PDA

View Full Version : All not well at Brookfield!

CIPO
28th Mar 2008, 13:15
It appears that there's discontent with the Brookfield guys in FR. Forced to highlight a preferred month's annual leave in 2008/2009, no one it appears is getting June, July or August(or any month they requested!)............
Oh dear, did they sit fat dumb & happy and really think that they wouldn't be next to get fu*ked about by Ruinair......
Perhaps they'll wake up & smell the coffee now??? :D

captplaystation
28th Mar 2008, 21:08
They are only being given the winter months, and even then not the month they ask. . . ."as you are asking for Nov we will give you Jan". . . Oh dear.
Despite what some people may feel about contractors you have to remember that a fair number of them didn't even choose this route but were given no choice at the end of their line-training, so shouldn't really gloat chaps.
I suppose you could say they should have seen this coming, but it is still a bummer.
The braver ones will just say " sorry guys I am not avail in Aug". . . . . the consequences of a move like that will of course depend on the market situation on the day.

AbeamPoints
29th Mar 2008, 05:46
Are you actually suprised?

Really?!? Why?

MOL is a hard assed git and you signed up to be a contractor to him. The fact that the economic downturn has resulted in you all being abused up the bum should come as no suprise.

You have undermined the profession of airline pilot. You have cravenly stolen jobs by signing up for debt. You have worked to provide profit for Satan.

You want ANY sympathy? Good, I'm glad you don't because there sure as hell isn't any coming. Go back to selling cars in Latvia or renting houses in Bishops Stortford. 'Cause your future in commercial aviation is over.

You danced to the devils tune. PAYBACK.

speedrestriction
29th Mar 2008, 11:38
AbeamPoints,

Possibly the most melodramatic and hysterical post of the month.:D

MOL is a hard assed git I haven't seen too many airline CEOs who could be described as softies.

undermined the profession of airline pilot rather have placed a higher priority on money than Ts&Cs

You have cravenly stolen jobs Hardly, rather have taken the same jobs as they would have anyway, just have paid more for the privilige.

You have worked to provide profit for Satan Oh please, unless the airline is privately owned, we all work for the shareholders.

Diamond_Dog
29th Mar 2008, 11:51
Do you think the moderators would ever agree to posting a daily page 3 type pic on this site to go with the literature..

It would most certainly be the icing on the cake :ugh:

ICEHOUSES
29th Mar 2008, 12:59
Just seen that FR have sacked all there 40 call centre people in DUB and given them the very minimum statutory redundancy payoff, how nice, anyone thinks the staff cost cutting will go further than this...

smith
29th Mar 2008, 16:55
It is great to see the BA pilots stand up against "Open Skies" when theoretically it won't really affect their current T's&C's. They are essentially doing it for the future of their company and are prepared to stand up against management. Wish the same could be said about the scabs at FR who wouldn't stand up against a mouse. I know FR is just one training school for providing pilots but it would be nice if the airlines could turn the tables and not employ those have sold their souls to "satan", and leave them stuck in the job that they bought.

dontpressthat
29th Mar 2008, 17:01
Abeampoints...

Are you getting enough sleep?

DPT

RYR-738-JOCKEY
29th Mar 2008, 17:30
Back to topic. Here's the mail I got.
"We have now completed processing applications from our pilots for a full calendar month of unavailability. I can confirm that you have been allocated February.

This has been a very complex process as we have had a significant number of requests for the same months which has obviously resulted in some pilots not being granted their first preference. We are delighted however to be able to confirm that 46% of our Captain’s and 37% of our First Officers have been granted one of their three choices.

These allocations have now been entered into the Ryanair rostering system and cannot be amended for any reason therefore we would ask you to avoid calling our office with any requests to change your allocation as this is now impossible.

Regards..."

CIPO
29th Mar 2008, 17:58
I can smell the shiiitttteee off that from here!
With a huge % of contract pilots in FR it is impossible to stand up to the company. How many contract pilots does BA have??? Hmmmm, i wonder. Hence the stance it's pilots are taking & fair play to them. They are smelling the coffee before the water is in the kettle...........:ok:

the grim repa
29th Mar 2008, 18:04
Word from training dept. is that as part of the cost cutting,numbers of brrokfield contractors will not be re-employed after their sojourn.That the company is to cut back on pilot staff and lay up aircraft.Those who will be re-employed will do so on lesser terms than they are on now.

Smithy - there are a large number who would effect change at Ryanair,that takes frustratingly long.Until you know the exact in and outs of summary firings,court cases,intimidation and bullying within ryanair.You may well keep your "scab" sentiments to yourself.If you are in ryanair,get off your ass and join those who seek to better all our terms and conditions.If you are not in ryanair,may be best to keep your ignorant statements to yourself.

Day_Dreamer
29th Mar 2008, 18:16
So much crap spoken here
words like scab and satan are not appropriate in any polite society.
There seems to be a lot of sour grapes here about RYR, not actually deserved, but anytime one mention RYR out come the nasty people.
If any of you are like that in your company to your workmates you wont last long.
If you were ever to fly with me you would be treated with the contempt you deserve. being a gear bitch is a tough life.
On this post i have never read such a load of bollocks in a long time.
Would you dare post the same under your real names.
Those in RYR are Pilots well trained and professional, if some of you who post here failed the RYR interview I can understand why, but being bitter and twisted never helps the people in RYR just make twats feel better for positing.
I have said on a previous post that I have nothing to do with RYR, but support young pilots out to get their first jobs, and there is no such thing as a free type rating.
Look at CTC wings for low paid exploited youngsters.

RYR-738-JOCKEY
29th Mar 2008, 18:29
Not be re-employed, huh? So why is it that every time I'm at EMA 10-12 guys are being interviewed? Redundancies, my arse. First thing they'll do is to stop hiring. Then of course, BRK pilots will be made redundant. You mention "...after their sojourn.." A 5 year contract is what they give us.
What you say, will be true in about two years time. But not now.

dontpressthat
29th Mar 2008, 18:49
It would be interesting to know if 'smith' actually flies comercially for a living?

If so I wonder how he/she gained the TR at their company, Maybe bonded or perhaps a 3yr reduced salary agreement?? Therefore indirectly paying for it.

I dont fly for RYR but would happily accept their offer of an SSTR if it got me a job when nobody else was offering. Does that give anybody the right to call me a scab..?
If so I would say to them.. Ok thanks for that you To$$er!!

Clearly thats all just an 'IF'

DPT

CIPO
29th Mar 2008, 18:58
They will still hire because new guys are cheaper & they can give them an even shiiittteeer contract. Hmmm, wonder will we get that 3% payrise on Tues, me thinks not!!! :{

potkettleblack
31st Mar 2008, 07:52
They will keep on hiring because the new guys represent a source of profit. Lets face it if you think FR pay CAE the £30k or whatever they charge the cadet for a type rating then you need your head read. Then there is the free labour during the line training. The new cadets also represent a soft target and can be moved around the bases at will to fill gaps in the roster. Also a young guy/gal is more likely to put up with being given an air/ground mixed roster than someone with thousands of hours and an ATPL that will head for the hills and go fly for someone else.

MOL just announced a profit warning so it should be no surprise that he is going to cut back. He said years ago that he wanted the majority of FR's staff to be contractors so that he had a fluid workforce that he could cut at short notice.

nickyjsmith
31st Mar 2008, 08:29
I'm not a comercial pilot but i am a fair paying passenger. MOL treats his passengers (me included in the distant past) badly, the attitude has and always will be if you pay £10 for a ticket what do you expect?
I decided i would not fly with him 10 years ago and never have, you have a choice.
The crew that fly for him,staff or contract, had a choice and they made it.Contractor or not, the only way to change the way you are treated is to stick together and say no. He can't make money if you don't fly. If he sacks one of you then you all stop flying, he can't replace you all at once.
MOL has been very good building on Tony Ryan's airline, keeping down wages using fear and intimidation and as long as he makes money the share holders wil leave him to it.
I had a choice as a passenger and so do you as a worker, together you can make a change, how many of you got the month of you asked for? was it 46% or is that spin? Start a thread and find out.
Its over to you, i made my choice about i am treated and by the way i respect MOL but would not work for him either.

fatboy slim
31st Mar 2008, 08:34
dontpressthat

You are incorrect. A bond is not the same as paying money or accepting reduced salary for your TR.

I have been bonded twice in my career and feel it is a fair and sensible arrangement between pilot and airline. What I steadfastly refused to apply for ever is the easyJet SSTR and as for FR... a cold day in hell.

My point is that a bond is NOT indirectly paying for a type rating. I have been paid the full salary and the company rightly paid for the training needed for me to work for them. SSTR, reduced salary or stumping up for your rating is unfair, unethical and I can't see why anyone accepted it in the first place.

stansdead
31st Mar 2008, 11:02
Day Dreamer

Your post is just nonsense.

