PDA

View Full Version : Henstridge Fly-in Sunday

DavidWeston
24th Mar 2008, 00:36
Did anyone manage to make the journey yesterday? It seemed to be OK later in the day, but there were some nasty showers around which put me off.

I feel sorry for the organisers, after all their preparations......

ChampChump
24th Mar 2008, 16:22
I was wondering the same thing. 'Twas very nasty hereabouts in the sarfeast. My logbook shows we made it last year, which is no consolation.

I'm hoping to visit Henstridge at a later date, en route to Bodmin, so they can't relax just yet ... ;)

Let's hope the future is brighter for all the events in our diaries. This posted as I wait - and hope - for the gusts to drop enough to allow some Champing.

englishal
25th Mar 2008, 10:02
I went up there on Monday to put the GPS back in the plane (after update) but it was pretty blustery so I opted out of flying (17kts crosswind or thereabouts). I didn't go up in sunday but 30 miles south the weather was sh*te.....;)

Henstridge is a great place, there is a lot happening there- there will be a new "terminal" building being built soon....

DavidWeston
25th Mar 2008, 21:12
I agree, but there are 2 slight problems with Henstridge

1) the NIMBYS you have to make sure you avoid (and will be pleased to see the development of the airfield)
2) the stones...... it will be great to see that resolved

Three Yellows
26th Mar 2008, 21:59
the stones

Crikey, I didn't know they were still going:}