PDA

View Full Version : would like to rent a twin for 3mths

jxc
30th Mar 2008, 13:54
Hi

I would like to rent a twin not sure where to go or which one to go for would like the DA42tdi but know that wont be realistic looking to do about 100hrs mainly for hour building but to do alot of touring here and Europe.

What would you all recommend looking at cost per hour and fuel consumtion which is why i would like a diesel ( maybe a diesel single)
If i go down the single route must have 4 seats (misses and kids)
I would like the aircraft solely my use.

What about renting from say canada flying back to the UK for 3mths (would like a twin for this )

And 1 silly question what is meant by the price per hour wet if it means per hour inc fuel what happens when you fill up away from that airfield ?

many thanks

JXC

Three Yellows
30th Mar 2008, 15:15
what happens when you fill up away from that airfield ?

You discount the money spent on fuel from your costs for renting the plane.

Depending on who you are renting the plane from, they may need you to make sure that the receipt for the fuel is in their name/their company name for tax reasons.

englishal
30th Mar 2008, 16:06
Unlikely you would get exclusive use of a twin for 3 months if you are only going to fly 100 hrs (unless you pay a higher rate). Typically you'd have to guarantee and pay for at least 15 hrs per week.

I looked into this once, and what I'd do is negotiate a fair dry rate (i.e. you buy your own fuel and oil) as it saves a lot of messing around with receipts etc., on your return.

I don't know your experience but it'd be pretty difficult insurancewise to rent a twin in North America then fly it to Europe - the atlantic crossing for one.

I'd do it in the States myself, where you could possibly get a DA42 for $200 - $230 per hour dry, then tour the US.

soay
30th Mar 2008, 16:37
Diamond UK seem to have a couple of DA42s on their used aircraft list (http://www.diamondair.co.uk/preowned.html). Worth asking if they'd be prepared to rent you one, while they wait for a buyer.

maxdrypower
30th Mar 2008, 17:07
Join the no equity group at Blackpool for six months and dly a brand new twinstar for 100 squids per hour. You wouldnt be able to sue it three months solid but you could do 100 hrs in no time , or fly the aztec for 190 per hour