"Being a gear bitch is not much fun".... what leads you to believe that all posters on here would be junior to you??? You could be their "gear bitch" perhaps?? Or perhaps your ego precludes that.

And just how do you support young pilots in getting their first job?? Perhaps by relieving them of their money on a type rating course?? And then landing them the dream job in Ryanair, or perhaps even worse being a Brookfield contractor. You are all heart.

Grow up.:yuk:

BitMoreRightRudder
31st Mar 2008, 11:22
I'd second stansdead's post Day Dreamer

If you were ever to fly with me you would be treated with the contempt you deserve. being a gear bitch is a tough life

Oh dear.

Look at CTC wings for low paid exploited youngsters.

No, I'd just refer you back to your own shambles of an outfit. FR is the lowest of the low when it comes to exploitation, and we all know it.

potkettleblack
31st Mar 2008, 12:39
Attached is further evidence of a general slowdown in their operations. Are they asking for volunteers for this or will it just appear on your roster and you will be expected to up ship.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Lease&sec=LEASE

J Lieber
31st Mar 2008, 12:57
That information regarding wet leasing has been there well before all the latest round of hysteria.
Its incredible to think what started as speculation on the REPA site of a pay cut has led to all this.

the grim repa
31st Mar 2008, 15:19
very worrying.hysteria and speculation,what is even more incredible is that the pilots in ryanair cannot see the need for independent,free of interference democratic representation.

IRISHPILOT
8th Apr 2008, 10:10
Ryanair does not wet lease.

I tried to get an aircraft of theirs for a flight and the lady on the phone said they did not charter aircraft. On the other had she did not know what a wet lease was and if I wanted help with anything else.

Fax does not work and no reply on email...

captplaystation
8th Apr 2008, 16:58
Poor wee Irish lassy, you asked her for a wet lease.
She probably thought you were some kind of perv. . . . .

the grim repa
22nd Jun 2008, 12:47
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article4188626.ece

interesting story about how ryanair treats its pilots.before the lcc apologists start with their usual bs,this is the norm and not the exception.

londonmet
22nd Jun 2008, 13:56
Just add this to the list of why RYR is such a shameful, vile and unfriendly "organisation" it really is.

L Met

Mercenary Pilot
22nd Jun 2008, 14:29
When an airline sacks an employee, that employee must surrender his security passes. I would think that, by backdating a P45 and allowing the pilot to continue to operate, FR have committed an offense here. :confused:

BEagle
22nd Jun 2008, 14:35
Every time I read http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm it never ceased to amaze me why people fly with this airline.

It seems the workforce aren't treated any better either.

I saw that O'Leary interview - quite astonishing.

kwachon
22nd Jun 2008, 15:02
Last week O’Leary found himself on front pages after his comments at a press conference in Germany. He said Ryanair’s new transatlantic service would offer “beds and blowjobs” to those paying €5,000.

What a class act, with that kind of thinking it is no wonder the management pi$$es on the pilots!.

Thank goodness for corporate flying and the BBJ or else I might have gone down the airline path and been at the mercy of pi!!ocks like O'leary.

Flintstone
22nd Jun 2008, 15:12
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm

That ^^^ site makes interesting reading. I particularly liked the post about the Italian Ryanair employee on the 'helpline' saying (in Italian) "I wonder how long the English :mad: will hang on?" only to cut the caller off when he/she replied in Italian.

How any company that consistently shows such utter contempt for its customers and employees survives is beyond me. Needless to say I would never pay to travel with them.

BEagle
22nd Jun 2008, 15:12
Perhaps even more surprising is the fact that the airline 'management' are actually pleased that the interview has received so much publicity....

This is clear from their website's news page.

virginpilot1087
22nd Jun 2008, 16:53
People cant get june, july , august, and there grounding aircraft over the winter! are you all that stupid to think thats anything other than a smart move by FR!??!!

