 15:35
Well, nemesis mk1 (aka Nuv), seeing that this thread is slowly becomming your private home, you should rename it "tell your secrets to Nuv - place"!

...Oh, hang on, I have something:
The old out(if there was one:E!), the (not so) new in!
I thought the Airlinker's had already a new C-pilot(es)?
Did the new one not just resently become a fleetcaptain?:confused:
Is this another money-saving idea from you know who?:suspect:
One fits all (Jobs)! :ugh:
Is the money now so bad there, that you have to have a second job?:(

ET.
31st Jul 2008, 02:35
I worked for Airlink in CPT. for a couple of years as a engineer, and really enjoyed the work and flying crew, but it seems the morale and everything else is going down the drain. Regards to you all from ET. in New Zealand.:ok:

nemesis mk1
1st Aug 2008, 05:30
I dont have the power to rename this thread. But what is meant by Nuv?

beesman
5th Aug 2008, 19:29
understand some f/o's including 2 girls highly upset. their picus cancelled by rf to allow direct entry captains on js41. Direct entry captains offered 48k/month=captain 7 salaries. One lady captain who left link now freelances and was offered cap 5 salary by jvj. must really p-off the faithfull ones if there are any left.

techman12
8th Aug 2008, 15:24
JVJ = Airlink + CRAP (POO) ton's of it there!!

sad to see the guys are still being ripped off.. even some taking shortcuts and the making more than the other guys!! (or GIRLS)

johnnybgoode
15th Aug 2008, 13:52
Just interested - how do the local carriers in SA compare in terms of salary and enjoyment?
Ive been contracting a few years now, and looking to get out. Thinking about trying to get to the coast, pref CPT. Are there jobs available down there with SAX, Link, 1Time etc?
If so, what can you expect, paywise - as any contractor will know - its always hard to take a pay-cut.... :(
Cheers
JBG

Q4NVS
16th Aug 2008, 07:08
SAX Jobs in Cape Town - Yes, CRJ.

Remuneration - You will find it hard to get the facts, as specifically with SAX, it is company policy that without prior approval employees are not allowed to make these details available to third parties.
(You sign this as part of your Offer of Employment).

Gatiep
17th Aug 2008, 08:27
Is it true that a whole bunch of guys due for Jet Promotions where held back because of crew shortages on the 41? Not sure why the guys hang around if this is the case!

beesman
23rd Oct 2008, 08:14
Sorry to have to report. Even though people(pilots, engineers and C/A's) are leaving faster than ever before, JVJ has won. We are simply too spineless to stand up to him.
He takes away our off weekends and what do we do? Nothing. We could have faught it as an unauthorised change of condition of employment. Instead we took it as if he were BABBA!
He had a trained crew member that got her medical back(Congrats). Instead he tells her to sign a 4 year contract to remain on. Now she is gone. Well done for not taking his BS!!!:D:D:D She left under the advice of Airways. Even they are laughing at him.
Rumour has it that SAFAIR is so sick and tired of him that they asked for a meeting with RF without jvj's presense.
Here a little heads up for January. Good luck in finding enough crew and good luck in finding the people to train them.
Here a bone for you jvj. Keep on interfering with our fuel figure decisions. We absolutely love it. So does your bottom line.
Sofar jvj has won. When you lads(and ladies) have had enough we can get rid of him just the same way Airways crew got rid of him. Just say the word.

Flyer14
23rd Oct 2008, 16:23
Where do we sign?

davidjh
23rd Oct 2008, 21:29
I noticed that the current Flight International has an Airlink advertisement for DEC's and DEFO's on all fleets?? What's going on? No "local" pilots to meet the demand or are they just savvy enough not to apply anymore?

Are things that bad?:bored:

nosecone
24th Oct 2008, 20:19
I noticed that the current Flight International has an Airlink advertisement for DEC's and DEFO's on all fleets?? What's going on?

THE CONTRACTORS AND SPV's GET PAID SUBSTANTIALLY MORE THAN US MUGGARDS WHO ARE LOYAL TO THAT BUNCH.
IT'S TIME TO TAKE THEM ON AND LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELDS

ARENDIII
25th Oct 2008, 00:47
Jets are old news-the new buzz is turboprops-YES you saw it here!

