PDA

View Full Version : Save, or much ado... ?

PaperTiger
2nd Apr 2008, 16:09
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89271740

Scant details in the clip - NW1273 MSP-BZN date unknown.

Sounds legit. :ok:

ISaidRightTurns
4th Apr 2008, 13:22
Maybe NW will retire the DC9s soon. I think that topic was discussed on the internets great-great-predecessor ACARS net.

TheFalcon
7th Apr 2008, 19:52
This guy did a really good job but an award?? How many awards do us controllers in the middle east deserve for correcting very serious mistakes made by idiots flying tin-cans. To quote an example without being specific for obvious reasons, only a few months ago I had one of those big big russian freighters climbing at about 100ft per minute straight into the mountains. When I queried his knowledge of terrain in the area he was oblivious of where or what altitude he was supposed to be and only decided to turn away after I intervened. I bet if I query any of you guys down in the middle east could quote one or two examples of very serious errors which could have been disastrous. When you do please quote awards received!!:O

FerrypilotDK
7th Apr 2008, 20:01
.....Ukrainian aircraft on the way into the old Athens airport. "Request remove vehilcles from runway! We are on final!"

THAT IS THE ROAD....THE AIRPORT IS TO YOUR RIGHT!

They spoke almost no >English when interviewed. Were invited to NEVER return to Greece!