People fly more in summer (FACT!) so more aircraft needed and more crew! people fly less in Winter (FACT) so less aircraft needed less crew needed!

so my thoughts are, they can afford for so many aircraft from certian bases to sit on the ground in the quite period over winter, dublin and stansted I belive, people will fly less over those months and maybe even get a whole month off, then be back to max flying duties over summer,

bank some cash dont spend it all on strippers, its a good wage, enjoy the time off, after all what other job gives you 28 days hoilday plus a month plus 4days off after a 5day week, I think you will find none!

other option is they have less planes in total and run them 24/7 all year with less routes and less jobs and more pilots in the dole que! if you dont want to fly for them then fine there are other people to fly for, but with 200h TT I dont think you will get anywhere with such good T&C's!

if you are alredy with an airline and got thousends of jet hours,, then yea, save your 25k and carry on the normal ladder to bigger and better worlds, for me to pay my way in and get experiance on a superb ship and earn back very decent money was a good and smart move,, I have 35years now to do what I like in the aviation world.

Grotehaasje
22nd Jun 2008, 17:10
You think Ryanair are nasty to their pilots??

Have a look http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59600&highlight=grotehaasje

stator vane
23rd Jun 2008, 08:51
they need to be instructed on what a proper BJ is!!!!

and the best way to make sure there is no residue left in the seats!!!!

Nicoals
23rd Jun 2008, 09:09
CIPO - Just because you're a nobody who never made it as a pilot dont take it out on everyone else...Wake up and smell the coffee...

CIPO
23rd Jun 2008, 10:12
2600hrs jet time buddy. You can continue to lick the milk from your saucer now............ Meeoooow....... :ok:

Happy Wanderer
23rd Jun 2008, 17:10
As someone who has a shiny new fATPL, just over 300 hrs TT and is seriously considering going down the FR pay-to-fly route, I would honestly appreciate some 'how it is' stories from serving FR pilots, especially FOs. Is it really as bad working for the company as this thread and many more would suggest? What's there to like about the company? Some good news stories would make some refreshing reading.....

HW

the grim repa
23rd Jun 2008, 17:29
the good news is that like hundreds to date and most working there,you can always leave.maybe not if you are up to your eyeballs in debt.

Nicoals
23rd Jun 2008, 18:36
CIPO - Good to hear mate, but Im sorry to tell you that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2007 does'nt count :=.

Nicoals
23rd Jun 2008, 18:44
Happy Wanderer I have just hit 500 hrs with Ryanair as a Brookfield pilot and can tell you that no one from my course is unhappy. There is alot of rubbish out there but most people complaining (like CIPO) are angry pilots that didn't make it and don't even fly for Ryanair. Find me some Ryanair pilots that are complaining....good luck with your decision

wbryce
23rd Jun 2008, 18:44
Quick question for those on the new brookfields contract - can the 15euro line training charge be claimed back through taxation?

the grim repa
23rd Jun 2008, 21:20
if only 500 hours with brookefield( by the by,brookefield is not ryanair) was the yard stick.we would all be more than happy.unfortunately being here over 10 years and seeing how low it has gotten and continues to go(still fighting i might add),i fear for young F.N.G.
it is true that everything is relative and when you start in a company with abysmal terms and conditions,along with not having experience of the real world.then i suppose it is a great place to work.then i ask myself why does no one with experience(except idiots like me) hang around any longer.where have all my friends and colleagues gone.nicoals you will have your turn in the limelight either individually or collectively,then let us hear how happy you are.

Sky Goose
24th Jun 2008, 09:18
Happy Wanderer, been with FR for about 1 year now, started as a 200h FO, have about 700 hours on the 738 now.
All in all a positive experience. Did the TR with SAS in Stockholm (now called Oxford Aviation), very good course. Line training well structured with some very nice line training captains, so even though stressfull and hard work, was also enjoyable. You do get some cash during line training, works out to about £700,- a month. Once line training complete I was offered a BRK contract at the base of my choice, would have preferred a RYR contract but was not possible if I wanted the base I asked for, funny that...
Anyway, after a year on the line I am still enjoying it, the money is pretty good, the roster is very good 5\4 is awesome, and I got the month off I asked for.
Think it all depend what base you end up at and what previous airline experience you have, I came from working as a consulting engineer in London for 10 years, and I can say that from that backround the BRK contract with Ryanair is a sweet deal, no more 60 hour weeks to get a job out on time and dealing with difficult clients. Now I can sit at FL370, looking at the view reading the newspaper and trying to figure out what I'm gonna do on my 4 days off.
I can imagine that as an experienced captain things might look very different, and I repect that, this is just my opinion so far.

All the best and hope it all works out for you

cheers

Goose

CamelhAir
24th Jun 2008, 12:23
Nicolas, you have a bad attitude. Though I suspect your uncouth jibes at CIPO are reserved for pprune. Not so easy to do face to face is it?
Anyhow, the usual pattern of discussion about ryr is evident here. Anyone with no experience of other companies and with low hours thinks it great. Anyone with experience elsewhere or been in ryr long enough to open their eyes thinks it's a $hithole.
Sky Goose is in transition, likes it up til now but realises that it ain't so rosy as time goes by. It's a progression that happens to every newbie sooner or later, but mostly much sooner than you ever expected.
So here's the question for anyone contemplating ryr. Who do you listen to: those with minimal experience or those with lots? I know you don't want to hear the bad stuff but bear in mind that that first year of it all being a novelty lasts just that 1 year. Then you have 30 years of $hit til retirement.

pilot999
24th Jun 2008, 12:38
He was a German . so does it really matter?

Happy Wanderer
24th Jun 2008, 13:01
Nicoals and Goose - many thanks for the info, greatly apppreciated :)

Camelhair - good question. What I'm endeavouring to do here is listen to the good, bad and indifferent feedback, and then make an informed career decision. Granted, there appears to be significantly more critical stuff on this site than positive, but I'd probably expect that with a LCC.

Everyone's circumstances and motivations here will be different. I've had a previous (reasonably well paid) career, am married with no kids, have an fATPL and looking for that elusive bottom rung on the ladder - a starting point. Where else can someone with low hrs (311 in my case), no jet time, the prospect of flying a B738 and (eventually) getting paid for it go in the present climate? If got a job with FR, I'd probably have no intention of staying beyond 3-4 yrs anyway. With 2700+ hrs jet time under your belt, I reckon you could practically walk into another job, and one offering better T&Cs than FR. Indeed I know a number of FR grads who joined the company with precisely the same plan.

People on here moan about having to pay for this, that and the other with FR, and I find it all quite baffling. Unless you've worked for a legacy carrier or been in corporate, this is the norm. I've had a previous career with a UK blue chip as I said, and at no time did I expect them to pay for my suits, lunch and car parking. An FO at the FR open day I went to at EMA said jocks just bring their own food and drink onto the aircraft - just like a normal job surely?

What's exercising my mind more than anything else at the mo is the basing policy. As you have to agree to being based at any one of FR's 27 European bases when you join them, the last thing I'd want is to get the training over and done with, then get stuck in Marseille, Reus or Pisa for 6 mths - I gather this can and does happen. Probably OK if you're a single bloke, but not great if you're married like me.

For existing pilots, is this a realistic problem or do FR do their best to give you your stated preferences? I appreciate there's no g'tees...

HW

CamelhAir
24th Jun 2008, 13:43
If got a job with FR, I'd probably have no intention of staying beyond 3-4 yrs anyway. With 2700+ hrs jet time under your belt, I reckon you could practically walk into another job, and one offering better T&Cs than FR. Indeed I know a number of FR grads who joined the company with precisely the same plan.

Happy wanderer, I understand the attractiveness of this plan, it really does sound good. But there is a major, killer, flaw to it. When ryr was small, this plan really did work. Now all it does is shoot yourself in the foot. Why? Because the very act of working for ryr on lower T&C's than elsewhere allows ryr to undercut the rest, thus either forcing them to reduce their T&C's or go under. The current oil crisis is going to accelerate bankruptcies all over Europe. I can absolutely guarantee you that. More redundant, current and experienced pilots looking for less jobs, less airlines to go to, no-one else hiring. Do you see what this means for T&C's in the next couple of years?
So you ask me, what are the options?
You have already spent the money training so I appreciate you want to fly. You probably have very few options other than ryr. Wannabes in your position have to now accept that you will never earn a good living flying. Those of us farther up the ladder have to accept that our T&C's will continue to slide, and the rate will get faster, mainly because, let's be honest, wannabes will do the job for less.
So you either give it up and write off the training money or accept that the glory days are gone.
And yes, I know when you compare to other jobs, it might seem great. But I prefer to compare it to what it once was. Once upon a time, we didn't compare ourselves to lower incomes, we compared ourselves favourably to doctors, lawyers etc, the top earners of society. Unfortunately the very factors that made flying so attractive in the past have attracted people that have dragged us down into the crap job it is now.

ps on the base issue, it depends on supply and demand. Asking for a specific base is meaningless as you probably will be deliberately sent elsewhere (ryr don't want to see you happy - remember they want you to leave asap so they can fleece some other poor low payed mug for training).

Happy Wanderer
24th Jun 2008, 14:32
Quote: Wannabes in your position have to now accept that you will never earn a good living flying.

I guess it depends what you're used to. I've earned only investment income since taking redundancy, so anything would be welcome right now. Besides, there are FR FOs on the 'What is your take-home pay at the end of the month?' thread on this site giving amounts of £3600 after tax (2yr FO) and EUR5300 pre-tax (850 hrs, so presumably a yr 1 FO). Granted, we're in leaner times now, but seems a pretty reasonable wage to me!!

HW

CamelhAir
24th Jun 2008, 15:12
Happy wanderer, I understand your point here. However, if you can see it from my point of view, that is that in real terms the pay has plummeted. Unfortunately the understandable human nature that something is better than nothing is relentlessly forcing down pay. And there is now an entire generation of pilots that have no idea how good it once was and are prepared to accept crap as normal.
You'll forgive me for dismissing "a reasonable wage" as not really good enough when my real pay has been nuked in the last few years. At the rate the the decline is proceeding at, your "reasonable wage" is gonna be very unreasonable very soon.

RAT 5
24th Jun 2008, 17:15
Much of what Camel says is true; much of what others say is also true. Facts: General. An F/O with 1 year experience and fully released on line can, in most large jet airlines, earn 3500 - 4000 euros per month net. At age 23 that is massive when compared to 'apprentice' status jobs in other professions. Big bucks early on.

You then say, about RYR, I'll stay for 3-4 years. Problem there is that about the 4 year mark you will be in the command upgrade window. A command below 30 years old and a 50% salary rise. That is a lot to walk away from and go to the bottom of some major's seniority list. So, you might be sucked in for another 2 years to get the command time to carry with you. You now have to find a DEC vacancy that suits you. LoCo for 30 years is an unlikely option. Swapping similar horses brings slight changes, nothing substantial. So now it's back to RHS of a major and a 10 year wait for a LHS slot. It might be a better life style. but what a hit you'll take. Sometimes a 75% contract in your LoCo as captain might be a better option. Financially you might be better off over your whole career than swapping to a major, and with 25% more time off you might have the life style you wish for.

The times have changed, indeed. it is not what is was and never will be again. However, you may be able to engineer something more to your liking rather than foresaking your dreams. 6 years of hard graft, still a young person, perhaps, and then a quality life full of compromises.

CIPO
24th Jun 2008, 18:33
Nicoals, as i am obviously being highlighted by yourself as a Ryanair slagger & a MS 2007 pro perhaps you should research a little more before singling one out as one who doesn't know what one is talking about.
I see you are a 500hr Brookfield pilot...............
Now i do know i am much better placed to voice my opinion along with the likes of the Grim Repa..........

CIPO
28th Jun 2008, 11:43
Well said EPR. Nicoals has gone very quiet.............:oh:

Faire d'income
28th Jun 2008, 14:45
Happy Wanderer, been with FR for about 1 year now, started as a 200h FO, have about 700 hours on the 738 now.
All in all a positive experience. Did the TR with SAS in Stockholm (now called Oxford Aviation), very good course. Line training well structured with some very nice line training captains, so even though stressfull and hard work, was also enjoyable. You do get some cash during line training, works out to about £700,- a month. Once line training complete I was offered a BRK contract at the base of my choice, would have preferred a RYR contract but was not possible if I wanted the base I asked for, funny that...
Anyway, after a year on the line I am still enjoying it, the money is pretty good, the roster is very good 5\4 is awesome, and I got the month off I asked for.
Think it all depend what base you end up at and what previous airline experience you have, I came from working as a consulting engineer in London for 10 years, and I can say that from that backround the BRK contract with Ryanair is a sweet deal, no more 60 hour weeks to get a job out on time and dealing with difficult clients. Now I can sit at FL370, looking at the view reading the newspaper and trying to figure out what I'm gonna do on my 4 days off.
I can imagine that as an experienced captain things might look very different, and I repect that, this is just my opinion so far.

All the best and hope it all works out for you

cheers

Goose

You do know your management read this forum? You need a lot of important advice, quickly.

aerobat
28th Jun 2008, 17:44
That's real multi tasking, one eye on the view, one eye reading the paper and thinking at the same time - must be why we get paid so much. :)

Teddy Robinson
28th Jun 2008, 22:36
From a consumers point of view some chickens seem to be coming home to roost too. Ryanair's claim to be the low-cost choice is like most of their ramblings: high octane blarney.

A short tour of the net for the summer holidays I WILL be taking, and I find we can travel as human beings out of a London airport where a cattle prod is not a required accessory, allocated seating for wife and baby all for 30% of the cost of the Ryanair "experience" !.

In recent travels .. and there have been a many of them ... the scenario seems to repeat itself over and over again.

As this becomes wider knowledge to the traveling public, as it will over time, the company's game of smoke and mirrors will have come to an end.. thank goodness.

The final straw for us was seeing a member of cabin crew draping herself over a 737 cockpit in their in-flight magazine.

That confirmed everything we needed to know regarding the company attitude to employees and customers alike.

:yuk:

virginpilot1087
29th Jun 2008, 14:18
you dont like sexy girls draping themselfs over things?? would you prefer a guy!!!??? lol

bring it on baby

Teddy Robinson
29th Jun 2008, 19:07
Perhaps you miss the point.

Cabin crew at FR have a pretty poor deal through their T & C's, one can only wonder at the circumstances that have resulted in images appearing, of cabin crew, posed in the work environment in a Ryanair in-flight mag, read on board by pax.

Think about that. :sad:

Diamond_Dog
29th Jun 2008, 20:00
How much of this thread has anything to do with 'Brookfield'? 15-20%? :D

The Real Slim Shady
29th Jun 2008, 20:07
OK Teddy,

Tell us all about the terms and conditions: the ones which are so harsh.

I have worked all over Europe and Ryanair is the best job I have had: I get a fixed roster, and changes are minimal, I get paid huge amounts of money, I don't get hassled by management or crewing, I get great staff travel facilities, and I fly brand new airplanes.

I also get home every night and work with great people who are happy to be at work.

Your problem is??????

Teddy I did RTFQ: I was replying to post #58

virginpilot1087
29th Jun 2008, 20:59
:eek:again with the girls thing, do you think they were held at gun point to pose in there skimpys in there working enviorment???

I bet they were very prowd to do it, belive it or not but some girls love to show off there sexyness and would fall over to do it. as for been in the back as a pax and seeing one from the in flight magazine, me personally would love it. always had a thing for air hostess's as has nearly every red blooded male on the planet and nothing at all wrong with thinking about it, its actuly quite healthy, (so long as you keep your thoughts to yourself that is and respect them still)

Teddy Robinson
30th Jun 2008, 03:23
RTFQ :rolleyes:

Leo Hairy-Camel
30th Jun 2008, 12:37
Teddy, you seem to suggest that cabin crew are exploited. No one held guns to their twelve pretty heads and said "strip or else", same applies with employment in general. We are an all volunteer service, Teddy, pilots, cabin, engineers, pinup girls (and next year boys) included. If you object to the Ryanair "experience", avoid it. Exercise your God given right as a consumer and spend your money elsewhere, but kindly don't prognosticate from a point of absolute ignorance, it just makes you look silly.
The final straw for us was seeing a member of cabin crew draping herself over a 737 cockpit in their in-flight magazine.
That confirmed everything we needed to know regarding the company attitude to employees and customers alike.
Horse cookies. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

captplaystation
1st Jul 2008, 17:57
Well well Leo "pin-up girls (and next year boys)" that should keep you happy . . allegedly

Wing Commander Fowler
10th Jul 2008, 17:21
Gaystation - from you of ALL people! Have you learned nothing? :ugh:

captplaystation
11th Jul 2008, 17:08
Fowl-up, I never stop learning, sometimes things I wish I hadn't, but maybe we don't concur on who is the "real" Leo?
But then again, does it really matter ?

Abusing_the_sky
11th Jul 2008, 17:49
My manager asked me the other day if i would consider being in the 2008 Charity Calendar. Does that mean i am being exploited?:ugh:

TRY2FLY
11th Jul 2008, 19:19
being in the 2008 Charity Calendar

2008 calendar:confused:, Are we not a bit late doing a calendar for this year in the middle of July?

The Real Slim Shady
11th Jul 2008, 19:22
Hey, ATS is my missus.

If you even had a glimpse you wouldn't give a monkeys if it was 2008 or 2007 or 2009: she can make your eyes smile :D:D:D:D:D

Nicoals
29th Jul 2008, 14:06
'Well said EPR. Nicoals has gone very quiet.............:oh:'

No CIPO I just don't go on this every day I have a life....