PDA

View Full Version : DHL Bahrain pilots start to refuse flights due to fatigue

factsman
31st Mar 2008, 18:26
More and more flights for DHL Bahrain are getting cancelled simply because the pilots are starting to call fatigue. With the terrible work schedule and shifting hours, the pilots have had enough and are too tired to fly. The General Management who has recently replaced Alan seems to be a good guy with the pilots needs in mind. Of course everyone starts out to be a nice guy. Only time will tell.. Most of the pilots feel once he realizes how his bonus will be affected for producing cost savings at the end of the year, then he'll probably be like all the others in the past.:rolleyes:

johnriketes
1st Apr 2008, 02:51
Don't they realise there is a war on? Well they are flying into an active war zone, so what's the difference?

I think the pilot's at DHL have LMF issues.

The Nr Fairy
1st Apr 2008, 03:02
What would you say if they found some LMF (:rolleyes:) and piled in because they forgot something because they were fatigued !

johnriketes
1st Apr 2008, 03:58
Jolly good.

If we are addressing safety issues then why are they flying into Iraq, where it is proven to be unsafe? It is a war zone for f**** sake. Are DHL a military outfit now?

As far as I am concerned they crossed the line on safety when they decided for themslves to fly into a war zone. I guess it is the sort of outfit that would let a pilot go if he/she deviated from an SOP for E.G., during a check but quiet happy for their crews to risk life or limb in the name of corporate greed by flying in and out of Bagdad.

LordGrumpy
3rd Apr 2008, 09:31
I am not familiar with this abbreviation. Would some kind soul enlighten me, a pm will do.

angels
3rd Apr 2008, 10:13
Lack of Moral Fibre.

Cunningly worded RAF term used to accuse somebody of cowardice.

PAXboy
3rd Apr 2008, 12:47
Not cowardice - although interpreted by many as such. It was an unpleasant term for: Shell shock and Imminent mental collapse, for what ever reason.

If a member of flight crew 'went LMF' it meant that the doctor said that he might crack up during an operation. They left the station within 24 hours and the RAF soon after, It was miserable for all.

As my father said (after 4.5 years and 106 operations on night fighters) "We were more scared of going to the CO to report as LMF, than of going on the next Op. So we went on the next Op!!"

I think that the use of the term here and in regard to the DHL pilots is wrong and wildly inappropriate. Perhaps the poster can tell us why he is so judgemental about people he does not know, who are in a situation he (probably) does not know from his base in 'nyc'?

The Nr Fairy
4th Apr 2008, 03:44
I don't think I was quite that eloquent, but see the response I got !