PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this website

Commanche 260
1st Apr 2008, 16:24
Hi everyone

I found this website for flight planning (PLOGS). I was practicing PLOGS using the wizz wheel and then i entered my information into the page shown below to confirm if it was all correct, and sure enough it all matched up. It seems like a very accurate website, that will give you NOTAMS and en-route weather. You can then print it off.

Just wanted to know what you all think of it and would any of you use it. :ok:

http://www.activitae.com/plog/PreFlightPlog.htm

vanHorck
1st Apr 2008, 18:51
looks nice. Did you make it?

Commanche 260
1st Apr 2008, 20:44
No, i didn't make it. I just came across it while searching for something about doing PLOGS. :ok:

BRL
1st Apr 2008, 21:26
That is a great website.

It belongs to a young lady based at Shoreham I think. :)

She used to post a lot on here.

AirScrew
2nd Apr 2008, 01:39
Looks good. I'll use that.

angelacr
2nd Apr 2008, 09:35
Thanks for the 'young' BRL but in reality I'm a grey and wrinkley. As an update I'm now flying from Angers Marcé in France, but don't get to do much these days. I've joined the hoards of Brits that have become expats - at least for a while. I still keep an eye on here now and again.

And for Commanche260 - thanks for the refresh on here - I guess there is a new generation of pilots that need to find this stuff all over again.

So it is perhaps worth re-stating that activitae was started as a free service and was intended to be - and, I think, has been in some small way over the last five years - a spoiler to those trying to make money from providing pilots with safety information. Everyone is at it: the Met Office to provide 15 minute radar; Avknickers.com to provide what is essentially a very old, and very ugly website selling freely available information; countless SMS services sending aviation weather texts to your phone. You only have to look to the US to see how it should be done; free aviation weather as a national service including almost realtime radar.

:uhoh: Now how did I get started on that?

Angela