ARENDIII
25th Oct 2008, 00:58
Nobody Fiddles With My Fuel Figures - Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skyshark
25th Oct 2008, 17:31
btw fyi and all that, its not a jet. Its an insult to jets! Its scrap that noone will buy so the poms give them away. And guess whos front of the queue, the cheapest of all cheapskates, AIRLINK! And i burn a tonne more because i can!

Malagant
26th Oct 2008, 20:27
The Naturelink pilots that were signed out was done in an irregular way and something fishy about it and is beieng investigated, as other crew that did the same training at the same time were turned away recently after applying to have it put on their licences.:confused:

Der absolute Hammer
28th Oct 2008, 06:16
Flight International, October 28-November 3rd.
Captains and First Officers
ERJ135, J41, BAE146 and RJ85.

Captains needed is normal but why are they needing to import first officers?
That is not normal ops for airline at all - no sir!

awful truth
28th Oct 2008, 19:56
The fact is they will pay them more than the loyal idiots who have been there for some time

ufecatun
29th Oct 2008, 05:20
on your recent payslips you recieved a letter stating that your salary is confidential and must not be discussed with anyone else etc etc. WHY? "because they are paying als crew and contract pilots substantialy more - thats why!"

beesman
30th Oct 2008, 14:01
Well-in that case lets all get it out in the open. Im Captain 1 and I get R39K per month. Shall we all get it out in the open then. I understand Landi that's decided to join us again has started on a Captain 5 salary. Does anybody know how much that is. I want to know whether I should quit and apply again. How much does a new f/o get? how does this compare with the likes of SAX. It would certainly raise a few eyebrows.

Q4NVS
31st Oct 2008, 12:22
how does this compare with the likes of SAX

Firstly, remuneration at SAX is confidential and is so stated on your "Letter of Employment".

But, if you were an ALPA Branch you might just have had access to those tables.

:zzz:

beesman
31st Oct 2008, 20:43
Are there any other SAX drivers other than the Q4Neurotic that would like to enlighten us? or are you Sax boys scared of this nosy character?

awful truth
1st Nov 2008, 03:56
What Does The Als Pilots Earn?

308GT4
2nd Nov 2008, 09:23
"Where are Big-Ben at? C_ _ t!":8

Setron
3rd Nov 2008, 07:47
Any movement at AL?
Are there new A/C comming?
What about JVJ? Is he still there? It's suspiciously quite in that corner...

...and why is this thread so stretched(format), that you have to scroll all the way to the right to read the whole post?

26th Nov 2008, 19:09
Hi to all for the numerous comments on Airlink.
My question : If I, as an ex-Airlink J41 Captain with over 3500 hrs PIC, want to fly there, would it be considered??
Maybe I should keep regain my J41 currency, and fly my 250 to 5 nms, ....... or land on 26 in PE and turn off at 35 ????!!!!!
I trust you will give me good answers !!!:ok::ok:

sky waiter
27th Nov 2008, 04:44
Good luck to you turning off on 35 landing 26!!!! :eek:

beesman
28th Nov 2008, 11:24
Why is the JVJ so quite? Did he get a hiding from RF? Is it because the the Philpino pilots are safely back in the Philipines. Are they back there bacause home affairs came knocking on the door and found them flying with holiday visas? Is it because they are still being paid 11000 euro's a month for doing nothing. Why is JVJ so quite. Is this what link has become?:yuk:
If I, as an ex-Airlink J41 Captain with over 3500 hrs PIC, want to fly there, would it be considered??

John, link would take you back. They don't have to be desperate to do so but they are.
Good luck to you turning off on 35 landing 26!!!!
Steven. It is quite easy. With favourable winds it's easy with hardly any braking. Some will frown though!!!

techman12
6th Dec 2008, 18:14
yip heard another LINK 911 outbound again on thursday.. same technical problems going on there!! wonder when the props are finally coming off.. oh and Link has officially the worst ontime performance in South Africa! According to ACSA!:ok:

awful truth
7th Dec 2008, 04:22
I agree that link has a pathetic on time departure record. Many of them are technical delays and simple things like the tech log not in the aircraft, minor snags like pax oxygen, life vests etc. Only when the Captain Grounds the Aircraft do the scurry around like Rats on a hot tin plate trying to fix what should have been done the night before.

:{