PDA

View Full Version : Need some help re-educating idiots please!

Kengineer-130
1st Apr 2008, 02:42
Have a read of this thread, idiots saying GA should be banned and 99% of accidents are pilot error!!! It's on another website I use, but these people are grown adults, and should know better, :mad:

http://passionford.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3200727#post3200727

If you wish to join and air your views it would be most appreciated :ok:.. I'm RWD_cossie_wil on there , have to excuse the bad lanuage! :*

SNS3Guppy
1st Apr 2008, 04:36
The lions share of aircraft mishaps are certainly pilot error, ranging from pilots who fail to preflight properly to pilots who run out of fuel to pilots who commit controlled flight into terrain.

Should general aviation be banned? Of course not. I find that training in the general aviation arena is perpetually lacking, however, and could certainly stand to be enhanced.

18greens
1st Apr 2008, 06:07
The views on that site look balanced. I would agree 99% of accidents are pilot related because they have made the aircraft so safe the only thing left to go wrong is the pilot.

It interesting IMA racing believes cars are safer than ac bacause he does not percive it to be dangerous. Is it 3000 fatalities per year on the roads. If a full jumbo crashed every month questions would soon be asked.

What about those 6 peopel who died in that head on collision in gloucester. It must be time to ban cars in that case.

athonite
1st Apr 2008, 19:04
Accidents are only ever due to human error, not pilot error, and no factor in issolation will cause an accident, there will always be ative and latent failures.

The problem we face in the UK from the pont of view of human error and subsequent accidents, is that GA is becoming pathologically over regulated to the point, that pilot's are in danger of believing if they conform to the regulations they must be safe. Over regulation takes away pilot decision making skills (common sense)

Dr Jekyll
1st Apr 2008, 19:24
GA is becoming pathologically over regulated to the point, that pilot's are in danger of believing if they conform to the regulations they must be safe. Over regulation takes away pilot decision making skills (common sense)

I suspect much the same is happening on the roads.

Kit d'Rection KG
1st Apr 2008, 19:38
Rubbish. Lots of pilots violate and die; some kill too.

Pudnucker
1st Apr 2008, 21:27
Maybe they should ban fast cars - I've almost been killed 3 times on the way to the airfield on a set of dangerous bends by kiddies in souped up 306's... Sod it, in this country, why don't we just ban everything :mad: