PDA

View Full Version : The T5 Chaos

FinDir
28th Mar 2008, 00:01
Just out of curiosity, how did the carnage of T5 affect ATC operations today? Both with the new GMC position and the rest of the airfield?

Radarspod
28th Mar 2008, 08:39
suppose it depends on whether the new GMC controller has just flown in from his holidays, can't get his baggage and is stinking out the VCR with his two day worn clothes :ok:

autothrottle
28th Mar 2008, 10:16
Same old story, just they were not shafting BMI and EIN this time!
Lack of dispatchers in T5, oh dear.

Yellow Snow
28th Mar 2008, 12:57
From my perspective,

it was the smoothest, most trouble free day I've ever had as an LHR controller.

T5 was a shambles but the rest of the airfield worked like a dream without BA cocking it all up for other airlines. With the exception of T4 LH, they are now all in one place to delay each other without unfairly penalising other T1/T3 or T4 operators.

I seem to remember the sup' saying that BMI achieved 100% punctuality in T1 for the first time ever....I wonder what stopped them before:rolleyes::rolleyes:

point5
28th Mar 2008, 13:10
With the exception of T4 LH, they are now all in one place to delay each other without unfairly penalising other T1/T3 or T4 operators.

Until Sunday when they can start delaying Continental, Delta, Northwest and of course KLM, Kenya and TAM!

positionand hold
29th Mar 2008, 22:41
Point5
Thanks! I have been trying to find out which terminals all these ex-LGW airlines will make their home at LHR this week-end, with little success. The (gosh it's slow) BAA site for LHR does give the info, but only by destination not by airline. I guess the AF service to (I think) JFK will depart T2 then?

No credit to BA and BAA for the T5 pantomime, but at least BA put out a useful listing of which of their routes change and when (including all the Oz flights moving to T3 next year.....). And BCN, MAD, LIS, NCE and HEL also move to T3 in Sept 08 too......

So, who is taking over all those empty desks in T1 then? (or is this the terminal to head for right now?). Maybe BAA are so sorted at T5, they are already planning the start of LHR East...